Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

They changed the rule recently to allow for some practice squad spots to be filled with players who have regular season experience. I know this because I just looked it up after having the same reaction you did.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/3/12773904/nfl-practice-squad-players-roster-rules-eligibility-primer

Thanks. I didn't necessarily doubt that Karlos had P Squad eligibility left -- I'd just thought he was being brought back to Buffalo. I was ready for the Bush-Karlos swap.

I'll go further: when did the flag become the exclusive property of veterans and the armed forces? Why is it that when someone kneels, the detractors always bring out the veteran angle and disrespect? I'll echo someone's question above: how does Kaep protest that doesn't just end up being a bunch of people yelling about how he doesn't love America and by extension the military.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself

I'll go further: when did the flag become the exclusive property of veterans and the armed forces? Why is it that when someone kneels, the detractors always bring out the veteran angle and disrespect? I'll echo someone's question above: how does Kaep protest that doesn't just end up being a bunch of people yelling about how he doesn't love America and by extension the military.

I've never understood this.

I've also never understood "people died for that flag."  No, they didn't.  That completely trivializes their sacrifice.  No one died for a freaking flag.

Anything that doesn't involve what will be widely viewed as disrespecting the anthem/country/flag.  When you involve things that are predominantly held as being sacred within a culture, the yelling and attention is always going to be about your method of protest rather than what you are protesting against. He could be kneeling during the anthem to protest the rise in childhood obesity and he'd still get a firestorm.  

Anything that doesn't involve what will be widely viewed as disrespecting the anthem/country/flag.  When you involve things that are predominantly held as being sacred within a culture, the yelling and attention is always going to be about your method of protest rather than what you are protesting against. He could be kneeling during the anthem to protest the rise in childhood obesity and he'd still get a firestorm.  

The problem I have with this is in some circles any criticism of America provokes this reaction. I won't pretend to know, but my guess a fairly large percent of the people who are complaining now would still be complaining if it didn't involve the flag. I don't think there's a way to say America isn't all it's cracked up to be unless you're a Conservative blaming Liberals for all their problems. That goes doubly if you're a minority complaining about America.

The problem I have with this is in some circles any criticism of America provokes this reaction. I won't pretend to know, but my guess a fairly large percent of the people who are complaining now would still be complaining if it didn't involve the flag. I don't think there's a way to say America isn't all it's cracked up to be unless you're a Conservative blaming Liberals for all their problems. That goes doubly if you're a minority complaining about America.

It's even funnier living down south when half the people who will piss and moan about disrespecting the flag in any way, shape, or form will proudly support the treason flag of the confederacy.

Well now we're screwed.

No, it makes sense.  The whole world wants to see Kaep lose.  Intangibles, baby.  Intangibles.

It's even funnier living down south when half the people who will piss and moan about disrespecting the flag in any way, shape, or form will proudly support the treason flag of the confederacy.

How about Texas, where that crowd still thinks they have the right to secede?

No, it makes sense. The whole world wants to see Kaep lose. Intangibles, baby. Intangibles.

How about Texas, where that crowd still thinks they have the right to secede?

I don't know if they do or not, but I can promise they'll never be allowed to

It's even funnier living down south when half the people who will piss and moan about disrespecting the flag in any way, shape, or form will proudly support the treason flag of the confederacy.

Yeah but displaying the Confederate flag is their right as a freedom of speech, whereas any disrespect towards the flag is just being a dick

/s

Edited by WildCard

I don't know if they do or not, but I can promise they'll never be allowed to

They don't.  There is a whole separationist militia group here called the Republic of Texas.  They actually have support, or at least sympathy, among some of the righter wing state legislators.  But no, they aren't allowed to secede.  And even if they did, their economy would be ruined when the military bases and defense contracts were pulled (I looked it up a while ago and I think it would directly affect about 10% of all Texas jobs and seceding would certainly cripple the state's economy).

No, it makes sense. The whole world wants to see Kaep lose. Intangibles, baby. Intangibles.

If it was anybody but the Bills I would want him to win because America is stupid as .

I've always liked Kaep. He was awesome at his height but he's now a bad QB because the league figured him out quick. Same seems to apply to Taylor except he never hit near the height or length Kaep did.

Ahhh, the Bills.....  We could *start* to be optimistic, but optimism is chastened by painful history.   They started out 5-1 with Dick Jauron, and ended up finishing an ever so typical Dick Jauron era 7-9 record. 

nightmare flashbacks of jauron. I loved when..out of contention for the season--and waay behind in a game he would punt on 4th down from the opposition 40 yd line.

The Bills franchise=(equaled) a mental institution.

Karlos Williams to Steelers practice squad.

Watch him become the next Bettis.

When you have an extremely talented player its worth hanging on to him.

All he has to do is get in shape. Im sure he didn't forget how to play football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.