Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Tyrod Taylor with 208 net yards passing in a do or die game for Buffalo.   Steeler's Le'Veon Bell with 236 yards rushing.   And the allegedly mobile Taylor sacked 5 times, and statue like Big Ben not sacked a single time.    Unbelievable!!!

These stats show significant deficiencies in both the offensive and defensive lines.   This team has definitely gone backwards from the Marrone Era, and the defense is awful compared to where Jim Schwartz had it.   They cannot defend the run at all.  Doubling down on Ryans by bringing in Ryan's corpulent wildman from Borneo-looking brother really helped that defense, didn't it?  LOL  

Y'know, I used to think Ryan Fitzpatrick was Captain Checkdown - but OMG - Tyrod Taylor is 30th in the league in passing yards per game with a squalid 194 yards, even worse than Fitzpatrick.  And 27th in yards per attempt.    

Yeah, Russ Brandon & Co. found Quarterback GOLD just sitting on that Ravens' bench, ripe for the picking,  didn't they?  Why do they think that strategy's gonna work?  Brohm, Fitzpatrick, and now Tie-Rod for starting QBs?     :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:   

I'm almost glad I don't live in the Buffalo Market any more - I can only receive 2 or 3 Bills games per season now;  nothing about this team that would make me purchase the NFL pack.

Bills scout gives an inside look.........

Louis C.K. says guys can't use the word "wonderful." The hell I can't. Wonderful. That type of video is hard to do really well, but the creator nailed it. Nailed it.

I'm 54 and I'm spry enough to do that.  Not st00pid enough thank God, but spry enough.

Spry is not a word that should kick in until you're 70, IMHO.

Some levity to brighten up the thread:

And in case you missed it, this video of a Bills fan breaking his leg has been making the Facebook rounds today.

Levity? Are you serious? Is that the creek where a fan drowned? This is a real eye-opener to me because I haven't been to a Bills game since the early 2000s. The behavior is a disgrace and I'm not sure what it says about an organization that condones it, except that it has earned its record. Something about karma, maybe. And this is OK because? They're paying customers? And once inside they are further lubricated, to the Pegulas' financial benefit. And then they leave and kill people. Literally. As these videos demonstrate, it's never the idiots who get hurt.

Louis C.K. says guys can't use the word "wonderful." The hell I can't. Wonderful. That type of video is hard to do really well, but the creator nailed it. Nailed it.

Levity? Are you serious? Is that the creek where a fan drowned? This is a real eye-opener to me because I haven't been to a Bills game since the early 2000s. The behavior is a disgrace and I'm not sure what it says about an organization that condones it, except that it has earned its record. Something about karma, maybe. And this is OK because? They're paying customers? And once inside they are further lubricated, to the Pegulas' financial benefit. And then they leave and kill people. Literally. As these videos demonstrate, it's never the idiots who get hurt.

PA, that's the first that you've seen one of those videos? Deadspin has been doing one for the past 2 or 3 years, showing off just how truly white trash the Bills fan base is. The next one will be out in a couple of weeks with updated wrestling moves, all new drugs, and fans each other in parking lots.

I think it's funny. Sure beats the morgue that is the KeyBank Center, anyway.

Miss the aud for the noise. Used to be able hear the puck and boards.

Totally agree here. The lot off of California which backed up to the stadium was fantastic until that happened with that guy. It's scary out there

PA, that's the first that you've seen one of those videos? Deadspin has been doing one for the past 2 or 3 years, showing off just how truly white trash the Bills fan base is. The next one will be out in a couple of weeks with updated wrestling moves, all new drugs, and fans ###### each other in parking lots.

Snatching?

I've probably seen a few "one-off" videos. I didn't know it was organized mayhem out there. I went to several games a year from the mid 70s to the early 2000s and never saw anything worse than inebriated guys being loud and obnoxious and maybe peeing against a light post or something. I'll blame the Internet. I don't think much of that stuff would happen without someone recording for YouTube.

I think it's funny. Sure beats the morgue that is the KeyBank Center, anyway.

Thanks for mentioning that. That stuff would never be tolerated out in alumni plaza. Why? Same owner.

Never understood the shame of those videos I love them. People are having fun despite a crap franchise, it's awesome

You don't think any line is being crossed there? It looks like one guy could have easily snapped the neck of the other guy. Is attempted manslaughter funny? Maybe one of our legal eagles can chime in as to the liability the Bills would face if (when?) someone is killed out there.

