GDT Minnesota at Buffalo, 1pm

Eleven

I'm referring to the Pysyk situation in overtime.

As in the play that lead Eichel to being called offsides? Yeah, shortly before that had Psysk taken a quick look he would've seen Eichel in breakaway position. A linesman didn't get in the way. 

Edited by GoPre

I think that's pretty harsh. Sure you want Kane to finish a chance or two, but he was a force today and made a number of smart plays. 

Agreed.

The Hockey Gods get Saturday off, so Dylan the Intern was on duty today. Now, he didn't have as much to work with as The Gods had Oilers-Sabres, but he did a nice job anyway. One of the centerpieces of the Sabres' rebuild gets hands of stone in the overtime and shootout, and one of the former Core sticks the dagger in and twists to finish things off. Dylan is going places!

Who's this?

And if Psysk could've hit Eichel for a breakaway pass in OT the game could have been over. Damn, doing to many what if's now. Really hoping the Sabres can land a puck moving defenseman. Risto made a fantastic pass to Kane to set him up for a breakaway. If only Psyk could've done the same for Eichel. 

Yup, the Pysyk play bothers me most, he really could have easily hit Jack for the breakaway there. Jack probably would have done what he did in the shootout.

Overall, I'm happy with the game. The top line played really well and had some good chances, line two was great as always. Nice to see Jack get 2 points, Reinhart wtih a slick feed on Jack's goal. We actually looked good in OT, Bylsma seems to finally be choosing the right guys. Ditto for the shootout, outside of Kane. Plug in Ennis as the third shooter, and we should be set.

Edited by Thorny

The Hockey Gods get Saturday off, so Dylan the Intern was on duty today. Now, he didn't have as much to work with as The Gods had Oilers-Sabres, but he did a nice job anyway. One of the centerpieces of the Sabres' rebuild gets hands of stone in the overtime and shootout, and one of the former Core sticks the dagger in and twists to finish things off. Dylan is going places!

Goalies get no credit for making good saves?

I thought we played a good game, I'm not really sure I'm saying this.... But the 23-9-15 line is looking good and dangerous.

First goal was a soft flukey goal.

If we had upgraded D we would be fighting for a playoff spot I think, even with the lack of scoring, maybe next year we inch all the closer.

I love and hate Kane at the same time, hes feisty and willing to drop the gloves, gets open.... And then just chokes.

Man Samson has so much IQ that it's scary, maybe he can donate some to psysk and kane

Larsson, and Foligno actually looking good of late, if Moulson and Z did anything we'd be in good shape.

Have I mentioned I hate the shootout

Let me echo that the first line was impressive.

Kane is actually trying to move the puck more.

He's not that good at it yet, but it seems like he is respecting his linemates a little more.

I remember Samson in his first world junior when he wasn't dominant, but you could just see the intelligence and the puckmoving skills.

And then I remember how a year older that translated to dominance in last year's WJC.

I expect to see similar improvement for him in year two and three in the NHL.

Next year, Jack will be good for 30 goals and 70 points, easy.

Edited by dudacek

Worked during the game, managed to record it and watch it tonight. Got all the way to 4 left in the 3rd and it cut out on me. Judging by the final score I think I got lucky it did.

Jack and Kane finally looked good together, if only Kane could cash some opportunities. Lehner was very solid again. Jack's shot was incredible, and Samson's pass was even better. The picture above of Jack's celebration is awesome

Who scored for us in the shoot out?

Worked during the game, managed to record it and watch it tonight. Got all the way to 4 left in the 3rd and it cut out on me. Judging by the final score I think I got lucky it did.

Jack and Kane finally looked good together, if only Kane could cash some opportunities. Lehner was very solid again. Jack's shot was incredible, and Samson's pass was even better. The picture above of Jack's celebration is awesome

Who scored for us in the shoot out?

Eichel....Kane Reinhart and Foligno missed. Reinhart hit the post

I fully support Eichel adopting the Jordan tongue: 

The Sabres' Jack Eichel celebrates his goal in the second period

Ccz09fnWwAAucyt.jpg

Eichel- impression of MJ

C. O'Reilly- God I'm tired

Risto- Whaaaaaaaaat? While observing the replay.

Reinhart-I'm conflicted, I just helped Jack get ahead of me in goals. 

Eichel- impression of MJ

C. O'Reilly- God I'm tired

Risto- Whaaaaaaaaat? While observing the replay.

Reinhart-I'm conflicted, I just helped Jack get ahead of me in goals. 

haha nice

Fans in the background - I've heard this is where people stand up and cheer, but I dunnnnno

Brian Koziol ‏@BrianWGR  3m

Eichel: "Coach looked down the bench and asked if I wanted to go (in SO) and I said yeah" #Sabres Eichel now 1 of 4 in SO this year

So maybe Jack has been refusing to go out for the shootout

I don't think so.  Jack was on the ice to end the OT and was visibly gassed going back to the bench so I would think he was checking to see if Eichel had the steam to go right away.

And if Psysk could've hit Eichel for a breakaway pass in OT the game could have been over. Damn, doing to many what if's now. Really hoping the Sabres can land a puck moving defenseman. Risto made a fantastic pass to Kane to set him up for a breakaway. If only Psyk could've done the same for Eichel. 

For what it's worth my son called the lack of pass a good decision by Pysyk.  He said the defender's stick was close enough to the lane that it might have caused a turnover coming back 2 on 1 as both Eichel and Foligno were up the ice.  He said he would have hit Foligno as well.  Granted that was from section 318. :)

I didn't see the video for a better angle.

A couple of in person observations.

During warm-ups Eichel was toying around with his team slamming into the boards.. they were joking and laughing.  Seemed like there is some honest chemistry there.  It was nice to see.  Risto was involved as well.

The crowd really is just there to observe. No surprise. I think people feel conflicted as if they should cheer or not.  Like it's not allowed. 

There was a 6 year old (or so) sitting in front of me and the entire 5 minute OT he was chanting Let's Go Buffalo.  That was awesome!

When the shootout started people around me were going to stand up and were told by others not to... wtf is that?  Get your butts up and cheer!

My son got to hear the goal song.. so there's that.  It's pretty damn awesome in person.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.