2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

#### the Blues! #### Hitchcock! #### them all!

I hope the Stars sweep the bastards. <--------censored?)

I can see your disdain for Hitchcock, but I like to see the Blues finally do something significant. That's a good, hard-working team with some underrated talent (Tarasenko, Elliot, Backes, Bouwmeester, Parayko, etc). I might have to root for them the rest of the way.

That third period - hell, the entire game - was what playoff hockey is all about. Great up & down action, good goaltending, posts & crossbars, good hits, and an intense crowd. I want that in Buffalo.

#### the Blues! #### Hitchcock! #### them all!

I hope the Stars sweep the bastards. <--------censored?)

Why so much animosity against the Blues of all teams? Ah Hitchcock.  Fair enough.  I love when I answer my own questions. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

I can see your disdain for Hitchcock, but I like to see the Blues finally do something significant. That's a good, hard-working team with some underrated talent (Tarasenko, Elliot, Backes, Bouwmeester, Parayko, etc). I might have to root for them the rest of the way.

That third period - hell, the entire game - was what playoff hockey is all about. Great up & down action, good goaltending, posts & crossbars, good hits, and an intense crowd. I want that in Buffalo.

Why so much animosity against the Blues of all teams? Ah Hitchcock.  Fair enough.  I love when I answer my own questions. 

Hawks fan and I utterly despise Hitchcock.

Hawks fan and I utterly despise Hitchcock.

Well I'm glad that the Hawks got booted.  It's time for someone else to have a chance.  Also, Patrick Kane while admittedly a great player is a punk.  I'm glad his season ended early.

Edited by TheCerebral1

Great playoffs so far, Islander-Florida series was fun to watch, the game 7 of St.Louis and the Blackhawks was must see tv, Nashville-Ducks series going to 7, Dallas-Blues series and the Penguins-Caps series should be awesome also.

My wife is looking at me like "hockey again???". I'm going to have to start using the upstairs tv more often.

Speaking of timeouts, I thought there was an interesting moment in the last Islanders-Panthers game. The Isles iced the puck and seemed to be gassed. But Jack Capuano didn't decide to call the timeout, John Tavares, who was on the ice, did. He made a "T" signal to the bench, and Capuano called timeout. Smart. Capuano, who challenged two calls all season, also made a critical challenge decision after getting good info. from his video coach. It was a close call, but it was a game- and series-changer.

Well the league will take another ratings hit. In Chicago it's now baseball season.

But there's no football in St. Louis anymore so they should be all aboard the NHL train.

Also learned in this thread.  Napolean was taller than Nathan Gerbe.

I'm indifferent to either NAS or ANA.  However, if ANA moves on, it get us closer to turning this year's third round choice into next years second IIRC from the McGinn trade.  That's enough for me to pull for ANA.

But there's no football in St. Louis anymore so they should be all aboard the NHL train.

Also learned in this thread.  Napolean was taller than Nathan Gerbe.

Have you ever been to St. Louis?  The only reason they followed football to begin with was they thought they were going to a Cards baseball game.

Oh, for that Panthers-Islanders series that was forced to play 3 games in 4 nights because the arenas schedules left them no choice.............. game 7 would have been tomorrow. For some reason the league made it possible for the Preds-Ducks though. 

Just pointing out the league's incompetency. Nothing more. 

Speaking of timeouts, I thought there was an interesting moment in the last Islanders-Panthers game. The Isles iced the puck and seemed to be gassed. But Jack Capuano didn't decide to call the timeout, John Tavares, who was on the ice, did. He made a "T" signal to the bench, and Capuano called timeout. Smart. Capuano, who challenged two calls all season, also made a critical challenge decision after getting good info. from his video coach. It was a close call, but it was a game- and series-changer.

This is impossible.

Was at the Preds - Ducks game last night plus games 3 & 4. Bridgestone Arena was crazy loud last night. I don't see the Preds winning in Anaheim, but strange things can happen in a game 7.

I'd call game 7 a pick 'em, at this point.

I thought that time out he called, allowing Toews to rest up and keep playing, was going to bite him in his fat azz.

Except for the fact that Toews finished with a big ole' goose-egg in 7 playoff games this year.

The double posts for Chicago w/ a few to play was crazy! Game was very exciting to watch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.