Snatching?

I've probably seen a few "one-off" videos. I didn't know it was organized mayhem out there. I went to several games a year from the mid 70s to the early 2000s and never saw anything worse than inebriated guys being loud and obnoxious and maybe peeing against a light post or something. I'll blame the Internet. I don't think much of that stuff would happen without someone recording for YouTube.

Thanks for mentioning that. That stuff would never be tolerated out in alumni plaza. Why? Same owner.

The worst we ever did was pee along a tree in the woods. we brought a six pack of beer and a turkey sub. No tables for smashing either. Edited by Jacque Richard

Snatching?

Inebriated guys being loud and obnoxious is about all you see now as well, 3 people out of 70,000 is now relevant however due to the internet. 

Edited by Lanny

PA, that's the first that you've seen one of those videos? Deadspin has been doing one for the past 2 or 3 years, showing off just how truly white trash the Bills fan base is. The next one will be out in a couple of weeks with updated wrestling moves, all new drugs, and fans ###### each other in parking lots.

The team hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years now. Tailgating is the best part about Bills games. Sometimes you've gotta let the inmates run the asylum and Darwin run its course. Think of it as passive eugenics. The kid who breaks his neck trying to be the Macho Man Randy Savage won't grow up to further dumb down the collective gene pool.

My brother has been tailgating in a lot on Big Tree for years and this kind of stuff simply is not tolerated there.  I think the majority of this nonsense happens in private lots and that's on the owner of the property for allowing it.  We do pee in the creek, have a few beers, maybe a stogie or two and play loud hard rock music, but that's about it.  We also vote for a tailgate/game MVP as well and this week we had co MVP's: It went to the two guys who took part fully in all the tailgate festivities, then quietly hung back when it was time to walk in to the game and instead went home.  In other words, the only two guys with a lick of sense. 

Edited by Claude_Verret

After a few years of not buying the NFL Sunday Ticket, I was seduced by Rex's bravado and bought it both last year and, after some hesitation, this year.

If Brandon, Whaley and Rex are not gone after this season, I'm out again (still keeping my tickets though).

So I'm assuming this is more about not wanting to watch them 16 times than it is sending a message to the organization.

Inebriated guys being loud and obnoxious is about all you see now as well, 3 people out of 70,000 is now relevant however due to the internet. 

Something to think about. Thanks. Do you think it's only 3 though? And does it have to be 30 or 300 to be concerned about it?

I'm not advocating that at all. But that isn't related to the clip at all

How do you think they get home?

Something to think about. Thanks. Do you think it's only 3 though? And does it have to be 30 or 300 to be concerned about it?

Just like I do, a DD or a party bus. I'm not saying there aren't drunk drivers, but that occurs at any large event like that, it's not uniquely a Bills experience

Had the same conversation recently. I think the ratio of obliterated dangerous idiots at the stadium is generally about 1/4 or 1/2 of 1%. So, .0025 or .005. Which is pretty small. 

However, spread over a crowd of 70,000, that's a lot of people. Several hundred (~200-300, give or take). 

I went to a Christmas party this past weekend. It was generally a great time - fun vibes. But, toward the end of our visit, there at least 3 couples there where both individuals were blotto-gonzo (and clearly had no plan on how to get home other than driving themselves). As I sipped my cranberry and soda, I lost just about all of my good cheer. Not because the drunkards were being obnoxious (although some of them were), but because I had to reflect on the fact that they were going to be out on the roads in a few short hours. We left early, partly in an effort to avoid being on the roads with them.

Had the same conversation recently. I think the ratio of obliterated dangerous idiots at the stadium is generally about 1/4 or 1/2 of 1%. So, .0025 or .005. Which is pretty small. 

However, spread over a crowd of 70,000, that's a lot of people. Several hundred (~200-300, give or take). 

OK, fine. That's close to Nobel Prize territory. But how is the West's record vs. the East not a mirror image of the East's record vs. the West? Huh, smarty pants?

Just like I do, a DD or a party bus. I'm not saying there aren't drunk drivers, but that occurs at any large event like that, it's not uniquely a Bills experience

So irresponsible people tend to act responsibly?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.