2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

I hope! Dreaming of Nylander-Eichel-Okposo... but I guess that's for the future '17-'18 thread :)

I hope Nylander has a huge offseason and packs on 25 lbs and learns how to use it. More likely he spends 17-18 in Roch and that's not a bad thing. We need to be patient with some of the younger players.

Pretty sure I recall Murray bragging about being able to get a 4th liner or 3rd pair D in a trade whenever he wanted at one point.

This qualifies as a time where that makes sense, 2 games in 2 nights with a possible corps of

McCabe-Risto

Falk-Franson

Guhle-....Bergdorfer?

We got better...

Unless Bylsma is willing to break up FLG, that's the most logical spot for him to be.

I assume you mean "the most logical spot for him to be when DDB is PO'd at him and trying to send him a message," innit?  (This is the impression I got from DDB's interview on WGR the other day.)

Or do you think that Moulson is a more effective player than Kaner?

I assume you mean "the most logical spot for him to be when DDB is PO'd at him and trying to send him a message," innit?  (This is the impression I got from DDB's interview on WGR the other day.)

Overall I think Kane is the better player.  However, based on his style I'm thinking Moulson is a better fit for that line.

I meant precisely what I said. Kane is currently a better player than Moulson, but he's a negative on better teammates, whereas Moulson is just a giant zero. Kane is at his best when he's flying around, dominating the puck, running and gunning with reckless abandon. If he's doing that next to Eichel, O'Reilly, Okposo, and/or Reinhart, he's taking the puck away from them and the team is better when they have the puck more than Kane does due to his subpar sense/vision/passing. Alternatively, if Kane is dialing it back, his own effectiveness is reduced. It's best for the team if Kane is the driving offensive force on a line where it doesn't matter if he's taking puck time away from his linemates--on this team, that's on either the Larsson line or the 4th line, and since Bylsma refuses to break up FLG, his spot is on the 4th line.

I meant precisely what I said. Kane is currently a better player than Moulson, but he's a negative on better teammates, whereas Moulson is just a giant zero. Kane is at his best when he's flying around, dominating the puck, running and gunning with reckless abandon. If he's doing that next to Eichel, O'Reilly, Okposo, and/or Reinhart, he's taking the puck away from them and the team is better when they have the puck more than Kane does due to his subpar sense/vision/passing. Alternatively, if Kane is dialing it back, his own effectiveness is reduced. It's best for the team if Kane is the driving offensive force on a line where it doesn't matter if he's taking puck time away from his linemates--on this team, that's on either the Larsson line or the 4th line, and since Bylsma refuses to break up FLG, his spot is on the 4th line.

I don't think Bylsma should break up that line.  To me the whole is better than the sum of the parts for whatever reason with that trio.

Yes. I think it's more Moulson over Kane than anything else.

I keep thinking he's the one ripping it up down in Roch.  But I'm always just misreading it and it's actually Baptiste doing that.....

Baptiste!

One-Game Sample size, but Matty Mo looked surprisingly good playing with Eich and Kyle. Long may it continue.  I give it to the start of the second period Tomorrow night. 

Some new-looking lines:

Foligno-O'Reilly-Reinhart

Moulson-Eichel-Okposo

Kane-Larsson-Gionta

Carrier-Grant-Girgensons

Deslauriers

I like that 3rd Line

I too like those lines. Kane on the third line (!!!) - my dream come true.

I like those lines. We have absolutely miserable Laws though

I'm going to assume that was an autocorrect of "LWs". In which case I agree.

I agree with moving Carrier and Kane off the top 6 (although Kane's been on the 4th line for a while).  I have high hopes for Carrier, but I think moving him down isn't a bad idea.  Let him earn the top line time.  I don't mind giving Foligno a look at top 6.  Not crazy about Moulson in top 6, but he *is* second on the team in scoring.  This isn't bad I guess; the other permutation would be to swap Moulson and Kaner.  We've seen Kane on that line already though.

As others said.... LW could use some help in this lineup.  The rest looks pretty good.  I guess we know what GMTM will be looking to shore up in upcoming trades.  Maybe the lines will gel and all the pieces will start to mesh.  Eh.  Maybe not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.