2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

No, it was tall.

All I saw was average, but I know he wasn't short. It was a myth started by Britain as propaganda, and it's still working

Other thing I heard was he lost Waterloo because he had hemorrhoids, and couldn't be close enough to the battle to relay commands

Only on SS can the entire point be completely ignored while making an issue about a reference. 

If Napoleon wasn't short, how come they use his name when referring to a 'Napoleon Complex'?

See above. Wouldn't be the first time we've kept using a title unintentionally ironically 

Did you get the reference?

Something being driven home culturally doesn't make it correct. Weather I understand the reference or not. Vikings didn't wear horns on their helmets either, doesn't mean I don't know what someone means by a 'Viking helmet' however

Only on SS can the entire point be completely ignored while making an issue about a reference. 

If Napoleon wasn't short, how come they use his name when referring to a 'Napoleon Complex'?

Probably due to the British propaganda that WildCard mentioned.

Similar to the Marco Rubio "Trump has small hands" propaganda.

So basically you're just being petty without even addressing my point.

Jesus Christ...... and I'm the one that likes to argue? I make a point about rivalries and here comes the gang to cry about the correct usage of a Napoleon Complex reference. 

Carry on. If y'all are going to be this argumentative this far into the offseason I sure as hell don't want to be around come August. 

So basically you're just being petty without even addressing my point.

Jesus Christ...... and I'm the one that likes to argue? I make a point about rivalries and here comes the gang to cry about the correct usage of a Napoleon Complex reference. 

Carry on. If y'all are going to be this argumentative this far into the offseason I sure as hell don't want to be around come August. 

No one's arguing...just having a polite conversation about trivia here.  We all know what a Napoleon complex is.

Napoleon is trying to force rivalries, that just doesn't happen. If he wants to create rivalries, go back to playing division teams 7-8 times a year and make it so there isn't 4 months off in between. 

Players create rivalries. With free agency running rampant, rivalries are short lived if they exist at all. 

Naploeon being a dwarf aside. When has free agency been rampant? Its been getting worse for years as key players are locked up. Can anyone name the team that lost their biggest 1 or 2 players to free agency in the last decade? I can name one. And it was a day I'll never forget.

Naploeon being a dwarf aside. When has free agency been rampant? Its been getting worse for years as key players are locked up. Can anyone name the team that lost their biggest 1 or 2 players to free agency in the last decade? I can name one. And it was a day I'll never forget.

In the last 10-15 years. Rivalries are nothing like they used to be no matter how much anybody tries to hype it. 

The really big ones always seem to go, Nash, Richards, etc.  I expect the same from Stamkos.

Elliott needs to stop that if the blues are going to win

Well, they aren't going to win, so I guess that's why he didn't stop it.

Hawks need a goal? Well, Schwartz will randomly blow a tire and fall on his ass once entering the zone, creating the chance.

Well, they aren't going to win, so I guess that's why he didn't stop it.

Hawks need a goal? Well, Schwartz will randomly blow a tire and fall on his ass once entering the zone, creating the chance.

I think he fell because of a terrible pass across, either way it sucked, Chicago isn't going to go away, the refs had no bearing on *that* period. Elliott looks awfully shaky tonight tho

I think he fell because of a terrible pass across, either way it sucked, Chicago isn't going to go away, the refs had no bearing on *that* period. Elliott looks awfully shaky tonight tho

I was secretely hoping the Blackhawks would score first, and hold on to the lead for a bit. Just the feeling that if Blues got an early lead again, they were gonna blow it. Once the momentum shifts, if it hasn't already, there will be no stopping Chicago.

Hawks are 18-0 in playoff games where Hossa scores.

There it is. There was never a chance St.Louis would win this series. Inevitability.

Playoff officiating is such a joke. You will never ind a more blatant trip than that one on Shaw. Hell, the entire stadium groaned

This series is so good. I wish this could go 15 games. That series and save by Crawford was just amazing

Chicago is just incredibly inventive and dynamic. So much fun to watch

Elliot with the leg save!

If you're not watching this game, you're missing the SCF

Edited by WildCard

Playoff officiating is such a joke. You will never ind a more blatant trip than that one on Shaw. Hell, the entire stadium groaned

This series is so good. I wish this could go 15 games. That series and save by Crawford was just amazing

Chicago is just incredibly inventive and dynamic. So much fun to watch

Elliot with the leg save!

If you're not watching this game, you're missing the SCF

I kinda can't believe the hockey I'm watching. This game is somethin' else.

I kinda can't believe the hockey I'm watching. This game is somethin' else.

Can you imagine if every team played this well? If hockey was this entertaining on a consistent basis, even in the playoffs, it's popularity would boom

I love how Keith is allowed to hook Fabbri when he's basically in alone

Was it a hook? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong. It is very clear though that the refs aren't going to be calling anything tonight

You're nuts if you don't wanna see a Stars-Hawks series

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.