Justin Bailey texted/called/recalled/homing pigeoned/DMd by the Sabres

Hoss

So what happens now?  Send him back to Rochester until one of Larsson / McGinn is traded?

They only have 23 healthy guys up (assuming Catenacci is on IR, if not, like Emily used to say "nevermind"), so I'd guess he stays up until they're back home from C-bus. But I'd expect he's the healthy scratch Friday unfortunately. After that, he probably goes back until the next road trip. No idea who they bring up then.

If Catenacci is healthy, I'd rather see him sent down than Bailey.

They only have 23 healthy guys up (assuming Catenacci is on IR, if not, like Emily used to say "nevermind"), so I'd guess he stays up until they're back home from C-bus. But I'd expect he's the healthy scratch Friday unfortunately. After that, he probably goes back until the next road trip. No idea who they bring up then.

If Catenacci is healthy, I'd rather see him sent down than Bailey.

Agreed on Catenacci, but I'd rather see Bailey play in Rochester than watch in Columbus.

Agreed on Catenacci, but I'd rather see Bailey play in Rochester than watch in Columbus.

True, it would be better for him to be playing, but after watching the 7D debacle there is no way they don't have a spare forward Friday. Amerks don't play until Friday, let the kid earn some spending money through Friday. Then have him drive to Syracuse on Saturday.

So what happens now?  Send him back to Rochester until one of Larsson / McGinn is traded?

I'd like to see him finish the year in Roch.  He's had a nice taste and showed some promise.  Keep his development going down on the year and don't burn a year of his ELC IMO.

I'd like to see him finish the year in Roch. He's had a nice taste and showed some promise. Keep his development going down on the year and don't burn a year of his ELC IMO.

This is the most reasonable option to me. He was just starting to come on. He has seen what he needs to see.

Giggidy. I said seen.

Edited by iTInSn

I'd like to see him finish the year in Roch.  He's had a nice taste and showed some promise.  Keep his development going down on the year and don't burn a year of his ELC IMO.

He's on yr 1 of his contract whether he's in Roch or Buffalo, no?

Probably belongs in Roch right now.  If McGinn ends up traded, he's my 1st choice for a call up tho.

He's on yr 1 of his contract whether he's in Roch or Buffalo, no?

Probably belongs in Roch right now.  If McGinn ends up traded, he's my 1st choice for a call up tho.

I thought it would be move back one more year if he doesn't play the 10 NHL games.  I could be wrong on that. 

Either way, I agree that he belongs in Roch.

I thought it would be move back one more year if he doesn't play the 10 NHL games.  I could be wrong on that. 

Either way, I agree that he belongs in Roch.

You are thinking of juniors. If he gets sent to juniors before playing 9 pro games we save a year of his contract.  He's not eligible for juniors, his EL contract clock is ticking. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.