GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

To get a little, you got to give a little, right? Well, your Buffalo Sabres will get back Evander Kane tonight after a 1 game suspension for missing a team practice the other day, but will sadly return Justin Bailey to the Rochester Amerks to get a little more seasoning in his cousine. Look for a visibly embarrassed Kane to come back full force tonight and remind his teammates that he isn't what everyone in Winnipeg cast him off as. 

But, you didn't come here for that, did you? No way, you came here for the good news, so sit your ass down, because that's what you're about to get. Your Buffalo Sabres, after playing Slippin Jimmy for 2 games, are 2-0-1 in their last 3, and 3-2-3 in their last 8. Now, that may not seem like a lot to some of you, but that's huge progress for a team where the two leading scorers are rookies. That stat right there tells me that not only are we winning, but that we're competitive too. The team is starting to come together folks, and now we can fasten our seat belts (how the is that not one word?) and watch the scoring race between Evander, ROR, Reinhart, and Eichel. All under contract, all under 25, and all extremely talented. Throw in Drago on the blue line, and maybe a little Finnish spice and some Cam Fowler, and we're in business.

Now, who better for the Sabres to face than the team that gifted them Jack Eichel? We all owe Cam Atkinson a beer for that one. Yet, here's the catch. For whatever Nolan-esk reason, Torts has the Jackets playing much better these days. 6-1-3 in their last 10, the BJ's have stepped out of the basement and sit tied with Buffalo at 53 points in 58 games. The Jackets are 4-2 in their last 6, and are coming off a 2-1 loss against the Bruins on Tuesday night.

The last time these teams squared off, I think we can all remember this goal.

Game Preview  (It's wrong, Jack did not score his first goal against Columbus)

STATS:
All Stats Columbus @ Buffalo (3-1 win)  (NA)
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart 

Thursday Practice report

"I have great optimism that it's a lesson learned to be quite frank," Bylsma said. "But it's one he has to also start to show and continue to show that he has learned that lesson. So I'm extremely optimistic that that's the direct he's headed in."

Kane apologized to his teammates while in Ottawa and reiterated his dedication to them after practice on Thursday.

"I'm going to make sure this doesn't happen again and I'm not in the same situation again because it's not a trend that I want to be a part of," he said. "It was definitely a lesson.

"…We have a really good group of guys in here and it was tough to let those guys down the other day. I'm going to make sure I'm the best player I possibly can be for these guys. That will start in Columbus moving forward here."

Forwards:

Evander Kane – 90 ROR– 23 Sam Reinhart

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 56 Justin Bailey

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

Mark Pysyk – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – 25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goalies:

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

Power Play

First Unit
Catenacci-Eichel-Reinhart-McGinn-Ristolainen

Second Unit
Kane-Moulson-Gionta-Bogosian-Pysyk

20151012-Eichel-Goal.jpg

Good pre-game write up!  It will be interesting to see how Tort's gets his team motivated in the battle of stay at home in your basement teams.  Go Sabres!

O'Reilly is out ?

Flu-like symptoms.  In his post practice presser Bylsma stated he would travel and be ready for the game. 

ROR binge-watched Better Call Saul through the night to get caught up, then finished the first episode of this season at dawn yesterday. Buuuuuut... he had asked DD's permission to miss the practice. Of course it was granted. Flu was just the cover story.

Of course he was.

#Racism

listening to hockey hotline...they just said Foligno took a stick to the face at practice just now and headed to the locker room. Reports are saying they were picking teeth up off the ice afterwards.

That sounds so, incredibly painful.

Wonder if he'll play tonight. I can't imagine getting drilled into the boards after getting my face bashed in.

listening to hockey hotline...they just said Foligno took a stick to the face at practice just now and headed to the locker room. Reports are saying they were picking teeth up off the ice afterwards.

Wonder if he'll play tonight. I can't imagine getting drilled into the boards after getting my face bashed in.

What??? He's a hockey player. Of course he plays tonight. He likely would have missed two shifts in a game. And he wears a visor for protection anyway to protect his important parts.  

Can't be too bad, I think he had only 4 originals left anyway!!!! :w00t:

What??? He's a hockey player. Of course he plays tonight. He likely would have missed two shifts in a game. And he wears a visor for protection anyway to protect his important parts.  

I guess Marcus is tougher than I will ever be. If I were to have several teeth removed in a similarly violent fashion I promise you I'd wouldn't move from my bed for several days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.