Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The team with perhaps the worst excessive drinking tailgate culture playing the team with a now starting QB who uses a horrible method/schtick to push his social justice agenda. What could go wrong?

Horrible? I thought people would be thankful he's not protesting in the streets cause they seem to think that's horrible too

What would an acceptable method of protest be for a football player? Honest question.

I just mean, half of my section at any sporting event I go to stays seated, eating their nachos or whatever. It's practically nothing. The NFL only started asking players to stand a few years ago. That's just a strong term to describe what I see as not doing all that much

Edited by Randall Flagg

Horrible? I thought people would be thankful he's not protesting in the streets cause they seem to think that's horrible too

What would an acceptable method of protest be for a football player? Honest question.

Horrible in terms of it being a productive way to bring about a national discussion on race and the police as is his stated motive.  

Doing anything that is viewed as disrespectful to the flag is never going to get people talking about the issue you care about in a constructive way, but it will certainly get people talking about not respecting the flag.

Horrible in terms of it being a productive way to bring about a national discussion on race and the police as is his stated motive.

Doing anything that is viewed as disrespectful to the flag is never going to get people talking about the issue you care about in a constructive way, but it will certainly get people talking about not respecting the flag.

Gotcha, makes sense considering some people in my family and the way they talked about it while I was home on break

Except it has created a very large discussion. And a ton of other players have joined. It's been extremely effective and productive. Hardly horrible. Kaep's jersey sales have skyrocketed (all of which are going to a charity that promotes justice), the 49ers donated $1 million and other players are making donations. It hasn't just started a discussing, it has promoted action.

Kaepernick gets two thumbs up here.

Except it has created a very large discussion. And a ton of other players have joined. It's been extremely effective and productive. Hardly horrible. Kaep's jersey sales have skyrocketed (all of which are going to a charity that promotes justice), the 49ers donated $1 million and other players are making donations. It hasn't just started a discussing, it has promoted action.

Yeah, as far as his aim goes, he pretty much nailed it. It's literally been the only thing on sports media, and the prominent discussion in media and social circles in general, for more than 2 months. Personally, I'm a fan of how he's gone about it

Edited by WildCard

I think it created a TON more discussion about Colin Kaepernick than it did about the BLM movement.

I think it created a TON more discussion about Colin Kaepernick than it did about the BLM movement.

There hasn't been a ton of BLM talk because it's not exclusively about them. If you haven't seen the discussions about race (hell, it spurred a very good discussion here) then you haven't been paying enough attention. There have been a TON of race discussion. Kaep's graphic has been on the screen because that's how sports networks can tie it all in, but they've brought in people they would never consider otherwise to discuss the issues.

Colin Kaepernick was successful and continues to be without a sliver of doubt in my mind.

I think Claude is right.  In the end, Kaepernick has stimulated much more discussion about flags and anthems than he has about violence.

I also think it would be fun if the entire stadium sang the anthem at the top of their lungs every time the Niners had the ball.

I think Claude is right. In the end, Kaepernick has stimulated much more discussion about flags and anthems than he has about violence.

I also think it would be fun if the entire stadium sang the anthem at the top of their lungs every time the Niners had the ball.

I don't mind that discussion either. What is the point of the anthem at sporting events anyways? Edited by WildCard

:huh:

They changed the rule recently to allow for some practice squad spots to be filled with players who have regular season experience. I know this because I just looked it up after having the same reaction you did.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

Edited by Drunkard

If the crowd did that I'd sit down.

The whole point, when the other team has the ball, is for the crowd to mess with the QB, right?  What better way?  He wouldn't be able to hear a thing, too.

I don't mind that discussion either. What is the point of the anthem at sporting events anyways?

You know I've asked that question on here at least half a dozen times.

I don't mind that discussion either. What is the point of the anthem at sporting events anyways?

I'll go further: when did the flag become the exclusive property of veterans and the armed forces? Why is it that when someone kneels, the detractors always bring out the veteran angle and disrespect? I'll echo someone's question above: how does Kaep protest that doesn't just end up being a bunch of people yelling about how he doesn't love America and by extension the military.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.