GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

QAfnzY2.jpg

Oh my god, this is amazing!!!!

The puck would be afraid to hit him in the face.  Instead it would deflect itself and carom harmlessly into the corner.

Ok, this is hilarious.

About a month ago I wanted this team to pack it in for a draft pick. that, I completely forgot how much fun it is winning. Wow, I love this group of players. Who knows how it shakes out but I have a good feeling about the next decade of Sabres hockey. What a fun game tonight.

Oh c'mon, Negative JJ, think positive thoughts...sunshine is bright, puppies are cute, goalies are tough and refs are all mutes...Lehner could be our new John Scott.. after all..

He's going to the All Star game next year? Now that's being positive.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Yeah, and they play the team in that Wildcard spot on Sunday.  :)

Best game recap EVAR.  (If you want to see the very best bit of it, jump ahead to 1:10.)

Dude!  That was awesome, the stare is amazing!  Ugh the hit on Bogosian is not what this team needs.  Prays for no concussion!  :censored:

Am I the only one suprised to see Reinhart leading the team goals, at this point? Always had him figured for more of a setup guy. An added bonus, to be sure.

That's his game, but he's acclimating to what he needs to do.  Definitely a great thing.  

For my first post, all I'd like to say is...

Let's go Buffalo!!

Welcome from down undah!  

"Sam Reinhart is all heart as he drives to the net." Great call.

Also, Evander Kane is awesome.

I'm tired of everyone else bashing him.  So he overslept!  I'm so glad Evander Kane is on my team!  And Lehner not being worth a 1st, well I think I changed my mind just on that stare alone.  $$$$$$$

make-it-rain-guys.gif

Oh my god, this is amazing!!!!

Ok, this is hilarious.

About a month ago I wanted this team to pack it in for a draft pick. ###### that, I completely forgot how much fun it is winning. Wow, I love this group of players. Who knows how it shakes out but I have a good feeling about the next decade of Sabres hockey. What a fun game tonight.

It was fun. But we are still 11 points out of the #8 seed. So we are still destined for the lottery.

We have 11 of the 20-point GMTM pre-deadline challenge with 4 games to go. It's a certainty we will are selling now, if there was any doubt before.

Watched at a tavern in DC with no sound. Shout out to Aud. Postgame Jack went to give the obligatory hug and Lehner grabbed him behind the neck and squeezed. Ditto McGinn, and when Sam came back to the bench after scoring, Jack gave him abig hug. That has been what was. Missi g. An appreciation for everyone's contributions and wins. That is all

Huzzah. Glad my source was right.

It *was* a good win. I do think they're rounding into form.

Sorry if I missed it upthread: Did Franson return?

Hey, Dunleavy supporters, do you guys ever just listen to the games? Because I think he's passable as a TV guy and ###### terrble as a radio pbp guy.

Maybe that's because, like every other team in the league besides Dallas, our PBP guy is a TV guy. Split up the broadcast.

For the record, I also enjoy the call on the radio.

Columbus has changed their goalie from the rookie to the bigger McElhinney -- their announcers are talking about avoiding the goalie fight. But they'd rather have McElhinney in than their kid Korpisalo. Because Lehner might eat him.

Sad thing is Korpisalo's family flew in from Finland for this game.

Yeah, I've had that feeling for a while now too.  You just don't worry when Lehner's in net.  Yeah I know he had a blow-up or two and looked terrible, but like you said, when he's on... amazing.  And he's just starting.

I've been critical of Lehner and his ability to be our #1 but he played lights out last night. A couple of those saves were pure robbery. AND I loved his crazy eyes after the scrum with Johnson. The insane Viking look works for him.

How about Sam? He's going to be a special player for Buffalo.

I prefer a good radio call for the TV feed as well. Being a "passable tv guy" basically means you know how to talk better than Rob Ray. Dunleavy has some good goal calls, that's about all he does for me.

Rarely does the general population like tv people. Look at all the national guys who are widely regarded by those inside of the game to be great who get pretty much nothing but hate from all fan bases...

I think Dunleavy is good. I think Doc Emrick is great. RJ is a unique talent so I think Dunleavy may be suffering from being his follower but I think he'll do a fine job. I like the guy and the talent.

It was fun. But we are still 11 points out of the #8 seed. So we are still destined for the lottery.

We have 11 of the 20-point GMTM pre-deadline challenge with 4 games to go. It's a certainty we will are selling now, if there was any doubt before.

What about McGinn though? If he keeps scoring and the team keeps winning a bit before the deadline, the optics of dealing perhaps your leading goal scorer for pucks at the deadline would be terrible for a franchise struggling to turn the fans on, to the point where professing love for Leafs fans recently didn't seem like such a bad idea.

What about McGinn though? If he keeps scoring and the team keeps winning a bit before the deadline, the optics of dealing perhaps your leading goal scorer for pucks at the deadline would be terrible for a franchise struggling to turn the fans on, to the point where professing love for Leafs fans recently didn't seem like such a bad idea.

I do not want them to trade McGinn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.