Justin Bailey texted/called/recalled/homing pigeoned/DMd by the Sabres

Hoss

So, now that we have this recall thing totally straightened out...

I'm very much looking forward to Bailey on the Sabres. Hopefully we get to see him for a few games and he gets more than 6 minutes per night. I look forward to posting Metroid pictures every time he does something good/bad/memorable. 

The son they always wanted?

Shots fired!

Blue cheese everywhere!

Oh, man. So good.

Did the actually call him or message him? Maybe they "messaged him up"?

Nice. 

I suspect it's the AHL coach who advises the youngster of the ... call.

Well, the AHL coach, or Battista.

According to the Sabres roster, Justin Bailey will wear Ken Priestlay and Steve Bernier's No. 56.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Somebody take a slapshot in the general direction of Rip Simonick or whoever the hell does this. Let him wear what he wants (which would probably be 95).

According to the Sabres roster, Justin Bailey will wear Ken Priestlay and Steve Bernier's No. 56.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Somebody take a slapshot in the general direction of Rip Simonick or whoever the hell does this. Let him wear what he wants (which would probably be 95).

He definitely wants 95.

Agreed on Rip.  The guy has worked his ass off for the last eight or ten years to get here.

He definitely wants 95.

Agreed on Rip.  The guy has worked his ass off for the last eight or ten years to get here.

Exactly. I'm still always about letting the players have what they want on the equipment end (within the rules). Some players feel most comfortable in a certain number or will feel most comfortable in a number they're allowed to pick. On top of that most guys will pick numbers that are far more visually appealing than 56.

He wore 56 in camp so I would've guessed 56 anyways.

Okay, then.

He definitely wants 95.

Why not hold to a tradition that you get your number when you make the squad on a regular basis?

Exactly. I'm still always about letting the players have what they want on the equipment end (within the rules). Some players feel most comfortable in a certain number or will feel most comfortable in a number they're allowed to pick. On top of that most guys will pick numbers that are far more visually appealing than 56.

I see. Immediate gratification.

Okay, then.

Why not hold to a tradition that you get your number when you make the squad on a regular basis?

I see. Immediate gratification.

I'm not sure when that became a tradition.  I can think of guys in recent memory who got to wear what they wanted as soon as they were called up.  Biron comes to mind.  (Then the league outlawed his number, but whatever.)  Same with Pominville and that group, IIRC.

This comes up often enough that you've developed a consistent position?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.