Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Yes. They all should go, and Jimbo or someone else reputable should advise on hiring the new GM and coach.

Why advise though? Why not give that person the power to make the decision? What's the opposite of fear and envy of the rich? Why assume they are smart people who are qualified to make this decision? They simply are not. They have proven it, in two franchises. They are merely fans. Now, if you have no problem with me or DeLuca making such a decision, then fine, at least you're consistent. I have a feeling you wouldn't want any of the fans on this board making hiring decisions for either franchise. Yes, yes, I understand they own the team and have "earned" the right to do what they want. But if they do love these teams, they should do the most logical thing. I think they have to realize that they can see their teams have success without their direct involvement or they can continue to be directly involved and get the same results. Can owners grow into roles? Sure. Ilitch in Detroit is a good example. But right off the hop he cleaned house and brought in Jimmy Devellano. Is Pegula another Ilitch? Is he another Rooney? Can you honestly say you see signs of this in the man? Or in Kim? No shame in it. They should set the mission, step back, write the checks and evaluate the men or women they've hired to run things for them. It's just that simple and I will take this opinion to my grave.

Yes. They all should go, and Jimbo or someone else reputable should advise on hiring the new GM and coach.

Have you managed to come to your senses on Tyrod? :)

Why advise though? Why not give that person the power to make the decision? What's the opposite of fear and envy of the rich? Why assume they are smart people who are qualified to make this decision? They simply are not. They have proven it, in two franchises. They are merely fans. Now, if you have no problem with me or DeLuca making such a decision, then fine, at least you're consistent. I have a feeling you wouldn't want any of the fans on this board making hiring decisions for either franchise. Yes, yes, I understand they own the team and have "earned" the right to do what they want. But if they do love these teams, they should do the most logical thing. I think they have to realize that they can see their teams have success without their direct involvement or they can continue to be directly involved and get the same results. Can owners grow into roles? Sure. Ilitch in Detroit is a good example. But right off the hop he cleaned house and brought in Jimmy Devellano. Is Pegula another Ilitch? Is he another Rooney? Can you honestly say you see signs of this in the man? Or in Kim? No shame in it. They should set the mission, step back, write the checks and evaluate the men or women they've hired to run things for them. It's just that simple and I will take this opinion to my grave.

1) Hit enter. Please. I beg you.

2) I am continually perplexed by how you don't trust the Pegulas to do the hiring, but you trust them to hire the person to do the hiring.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

What a douche.

And hack.

Hey! Oh.

2) I am continually perplexed by how you don't trust the Pegulas to do the hiring, but you trust them to hire the person to do the hiring.

I do believe owners have certain rights and responsibilities. Besides, I mean, it has to start somewhere, right? Even if they pick someone else to hire the person to do the hiring, they've hired that first person. And of course they get to fire the team president. I'd even let the owners get involved in personnel decisions in extraordinary situations. Some scumbag player beats his wife, I think the owner should be able to force the GM to get rid of the guy. Eichel becomes legend, a superstar, leads us to Cups, and some GM wants to trade him... the owner should be able to say no, sorry, we're just not doing that.

I don't think it's realistic for the owner not to retain final say in hiring a new president/GM (what if, e.g., Jim Kelly was the new PLF and he started lobbying for his HS coach from East Brady, PA to take over?).

The real question is:  will the PLF/adviser's recommendations be followed?  

We can't know for sure, but it seemed like GMTM was PLF's choice -- and if that's true, we probably don't need to be that concerned about TP going off the reservation on the hire. 

My fear is that TP allows RB and DW to fire Rex without showing them the door as well.

I think Tim Graham nails it here:  http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/11/blame-runs-deep-bills-failings-fall-feet-rex-ryans/

As for this board running things:  I lobbied a number of times for a supervisory board made up of posters here to take over from Darcy during his last misbegotten few years here.

Have you managed to come to your senses on Tyrod? :)

1) Hit enter. Please. I beg you.

I am not done with TT.  He looked lousy today but I would like to see him with a good coach, a quality group of receivers and a non-toxic situation.  I also believe the Bills have a better chance at making the playoffs next year with TT than with Cardale Jones at QB. 

Also, and perhaps most importantly, I read today that if the Bills pick up the option on TT for next year, they are only committed to him for $3MM for the following year -- so it's effectively another 1-year option on him.  If that is correct, then I don't think there are going to be many QB options for them for next year that are going to be better than TT.  If they can get Philip Rivers?  Sure, go ahead.  But if it's another Fitz or Orton, I'd rather have TT.

And what a brutal burn on PA.  How can you live with yourself?  He must be shattered.

I feel like Romo was decidedly great when the injuries started happening. I remember hearing his name in MVP talks all of 2014

The problem with Romo is that he was never as good as he thought he was.  He fancied himself the next Brett Favre.  He's never been that good. 

So who wants to take bets on how long the playoff drought. It will soon be 17 years once we're officially eliminated. I'll set the over/under at 21 years.

If/when Rex is fired, the next coach will bring in his own guys, which will mean two more years of transition so two more years of not making the playoffs.

If Whaley is fired too, he's going to want a whole new roster so we're talking three years minimum.

Either way, the chances are high it reaches two decades. A real shame they're going to waste a kick as running game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.