Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I don't know why, but the run game has been incredibly improved since the OC change. Tyrod looks the same, but I'm starting to think Rex may have had a real reason to make the change beyond self preservation.

I've seen a pretty big difference in the blocking.

Also: maybe Phillip Rivers will demand a trade.

Bills were underdogs today

I'm not surprised, on the road against a 3-1 Rams team. Still, we paid $5M for Ryan, have a top 10 defense right now, and it's Case freaking Keenum.

I've seen a pretty big difference in the blocking.

Also: maybe Phillip Rivers will demand a trade.

Didn't he just sign an extension?

First time we've won 3 in a row since 2011.

I don't know why, but the run game has been incredibly improved since the OC change. Tyrod looks the same, but I'm starting to think Rex may have had a real reason to make the change beyond self preservation.

Agreed. From what WGR has said, they believe the play book is he same, but the scheme is different, and Lynn is much better at calling the plays in faster so the offense can observe the defense Edited by WildCard

Didn't he just sign an extension?

First time we've won 3 in a row since 2011.

On Rivers: he did in 2015. And he really struggled with signing it. I could see him not wanting to be part of a rebuild this late in his career. He's an emotional guy, and he's also a very "blue-collar" type that might fit here perfectly. Not holding my breath. Just a thought.

And I was there last time we won three in a row. Capped it off with a huge comeback win against the Pats at home (started out down 21-0). I'll be there on October 30th when the Bills play the Pats.

Doug Whaley deserves credit. I doubt a certain moderater will give it to him.

Whaley's done a good job. Give him two first round starters from the last four drafts and there'd be no/less debate. Football is a collision sport.

Edited by N'eo

Whaley's done a good job. Give him two first round starters from the last four drafts (we had three) and there'd be no/less debate. Football is a collision sport.

Actually we had four, but decided to use 2 on one player who's not playing. He's 0-4 in the first round. That cannot happen.

Actually we had four, but decided to use 2 on one player who's not playing. He's 0-4 in the first round. That cannot happen.

I'm not ready to say he's 0-4. Sammy's situation doesn't look good, and I don't see him justifying the trade or the high selection. Still some time there. Lawson is certainly no sure case.

I'm not ready to say he's 0-4. Sammy's situation doesn't look good, and I don't see him justifying the trade or the high selection. Still some time there. Lawson is certainly no sure case.

What if none of them get 2 contracts with the Bills? Will that put you over the edge, or is the average NFL career too short to expect more than 5 years from a player?

No snark, legitimate question.

What if none of them get 2 contracts with the Bills? Will that put you over the edge, or is the average NFL career too short to expect more than 5 years from a player?

I believe the average NFL career is 3 years, and the "hit rate" for 1st round picks is 50%. And he's only had two 1st round picks I can think of: Watkins (if you want to count him as two, whatever) and Lawson. EJ was Nix.

I believe the average NFL career is 3 years, and the "hit rate" for 1st round picks is 50%. And he's only had two 1st round picks I can think of: Watkins (if you want to count him as two, whatever) and Lawson. EJ was Nix.

Watkins cost 2 first round picks, so I will definitely count him as 2. Lawson hasn't played a snap, and the Bills don't have the luxury of letting first round picks not play(for something that apparently, every other team knew). And I'm giving him half credit for EJ. He doubled down on him the next year by drafting Watkins.

I've got to go to bed now!

Watkins cost 2 first round picks, so I will definitely count him as 2. Lawson hasn't played a snap, and the Bills don't have the luxury of letting first round picks not play(for something that apparently, every other team knew). And I'm giving him half credit for EJ. He doubled down on him the next year by drafting Watkins.

I've got to go to bed now!

Not every team knew--there were conflicting opinions on whether surgery would be needed before the season. The guy played for two years in college on the injury, I'm not sure we should crucify Whaley over thinking he could play...besides, if medical cleared him, blame them not him.

Not every team knew--there were conflicting opinions on whether surgery would be needed before the season. The guy played for two years in college on the injury, I'm not sure we should crucify Whaley over thinking he could play...besides, if medical cleared him, blame them not him.

Don't get me started on the Bills AND Sabres medical teams!

I have to go to bed now!

Yes. If they don't get second contracts here he whiffed.

No. EJ was Nix and Whaley. Whaley was the assistant GM who was already set to take over. It's been said he approved of the deal as much as Nix by Whaley himself.

Whaley is as inconsistent as they come, but he really does have some big hits.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.