2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

It will be interesting to see if GMTM re-signs Kuli.  It could be that with rest and proper healing, he'll be much improved next year, and signable at a lower salary than he would be had he had a good year this season.

Interesting.  I too would not be surprised if Kuli is re-signed.

So lets see if I understand this idea.  Re-sign Kuli on the cheap, couple him with retaining Bogo, Gorges, and Falk.  Boy, can't wait to see that crappy D group perform.  Oh wait, I get to see that every game this year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.  None of the D on this roster except Risto and McCabe, should be back next season.  None!  They are a joke.

We should never re-sign Kulikov or Franson,  We need to buy out Gorges and somehow find a taker for Bogosian and his terrible contract.  If Kulikov, Franson or Gorges is on the opening day roster GMTM has failed the franchise and us the fans and should be fired.

@ByMHarrington 53m53 minutes ago

Kulikov: "It's good 2 stay put and keep battling with these guys. On the other hand, I would have liked the opportunity somewhere else too."

That sounds alot like he doesn't want to be here.

@ByMHarrington  53m53 minutes ago
Kulikov: "It's good 2 stay put and keep battling with these guys. On the other hand, I would have liked the opportunity somewhere else too."

wow, yeah, OK.   maybe if you played better you'd have had that opportunity. 

It will be interesting to see if 1) Buffalo tenders an offer, and 2) Kuli gets an offer from another team. 

I'm guessing this year really killed his contract value.  If it really was an off year because of the injury, that could work to Buffalo's benefit (sign low for a Dman that will be much better next year). 

You can tell I'm a Buffalo sports fan because I come up with these rosy scenarios that I know in the pit of my stomach will never work out that way.

So lets see if I understand this idea.  Re-sign Kuli on the cheap, couple him with retaining Bogo, Gorges, and Falk.  Boy, can't wait to see that crappy D group perform.  Oh wait, I get to see that every game this year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.  None of the D on this roster except Risto and McCabe, should be back next season.  None!  They are a joke.

We should never re-sign Kulikov or Franson,  We need to buy out Gorges and somehow find a taker for Bogosian and his terrible contract.  If Kulikov, Franson or Gorges is on the opening day roster GMTM has failed the franchise and us the fans and should be fired.

Moulson + Bogo together cost over $10mil/yr.    That's how much guys like Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin make.     How different would this team be with one of those guys on the roster instead?

This team isn't going anywhere until those egregious contracts are purged from the ledger.    And it's a shame that money is going to waste while guys like Eichel and Reinhart are on their ELCs.  

Edited by pi2000

Moulson + Bogo together cost over $10mil/yr. That's how much guys like Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin make. How different would this team be with one of those guys on the roster instead?

This team isn't going anywhere until those egregious contracts are purged from the ledger. And it's a shame that money is going to waste while guys like Eichel and Reinhart are on their ELCs.

It will be addressed this off-season

He's not coming back here

Yep. I would be shocked if he does.

It was interesting in the Murray presser how he talked about multiple GMs acquiring guys in the past few years for the sole purpose of flipping them for 2nd rounders at the deadline.

He then proceeded to say that he hasn't done that, but you have to believe that was at least Plan B with Kulikov.

Yep. I would be shocked if he does.

It was interesting in the Murray presser how he talked about multiple GMs acquiring guys in the past few years for the sole purpose of flipping them for 2nd rounders at the deadline.

He then proceeded to say that he hasn't done that, but you have to believe that was at least Plan B with Kulikov.

His injury really sucks, but it presents an opportunity to resign him on the cheap.    I'd still like to see what he could do fully healthy... certainly could fill a top 6 role at worst IMO.    He was one of FLA's best players in the playoffs last season and he's still only 26.    Offer him a 1 year deal at $3mil to see if he can regain his form, but it sounds like he just doesn't want to be here.

Someone with space will bet on him returning to form and offer him a one- or two-year deal at $3 million per or something like that.

He'll be in a similar spot to where Franson was two years ago.

I'd be open to him on those terms, but he just never fit here.

All things being equal he'll pick somewhere else.

His injury really sucks, but it presents an opportunity to resign him on the cheap.    I'd still like to see what he could do fully healthy... certainly could fill a top 6 role at worst IMO.    He was one of FLA's best players in the playoffs last season and he's still only 26.    Offer him a 1 year deal at $3mil to see if he can regain his form, but it sounds like he just doesn't want to be here.

No, no and no. We invested over 16 mill in our 2nd and 3rd line D pairings and ended up with the worst D in the NHL. We are stuck with Bogo, but why would anyone want to see the return of the worst member of the group. $3 mill for what? He has 2 pts -15 in 37 games. These may be the worst numbers of any regular D in the NHL.

We need faster and smarter players on our D. You buy out Gorges, you let Franson and Kulikov walk, and you give Guhle a legit shot at earning a slot next year. You take 4-5 of the 11 saved by moving on from the terrible trio and acquire a legit 2-3 D to help take some of the burden off Risto and then acquire 2 solid defenders, like Davidson and Benn , to round out your group for reasonable money. You start the year with 8 real NHL D to rebuild depth in the organization and so you have an in house fallback option if Guhle proves he isn't ready.

Some here snickered when I brought up Mon acquisition of Jordie Benn, who is signed for 2 more years at 1.1 per season; so I thought I give a comparison between him and our $3.3 mill Cody Franson, who has been our 3rd best D this season.

Here are their stat lines

2g,13a, 15pts, -3, 34 pim, 18:33 toi, 52H, 113bks, 145min SH time

Vs

3g, 14a, 17pts, -1, 28pim, 18:45 toi, 70h, 54 bks, 48:35 min SH time

Guess which is which? Which guy makes 1.1 and which makes 3.3? Considering how badly we need help on the PK and blocking shots, I'd rather have the first stat line. Wouldn't you.

That sounds alot like he doesn't want to be here.

What other players don't want to be here? Is it because of the losing? Is it because they don't feel they fit with DB's system? Is it that they don't like Buffalo? Lot's of questions but the boys sure played uninspired last few games. Gives me the impression more than just Kuli gives a rat's ass. 

What makes you say this?

He probably doesn't get the long term deal he is looking for and he will have to sign a one year prove it deal

The first two need salary cap help, figure a one year deal that can be flipped for a pick at the deadline.

I needed a third team and it was down to Carolina or New Jersey.

What other players don't want to be here? Is it because of the losing? Is it because they don't feel they fit with DB's system? Is it that they don't like Buffalo? Lot's of questions but the boys sure played uninspired last few games. Gives me the impression more than just Kuli gives a rat's ass.

Could it be he didn't like the way his injury was handled? Chz brought up there are rumblings of concerns about the training staff. If he or his agent feel his rehab was delayed or screwed up costing him valuable playing time or millions of dollars on his next deal. If this is the case I would bolt as well.

It could be that he was traded from the team he'd spent his entire career with.

He couldn't bond with the guys here in camp because of the World Cup.

He couldn't bond with them early in the season because of the injury.

When he got to play he couldn't perform to his normal standards, and it further made him feel like an outsider because he failed to prove himself.

Then the injury doesn't get better and he gets frustrated with that.

And then the league says we don't really want you, even for a mid-round draft pick.

These guys are human beings.

Unhealthy, no friends, and questioning his own worth.

Leave Buffalo? It's a wonder he's not looking for a bridge.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.