2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

No? Because that was the original intention with the trade? It's to get Gorges into a spot to maximize his abilities and hide his deficiencies.

I'm sure you loved watching Kulikov get turned around on the second Edmonton goal :P

But seriously, I'm glad to see that Kulikov and Risto will get lots of time together. I'm interested to see how their skill sets mesh.

Here's a still picture of Kulikov on that second goal...

4-arm-1.jpg   

...I'm not gonna make any excuses for that play, he blew it.    Don't expect a veteran to get caught flat-footed and turned around like that.    

Assuming Bogo and McCabe stay together... that leave Gorges with Franson.    Kill me now.

Here's a still picture of Kulikov on that second goal...

4-arm-1.jpg   

...I'm not gonna make any excuses for that play, he blew it.    Don't expect a veteran to get caught flat-footed and turned around like that.    

Assuming Bogo and McCabe stay together... that leave Gorges with Franson.    Kill me now.

:lol: Yeah, I'm thinking he's just rusty, because he can skate. He had several nice rushes later in the game, and several pinches I don't usually see sabres players succeed with.

Yeah, I wish we had found another bottom pair defenseman that isn't good but can at least move fast :P

Whatever happens, keep feeding McCabe minutes, I'm very intrigued so far.

Edited by Randall Flagg

The top line looked dominant against Van despite not scoring. They controlled play for significant periods.

That said, is it time to balance the lines better and give Reinhart a shot at center? I also really liked Baptiste's speed. Maybe a game on the road at Philly isn't the place to experiment, but maybe our next home game, lets give Sam a chance. Although I'm breaking them up below to get Samson to center, I liked the effort of Moulson Girgensons Ennis.

Ennis ROR Okposo

Moulson Reinhart Baptiste

Foligno Larsson Gionta

Girgensons Grant Deslauriers

Thoughts

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Giordano- Brodie and Weber - Markov really shut down our top lines in those games. The line did very good things in the Oilers game, and had lots of chances in Vancouver. I think I'd be in favor of putting Reinhart at center to spread out the talent a bit when the other team has a clear dominant top pair, and then leaving the line together when not.

The top line looked dominant against Van despite not scoring. They controlled play for significant periods.

That said, is it time to balance the lines better and give Reinhart a shot at center? I also really liked Baptiste's speed. Maybe a game on the road at Philly isn't the place to experiment, but maybe our next home game, lets give Sam a chance. Although I'm breaking them up below to get Samson to center, I liked the effort of Moulson Girgensons Ennis.

Ennis ROR Okposo

Moulson Reinhart Baptiste

Foligno Larsson Gionta

Girgensons Grant Deslauriers

Thoughts

I would definitely like to see Reinhart at center and spreading the talent out should give us a better chance at secondary scoring.

I hope Jack is watching what Matthews is doing.  Eyes on the prize Jack.

Jeff Marek, who I love, had a good point on his / Wyshinski's podcast the other day: Jack has to be sitting there and watching what all the other young studs are doing early this season and seething.  He's been more or less erased from the conversation by virtue of his injury.  What are the odds he stores this away and hits the ice in beast mode when he's ready to return? 

Let's hope so...

I'm guessing that the plan going forward does not involves Sam at center at all, whereas Girgensons is going to be a center.  In that context, it makes sense.

Now, is Sam a better top 6 center than Zemgus?  Probably.  But I suspect the thought is to keep Sam in the same position his future lies and let him continue to develop there.  Sam is slated as our next #1 RW methinks.

I'm guessing that the plan going forward does not involves Sam at center at all, whereas Girgensons is going to be a center.  In that context, it makes sense.

Now, is Sam a better top 6 center than Zemgus?  Probably.  But I suspect the thought is to keep Sam in the same position his future lies and let him continue to develop there.  Sam is slated as our next #1 RW methinks.

Decisions like this make it hard to support either Bylsma or TM. Tim said he was drafting a center not a rw when he took Samson at 2.

Decisions like this make it hard to support either Bylsma or TM. Tim said he was drafting a center not a rw when he took Samson at 2.

I find it hard to believe that the coach would over rule the GM on something like this.

So, I put this fiasco square on the GM.

This really makes no sense to me.  Samson IS a centre and should be learning to play that position in the NHL.

I find it hard to believe that the coach would over rule the GM on something like this.

So, I put this fiasco square on the GM.

This really makes no sense to me.  Samson IS a centre and should be learning to play that position in the NHL.

Behind ROR and Jack?

Samson will be fine.  At wing.

Iknow, I know.  Move ROR to wing.  I think Sam becomes our Patrick Sharp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.