DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

I agree

Just remember that tanking isn't the goal, the cup is. We got this.

I'm liking this optimism from you tonight. True blue melt down has me nervous. He's been trying to dissuade the 'because Buffalo' talk and then has an outburst like he had is tough. It's like seeing your dad cry and realizing maybe everything won't be ok.....

I'm liking this optimism from you tonight. True blue melt down has me nervous. He's been trying to dissuade the 'because Buffalo' talk and then has an outburst like he had is tough. It's like seeing your dad cry and realizing maybe everything won't be ok.....

That ain't dad crying, it's dad showing that even though he knows better, deep down he actually cares as much as you do.

OMG. People, chill. Frankly, the worst thing about this is that the F'N Centre will be filled with annoying TO fans during the draft.

Even before tonight, GMTM was saying we might just have our top two lines, few people wanted Stamkos at the price, we were an emerging destination team, and Bylsma's system was making sense.

Before tonight, the Oilers had something like 3 number one picks in 7 years, had acquired McJesus, and still sucks. They remain the anti-destination team.

I think Murray has a handle on this team, TPegs has learned to step out of the way, and Bylsma may surprise us yet.

We have Samson, who has exceeded expectations, Jack Jack, whose potential is jaw-dropping on many nights, and ROR who may very well be better than the Concept of ROR.

Just chill.

No meltdown here. I'm breathing fire at Toronto, not freaking out about where we are. I still like our core forwards more than theirs, and eagerly await stomping Leaf fan dreams on a yearly basis. Just the whole way the qualitative aspect has played out has me fired up.

Murray didn't go there because he knew it was a joke. He publicly called it "ridiculous", if memory serves.

You think he didn't expect this? Murray is a step ahead and far more creative and courageous than most, if not all, of his equals in the league. Our Murray trumps TO's Centre-of-the-Universe mentality every day, all day.

Murray didn't go there because he knew it was a joke. He publicly called it "ridiculous", if memory serves.

You think he didn't expect this? Murray is a step ahead and far more creative and courageous than most, if not all, of his equals in the league. Our Murray trumps TO's Centre-of-the-Universe mentality every day, all day.

Murray gives me hope. Our top guys do too.

With all due respect to our friends up north, I don't think a Canadian team would have Murray as a GM. He's too unique, too individual. There's a reason you haven't seen too many Cups in Canada lately, and there's a reason those teams didn't make the playoffs this year.

Too much committee, too much hive mentality amongst the Canadian sport professionals.

No meltdown here. I'm breathing fire at Toronto, not freaking out about where we are. I still like our core forwards more than theirs, and eagerly await stomping Leaf fan dreams on a yearly basis. Just the whole way the qualitative aspect has played out has me fired up.

I hear ya man. I'm pissed off too. Leafs are going to be good sooner than later. First time I've had to deal with this as a Sabres fan living a stones throw from Toronto in at least 15 years. Thank god we should also be very good soon.

Oh man I love this post. Edited by Derrico

I love me some Tim Murray, but I don't think think he's immune from the "he was at the top of our board " cliché after the fact.

Watch the Reinhart Blue and Gold video.

If it was a fake edit it was cleverly and shamelessly done.

And I don't know how anyone here could take your "meltdown" as anything other than frustration at the ease of which the Leaf hand has been dealt. There's no woe is me here.

Outcome didn't matter to me but all the jinxy mcjinxertons got exactly what you deserved. All this "I know" "we're destined" crap. It's like you haven't been buffalo fans for very long or something. We are lucky we aren't picking 11th with all the bad juju going around.

Edited by inkman

Outcome didn't matter to me but all the jinxy mcjinxertons got exactly what you deserved. All this "I know" "we're destined" crap. It's like you haven't been buffalo fans for very long or something. We are lucky we aren't picking 11th with all the bad juju going around.

What's your problem with that number?

Watch the Reinhart Blue and Gold video.

If it was a fake edit it was cleverly and shamelessly done.

And I don't know how anyone here could take your "meltdown" as anything other than frustration at the ease of which the Leaf hand has been dealt. There's no woe is me here.

I watched it live and have no memory of this, but I'm happy to take your word for it. Long live Samson.

I personally think the NHL should have had Arizona win the lottery that way the home town kid plays at home and what better way to help out a struggling franchise. They will probably lose Hanzal in the offseason and their goes another one of their better players plus with the West being so tough anyway they really need all the help they can get. All these teams in Canada won't be affected with where ever these teams pick. These teams will always fill those arenas. If you are trying to grow the game in the US this is the worst possible scenario to have.

I personally think the NHL should have had Arizona win the lottery that way the home town kid plays at home and what better way to help out a struggling franchise. They will probably lose Hanzal in the offseason and their goes another one of their better players plus with the West being so tough anyway they really need all the help they can get. All these teams in Canada won't be affected with where ever these teams pick. These teams will always fill those arenas. If you are trying to grow the game in the US this is the worst possible scenario to have.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the NHL should be in the business of fixing the lottery.

Your trying to sell the game to the US market. Sorry call me crazy but hockey is 4th or 5th of the major sports in the US. How many times did NBC or CSNBC show McDavid? The game will always sell in Canada but in some of these US cities like Arizona, Carolina and even Florida before Jagr got their these are struggling franchises. Could you imagine what a player like McDavid would have done for Arizona. Ticket sales up and they would have more prime time games for them but he goes to Edmonton and has zero games on prime television for the US market. That's bad for the league in my opinion. Even if Toronto didn't win the lottery they would still sell out to watch that crap team. Geez Shanahan works for the NHL and then takes president of a struggling original 6 team, they steal a coach right from under us and then look #1 overall pick. How ironic.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This is one of the (very few) reasons I'm glad I don't live in Canada anymore.  I don't see any Leaves fans on a regular basis down here.

But McGill, man, there must have been some very beautiful women.

From ages 16 to 21 I was with the same girl, for all the good it did me.  It's kind of shocking how narrow my world view was, and how simultaneously intelligent I thought myself.

Of course I have another girlfriend now, and she's been in Oswego (2 hours, 20 minutes) for her first semester and Europe for the past 3 months. Because I'm apparently a lightning rod for long distance relationships.  But I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks in June (why I can't make the draft) and then she's moving back home and I'll FINALLY live in the same place as my significant other. (despite long distance, new relationship is still really good. I've learned a lot of things about myself and matured a lot, and I just can't imagine my previous relationship being anything like this.)

But McGill, man, there must have been some very beautiful women.

But yeah, like 6 double takes a day at least. And the marijuana...

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.