Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

So a poster at TBD brings up an interesting idea: Alshon Jeffrey is a FA after this season. Thoughts?

Anybody who thought trading two 1sts for a WR when you have no QB is dumb is forbidden from being in favor of backing up the brinks truck for a UFA WR. Forbidden, I say!

He'd be a great addition...don't see how it works money-wise. I also don't think he hits the market.

So a poster at TBD brings up an interesting idea: Alshon Jeffrey is a FA after this season. Thoughts?

Won't matter if Tyrod Taylor doesn't improve. He's just not moving the needle in that direction. Teams still daring him to be a quarterback and he just hasn't been one with any kind of consistency. I'm not fooled by a couple nice plays here and there. His whole body of work has been fair to middling so to this point and often downright poor at times. 

Even if they got a TD the game is only tied 23-23. If the rest of the game plays out they still lose because they don't score another point while we do.

It wouldn't have. They wouldn't have gone for a fake punt. Also, if they don't make it, our offense is pinned and likely gives them amazing field position anyhow. Fisher is an idiot

TT looked good in the first half and lousy in the 2nd IMHO. That game certainly didn't make me want to commit $40MM or whatever it is to him after this year. OTOH, he didn't turn it over, like the other QB did, and he did enough to get out of a road game against a creditable opponent with a win.

Gilmore sure doesn't look like a top 5 CB and probably not top 10.

McCoy looks terrific.

Whaley did indeed do a great job bringing in these LBs -- although did any of them previously play for Rex?

Pretty cool that Nickell made the play of the game in his college home stadium.

That was a pretty good win. They need to win the next 2 for me to really be all in, but the season is interesting again.

That was the most insane time to call for a fake punt.  LA was crushing the Bills in the second half, wearing down the Defense while holding the Offense to something like 50 yards or so at the time.  If Rex had done that, there would be a full out riot in fandom.  I wonder how the LA fans are treating Fisher today?

Edited by wjag

Late --

Game Balls:

Shady

LorAx

Robey-Coleman

Adolphus Washington! (Worthy, or am I simply noticing a rookie's coming out party?)

Coaches - Rex, A-Lynn, Thurman, Crossman, April ...

I'm slow to change views, but I'm dropping Gilmore from "Best of the Rest" to "Solid", categorically. Think "Top Ten" dropping to "Better than Most". If I were ESPN, that translates to top 20 out of 60 starters.

To the learned ... is he better than Darby today?

Edited by N'eo

They way I saw it:

- The CBs struggle against big receivers.

- The Rams literally gave away that game yesterday

- Nice to see Hunter catch a TD pass on his first reception..  What happened to him the rest of the game?

- There was a Reggie Bush sighting yesterday.  If that is all you intend to do with him, you might as well cut him now.

- Carpenter, ay yi yi..  When are they going to say enough is enough?

- Game ball to Schimdt.  He did his job in spades yesterday.

- Where has the long ball gone in this offense?

- Nice to see them utilizing Clay

- They took advantage of the second string DL yesterday

- Why oh why did the Rams try a fake punt on their own 20?  Are you insane?  Or do you just want a quick exit from coaching?

- Tom Brady is a machine.. Incredible what he does and how he does it.

Did anyone else notice on the play in the 2nd or 3rd qtr where TT had his pass batted at the line and he tried to punch it away?  Did he hurt his hand there? and could that be why they only tried something like 10 passes in the 2nd half?  thoughts on that?  I'm curious.  My stepdad and I figured he did something to it on that play.  Why not put EJ in there (do they not trust him that much, or is the run game doing enough at that point that they figured they could get by?)

Also, great showing by our D.  We have top 5 scoring D again, tops in turnovers or TO differential (I can't remember now), and great sack and pressure stats again.  If we win the next two, I may need to buy tickets for the NE game...

Late --

Game Balls:

Shady

LorAx

Robey-Coleman

Adolphus Washington! (Worthy, or am I simply noticing a rookie's coming out party?)

Coaches - Rex, A-Lynn, Thurman, Crossman, April ...

I'm slow to change views, but I'm dropping Gilmore from "Best of the Rest" to "Solid", categorically. Think "Top Ten" dropping to "Better than Most". If I were ESPN, that translates to top 20 out of 60 starters.

To the learned ... is he better than Darby today?

I think he's quite a bit better than Darby, and the league agrees. There's a reason Darby gets targeted more.

It's amazing that Brady's arm looks the best it's ever been, at 39...

And couple that with he has not practiced with the team in four weeks, had a new receiver and tight end and he looks like he hasn't missed a beat.  He was lucky he got to play the Browns, but still, he repeatedly demonstrates he can play with any receiver and tight end and he makes them look all world.  4 weeks running Gronkowski is on 'missing' posters in NE.  One week Brady is back and Gronk goes off big.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.