GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

Let's hope.

The demands of each medium are distinct enough that they should be split.

Rick is still the brand, so I'd think he has to go on TV, not return to his roots. That creates an awkward situation in the playoffs when games go radio only. Guys like Bob Miller in LA and Pat Foley in Chicago were on the outside looking in when the final rolled around.

On a negative note, it has been a long time since O'Reilly has scored.

Kinda in keeping with my "he's going to be a great third line center on a SC team" thesis.

Team's don't have guys who are 21st overall in league scoring on their third lines, though. Not even really on the second line often, either. If ROR is our third line center, things would be looking exceptionally good for us.

No wonder Lehner can't sell his house in Kanata. Plenty of walk-throughs, but everyone thinks he had a cat. No idea what that means.

He's the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts next term?

I've been trying to make this point all along , but he still has a lot to prove.   He will have his bad moments still, but man he is got the fire within to win.

He is now getting the fan base behind him, seems more murray knew what he was doing :D

Acquiring ROR and McGinn, Lehner and Legwand for a pick, Kane for Myers (what that trade boiled down to), Fasching from the Kings; Murray is more and more building a pretty strong resume as our GM.

Am I the only one suprised to see Reinhart leading the team goals, at this point? Always had him figured for more of a setup guy. An added bonus, to be sure.

Reinhart is more of a set-up guy, but as we can see, his scoring touch in vastly underrated. One of the top rookies in goal scoring, pretty impressive.

On McGinn's 2nd goal, so glad Eichel threw the puck to Girgensons on the near side. Goalie was expecting the wrap around. Do that a couple more times then they'll have to play him honestly, the wrap around will be even more effective.

Somewhere on here a week or three ago a poster was complaining that Jack kept trying to wrap-around. This is exactly it. Teams know he can score on the wrap so they have to guard against it, so that opens up other plays. Like running the football to set up play-action.

Marmite or Vegemite?

More importantly, is there a regional pancake recipe you can make into a video tutorial? (thanks again MODO, I really have to try it out)

In the spirit of a Gordie Howe hat trick, can we say last night was a Robin Lehner hat trick? He got a shutout, a scrap and 1st star.

A fight, a penalty and a shut out.

Gotta be something else that works for that, because w/ the 1st set of 3 if you get the 1st 2, you almost HAVE to get the 3rd. And in the 2nd set, there is no way you can get the 1st w/out getting the 2nd. Kind of like if you get 3 assists you by definition have at leadt 3 points.

I'm thinking it has to be something more akin to a (likely to this point imaginary) Ron Hextall hat trick - a shutout, a skirmish, & a point (would've gone w/ a goal for the 3rd, but only ~8 goalies have 1 so an assist should count IMHO).

Curses, Taro, that's more or less what I was going to suggest. A point, a shutout, and a penalty (probably limited to a penalty for roughing or a fight).

Somewhere on here a week or three ago a poster was complaining that Jack kept trying to wrap-around. This is exactly it. Teams know he can score on the wrap so they have to guard against it, so that opens up other plays. Like running the football to set up play-action.   More importantly, is there a regional pancake recipe you can make into a video tutorial? (thanks again MODO, I really have to try it out)  Curses, Taro, that's more or less what I was going to suggest. A point, a shutout, and a penalty (probably limited to a penalty for roughing or a fight).

:lol:

You have any idea how many times I showed up here late and saw TB, WBoP, or 11 say exactly ( well, kind of, the thought was the same, but their expression ws FAR more succinct) what I thought? (Won't even go into how often I wished I'd thought what X expressed. ;))

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.