2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Jagr didn't score, but he took a beating behind the net all series. He didn't come through, but he didn't not contribute. 

Unfortunately for the Panthers they play a speed game. They don't have enough guys to make a grit line. When their speed is matched, or they run out of steam.......... they're done. 

Hudler was invisible. 

I'm a little annoyed by the Florida game. There could have been two very blatant penalties called on the Islanders when Florida was attempting to score on the empty net. Instead of making those calls the officials let it go and we end up with a tie and overtime. This game should be over.

Right. And just another thing causing me to shake my head these playoffs. I know my memory could be short for these kind of things, but it seems so much worse this year. It was definitely a penalty, this series should be headed to a game 7.

The refs have been poor, but neither one left the puck sitting clear in the crease for Tavares to tap it in.

Fair enough, but I don't think two wrongs make a right in this case. If the rules are enforced even close to properly on Florida's chance with the empty net, the second situation doesn't happen. But your point is well taken. It's quickly becoming a "fool me once" atmosphere in the NHL this playoffs. There is so much questionable officiating going on, teams almost have to just expect it to happen and be ready. Unfortunate, but I can't think of what else they can do.  

The NHL served that game up to the Isles on a platter. Never should have gone to OT.

Oh, please. Again, if the league is cheating for certain teams but not the Sabres, you need to give it up. Seriously.

But d4rk is right. It doesn't have to be "cheating for", if it's just ineptitude, or even just a conscious decision to, in a general way, not properly enforce the rules in certain situations, no matter which team it is that may possibly benefit. It just comes down to officials directly influencing the results in a greater than usual way.

Which happened on that play. That tripping call had to be made. It was blatant, and not making the call potentially changed the course of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I'm not ready for the Sabres to make the playoffs. If I'm this pissed because my SECOND team got this hosed by the officials in the playoffs, I'm not sure what I'd do if it happened to the Sabres.

No other horses for me in any race.

Not pissed. Just disappointed.

Keep those big market teams winning - love it

Right. That's why the Rangers are out and the Islanders just won their first playoff series since Bill Clinton's first year in office.

But d4rk is right. It doesn't have to be "cheating for", if it's just ineptitude, or even just a conscious decision to, in a general way, not properly enforce the rules in certain situations, no matter which team it is that may possibly benefit. It just comes down to officials directly influencing the results in a greater than usual way.

Which happened on that play. That tripping call had to be made. It was blatant, and not making the call potentially changed the course of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The phrase "The NHL just served up..." is suggestive of more than officiating ineptitude.

Sorry, what do you mean?

I don't know why anyone would be a fan of a corrupt sport that is rigged against his or her favorite team. So the Sabres are just patsies in this scheme? They're the Washington Generals?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.