2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

WE GOT KULIKOV TO GET GORGES INTO A BETTER SPOT FOR HIS ABILITIES

Well, at least we'll be reminded why Risto's advanced stats were bad. The Gorges-chip-up-the-wall-no-matter-what play will do that to anybody.

Right? I was greatly anticipating an actual top pair. Yeesh.

I thought word was ROR was in? More unfavourable news, it looks like.

Well, I'm glad the Risto contract hysteria has found a new home.

Kulikov and Risto both missed a lot of camp.  It's entirely logical to keep Risto with his partner from last year and to shelter Kulikov until both of them scrape off the rust.

So by the start of the 2nd period?

Kulikov and Risto both missed a lot of camp. It's entirely logical to keep Risto with his partner from last year and to shelter Kulikov until both of them scrape off the rust.

Rust? They both played in the World Cup, pretty sure they'll be fine. The only logical reason Gorges should ever be on the top pair is if the alternative is Cody Franson playing his offhand side.

Kulikov and Risto both missed a lot of camp.  It's entirely logical to keep Risto with his partner from last year and to shelter Kulikov until both of them scrape off the rust.

Maybe instead of the bolded you could have said gain some chemistry together. Better yet maybe you could install a fence around the cliff so the hormonal wouldn't jump off of at any type of preconceived notion they have with the lineup they want that the coach doesn't comply with.

Edited by jsb

Maybe instead of the bolded you could have said gain some chemistry together. Better yet maybe you could install a fence around the cliff so the hormonal wouldn't jump off of at any type of preconceived notion they have with the lineup they want that the coach doesn't comply with.

He should comply with me! I know way less about hockey than he does. 

Rust? They both played in the World Cup, pretty sure they'll be fine. The only logical reason Gorges should ever be on the top pair is if the alternative is Cody Franson playing his offhand side.

OK -- rust probably wasn't the right word...

...and JSB has beaten me to it, both with a better description of the Risto/Kuli factor and with an incisive observation about the last dozen or so posts here.

If you want to pretend Bylsma didn't just have an entire season of poor lineup decisions, that's your choice. But the assessment he struggles with properly evaluating which players fit best with one another is based upon said season of observation, not any chemical imbalances.

OK -- rust probably wasn't the right word...

...and JSB has beaten me to it, both with a better description of the Risto/Kuli factor and with an incisive observation about the last dozen or so posts here.

Calling a group of posters hormonal qualifies as an incisive observation? Interesting.

If you want to pretend Bylsma didn't just have an entire season of poor lineup decisions, that's your choice. But the assessment he struggles with properly evaluating which players fit best with one another is based upon said season of observation, not any chemical imbalances.

Calling a group of posters hormonal qualifies as an incisive observation? Interesting.

Yeah.  I mean technically, everyone is hormonal, right?

Putting Risto with Gorges instead of Kuli because that's "what he knows" is just as nonsensical as keeping Samson at wing because that's what he knows. Risto and Kulikov are going to have to learn to play together one way or another, just like Sasmon is going to have to play center at the NHL level eventually.

Even if Hot Daniel wants to keep Samson on the wing forever (please gods no), it'll still be beneficial for the team as a whole for Sam to have center experience.

Putting Risto with Gorges instead of Kuli because that's "what he knows" is just as nonsensical as keeping Samson at wing because that's what he knows. Risto and Kulikov are going to have to learn to play together one way or another, just like Sasmon is going to have to play center at the NHL level eventually.

Even if Hot Daniel wants to keep Samson on the wing forever (please gods no), it'll still be beneficial for the team as a whole for Sam to have center experience.

Seeing as Kulikov is now out for this game, I am going to give DDB the pass and say those initial pairings were just to limit Kulikov knowing he is nursing an injury, and not the pairings he actually wants to use all year.

Then again you never know.

I don't want him trying in game 1 to open the season at home. Go for it in game 2

Who, Sam at center? He'll be (for lack of a better word) fine. Kid has ice in his veins.

Yes I know where you're coming from but I don't think this game is when we start this experiment if you will. Ganme 2 on the road and closer to home for him. Let him loose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.