Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The problem with Romo is that he was never as good as he thought he was. He fancied himself the next Brett Favre. He's never been that good.

So he isn't a top 5 QB of all time? :Lol:

Sign me up for Whaley, Frank Reich, Romo to Denver, and trading for Siemian

Edited by WildCard

I am not done with TT. He looked lousy today but I would like to see him with a good coach, a quality group of receivers and a non-toxic situation. I also believe the Bills have a better chance at making the playoffs next year with TT than with Cardale Jones at QB.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, I read today that if the Bills pick up the option on TT for next year, they are only committed to him for $3MM for the following year -- so it's effectively another 1-year option on him. If that is correct, then I don't think there are going to be many QB options for them for next year that are going to be better than TT. If they can get Philip Rivers? Sure, go ahead. But if it's another Fitz or Orton, I'd rather have TT.

And what a brutal burn on PA. How can you live with yourself? He must be shattered.

The Tyrod numbers you cite are not accurate according to Spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/breaking-down-the-numbers-for-tyrod-taylors-option-619/

TLDR: If the Bills pick up the option and after next season decide he's not the guy, he carries a 2018 cap hit just shy of $18 million if cut, and a 2019 cap hit of just under $11 million if we cut him two years from now.

Bottom line is if we're picking up the option, we're committing to him for at least two years, and probably 3.

No juicy gossip today, no crazy firings or anything.... Damn

It's boring, sure, but is there any really compelling reason to can anyone before the season ends? Not like this thing is salvageable.

The Tyrod numbers you cite are not accurate according to Spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/breaking-down-the-numbers-for-tyrod-taylors-option-619/

TLDR: If the Bills pick up the option and after next season decide he's not the guy, he carries a 2018 cap hit just shy of $18 million if cut, and a 2019 cap hit of just under $11 million if we cut him two years from now.

Bottom line is if we're picking up the option, we're committing to him for at least two years, and probably 3.

It's boring, sure, but is there any really compelling reason to can anyone before the season ends? Not like this thing is salvageable.

No compelling reason at all, just would be personally exciting, which would be more exciting than most of the games this year.

Poster on TBD says WGR reported Pegula doesn't like firing before 3 seasons and Whaley wants EJ to start

I think Pegula is right in general, but man, there's just not much to really hang your hat on here. If the defense was strong and the offense bad, we could just point to "Rex needs a QB" and go from there. But the defense has been poor for two years now, and that's supposed to be his bread and butter. His idea to fix it was bring in his brother, who has presided over bottom-five defenses every stop of his career.

Rex was my guy and I've defended him a ton in this thread, but it really is looking more and more like the league has passed him by. If his defenses are going to be bad, there is no compelling reason for him to be HC because he doesn't bring value added to any other area.

No compelling reason at all, just would be personally exciting, which would be more exciting than most of the games this year.

It's sad because it's true :(

If it makes you feel any better, the EJ thing was more of "Cardale's simply not ready" than it was "I still believe in EJ!"

Yeah I think this is it. Cardale is not remotely ready for the limelight. Personally I stick with Taylor and get as much of a feel for him as possible before you make your decision. I think he's shown he is what he is, but who knows, might as well have 3 more games to see I guess

I think Pegula is right in general, but man, there's just not much to really hang your hat on here. If the defense was strong and the offense bad, we could just point to "Rex needs a QB" and go from there. But the defense has been poor for two years now, and that's supposed to be his bread and butter. His idea to fix it was bring in his brother, who has presided over bottom-five defenses every stop of his career.

Rex was my guy and I've defended him a ton in this thread, but it really is looking more and more like the league has passed him by. If his defenses are going to be bad, there is no compelling reason for him to be HC because he doesn't bring value added to any other area.

It's sad because it's true :(

Exactly. Losing 17-10 is completely, well, rationale for me given the roster and coach. But when we're breaking franchise records for suckitude and are consistently steam rolled, well now I'm off the Rex wagon. Give me some Frank Reich baby

Yeah I think this is it. Cardale is not remotely ready for the limelight. Personally I stick with Taylor and get as much of a feel for him as possible before you make your decision. I think he's shown he is what he is, but who knows, might as well have 3 more games to see I guess

I would agree in a normal situation, but if Tyrod gets hurt and that injury lingers through to the next league year (summer 2017) then we lose the decision point on the really expensive option year next year.

Not worth the risk. IMO 

Part of the WGR report was Tyrod's contact has some form of injury guarantee for around $30 million (I don't remember the exact details off the top of my head). So yea, time to bench him.

Surprisingly that does make me feel better. So more of a "we can't start TT because if he gets hurt we're screwed" type of move?

Why are they screwed if he gets hurt?

Part of the WGR report was Tyrod's contact has some form of injury guarantee for around $30 million (I don't remember the exact details off the top of my head). So yea, time to bench him.

No wonder that clown scrambles out of good pockets whenever he gets the chance :D

Ugh.  If that's true, it makes it very difficult to keep him.

Hopefully there will be a new team president and GM in place to make the call.

Ugh.  If that's true, it makes it very difficult to keep him.

Hopefully there will be a new team president and GM in place to make the call.

They'll probably give him the option to either re-negotiate his contract and stick around to compete for the starting job next season... or he'll be let go.

IMO, he'll renegotiate his deal and stick around.

I don't think it's realistic for the owner not to retain final say in hiring a new president/GM (what if, e.g., Jim Kelly was the new PLF and he started lobbying for his HS coach from East Brady, PA to take over?).

The real question is:  will the PLF/adviser's recommendations be followed?  

We can't know for sure, but it seemed like GMTM was PLF's choice -- and if that's true, we probably don't need to be that concerned about TP going off the reservation on the hire. 

My fear is that TP allows RB and DW to fire Rex without showing them the door as well.

I think Tim Graham nails it here:  http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/11/blame-runs-deep-bills-failings-fall-feet-rex-ryans/

As for this board running things:  I lobbied a number of times for a supervisory board made up of posters here to take over from Darcy during his last misbegotten few years here.

You're going to have to reconcile Ryan reporting to Pegula and not Whaley. If there's dysfunction in the organeyezation, is it any wonder? Not to mention the spectacle of the owner meeting with players after Week 2. Organizational dysfunction seems to be the Pegulas' calling card. Maybe flat management structure isn't all it's cracked up to be, in sports anyway.

Yes, it's Frank Drebin

There's nothing to see here!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.