GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

Team officially passed last year's point total in 23 fewer games.

Don't look now but we've passed last years total and we're 9-6-3 in the 2nd half of this season

Eichel's got 41 points. Reinhart is leading our team in goals, ROR is on pace to be our highest scorer in years, Kane is an impact player, Ristolainen is one of the league's most promising young D, and Lehner is insane. Lots of work still to do, but things are looking good.

And we are coming together as a team. Good win.

I know since the trade I've been thinking "What if Lehner wasn't worth a first?". But man, what if he IS worth a first. The guy has been more than solid since getting here.

If he wasn't worth it then you pulled the trigger and missed. That's life right? If you win then, feck, eh? You look like a genius. Gmtm doesn't need to be genius. He just needs to make mostly good moves. We are on the right track. Yep.

His spirit animal isn't just a bear, it's a grizzly bear.

He's a cross between a grizzly & a polar bear. He's got the size of the polar bear & the temperament of the grizzly. Pretty sure that's a good thing. ;)

Keep working him and have him back to 100% & in game shape for October.

In case nobody noticed:  The Sabres have gelled.

You know, that's a great point.  I think GMTM has a much better idea on how to build a team with chemistry than Darcy ever did.  A team has to be greater than the sum of its parts, and I think we're finally getting there.  Plus, our goalie is crazy.  Finally, a quality goalie that reflects our community!

Edited by Tondas

Hell of a shift by Gionta there.

Good to see Eichel's clavical pass its first real test.

I told ya, McDavid is the only one with brittle bones. And may they continue to be kindling!

Reinhart is just mad with the setup skilz.

I call them Sixth Sends.

They're calling him Sam Bennett (twice) on the CBJ broadcast.

Hilariously as the final seconds ticked off and (clearly) the Sabres fans in the joint whooped it up, pbp douchebag said the Jackets fans were standing and saluting their team. They were standing, I'm sure. Getting up and starting to leave. So funny.

I really think Dunleavy will come into his own once RJ retires.

I told ya. RJ will never retire. I believe I called that one.

Look at Johnson backing down from Lehner. What a loser

He disappeared into the crowd like he was a terrorist on the streets of Karachi on Homeland. <shoot that sentence

Ok,I am legitimately falling in love with the Norwegian Nightmare!

Tonight, I dub him Lennie.

What? This guy?  Looks pretty calm to me.

photo-1361.jpg?_r=1454815529

They better check his thyroid. Wait, what am I saying?! Leave that gland alone!!!

That was an entertaining game. I would say this is probably the game you can point to and say Lehner definitively became our number one.

Rough analogy: the night Kelley decided to christen Hasek the Dominator?

I thought I would be saying this at this point in the season but, I'm actually looking forward  to seeing Sunday's Pens game.

I'm glad to see this team pull together.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Let's not get carried away now....

....yeah, me too!

Damn, a goaltender with a personity and character. How long before the league and coaches try to neuter him?

Oh c'mon, Negative JJ, think positive thoughts...sunshine is bright, puppies are cute, goalies are tough and refs are all mutes...Lehner could be our new John Scott.. after all..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.