Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

So irresponsible people tend to act responsibly?

Drinking is irresponsible?

Drinking to excess and making a nuisance (or worse) of yourself in a public setting is.

OK, fine. That's close to Nobel Prize territory. But how is the West's record vs. the East not a mirror image of the East's record vs. the West? Huh, smarty pants?

I'm pretty sure I don't get the joke - but ha! just the same.

The additional trick for me has been that there are - what - how many sections in the stadium? Are there 100? Let's discount the swankier seats. Maybe there are 60-75 total sections from which to choose when I go to buy tickets? If you take 300 asshat clowns who have had way too much to drink, you're trying to defy the odds not to have one (or more) of them in your section. If you're lucky, they're 6 rows down and to your left. My luck has seemed to involve them always being a few rows behind me -- and I would just sit there, waiting for them to fall on me.

Louis C.K. says guys can't use the word "wonderful." The hell I can't. Wonderful. That type of video is hard to do really well, but the creator nailed it. Nailed it.

Spry is not a word that should kick in until you're 70, IMHO.

Levity? Are you serious? Is that the creek where a fan drowned? This is a real eye-opener to me because I haven't been to a Bills game since the early 2000s. The behavior is a disgrace and I'm not sure what it says about an organization that condones it, except that it has earned its record. Something about karma, maybe. And this is OK because? They're paying customers? And once inside they are further lubricated, to the Pegulas' financial benefit. And then they leave and kill people. Literally. As these videos demonstrate, it's never the idiots who get hurt.

s1200_Lighten_Up_Francis.jpg

As far as "it's never the idiots that get hurt," you didn't click on the hypertext link after the Youtube video did you?  Because the idiot broke his freakin' leg.

Just like I do, a DD or a party bus. I'm not saying there aren't drunk drivers, but that occurs at any large event like that, it's not uniquely a Bills experience

You ride home with Disco Dan Bylsma?  KEWL.

I caught hell on FB too:  I posted the video with the caption of "If you think I'm crazy, bear in mind this passes for normal where I come from."  My sis-in-law read me the riot act for calling that normal.  So PA, you're not alone.  :P

Edited by Doohickie

So I'm assuming this is more about not wanting to watch them 16 times than it is sending a message to the organization.

Correct, although I might add that there are about a million better uses for the $250 Sunday Ticket price tag than the privilege of watching them 16 times.

Never understood the shame of those videos I love them. People are having fun despite a crap franchise, it's awesome

It was going on when the franchise was awesome in the late 80s - early 90s ... and the behavior was just as bad and just as fun. Nothing's changed other than stricter DUI laws.

"Ah-hee! Ah-hee! Aaaaah-hee!"

You know what? Once upon a time, this franchise was actually reasonably successful with the QB position. The first 37 years of its existence featured a nearly continuous chain of Kemp --- Ferguson --- Kelly. But since the 1983 Kelly draft selection, the Bills have gone on to use just 5 1st or 2nd round draft resources on the QB position: Collins, RJ, Bledsoe, Losman, and Manuel. Meanwhile, in that time span they used 7 on RB's, 11 on WR's, and a whopping 16 on DB's.

I haven't done a similar draft history comparison with other NFL teams. But looking around the league, you see that about 75% of teams have starting QB's who were drafted within the first 36 picks, about 50% were drafted within the first 4 picks, and about 25% were drafted 1st overall. The non-garbage outliers are Brady, Wilson, Prescott, and Cousins. Brady is Brady, Wilson has had the career benefit of an outstanding run game and one of the greatest defenses of all time to support him, the Cowboys have Elliott and the best OL in football, and Cousins is merely kind of average.

So if the Bills insist on being among the exceptions to the league rule by sticking with Taylor for another year, then at least do the following:

1. Build a top 5 defense again, starting with the safeties.

2. Find a quality RT.

3. Find a quality WR opposite Watkins.

4. Ask Taylor to take a substantial salary reduction so to help address the aforementioned.

5. Draft a quality QB no later than the first two rounds of the 2018 draft, especially if Jones doesn't show substantial improvement next season.

Of course with this current regime, I have very little faith that Rex Ryan can do #1 and Whaley can do #5...

Edited by FuhrFury

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.