2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

###### it, let's tank again.

There's a reason some (many?) of us have been clamoring for more NHL-caliber depth.

Guhle is a great skater and looks pretty assertive out there.

But I'm with Blue; I haven't really seen him actually do much.

In his defence, I've had limited viewings.

Right. I don't think he's been bad or anything, but I also don't think he's earned much of anything. Could just be the preferred option until Risto is signed.

I'll change my username if the team doesn't start 10-0-0.

I laughed a little. Then cried a lot.

There's a reason some (many?) of us have been clamoring for more NHL-caliber depth.

Right. I don't think he's been bad or anything, but I also don't think he's earned much of anything. Could just be the preferred option until Risto is signed.

I laughed a little. Then cried a lot.

And there's a reason some (many?) of us have been clamoring that Foligno is not worth a 2.25 cap hit.

And there's a reason some (many?) of us have been clamoring that Foligno is not worth a 2.25 cap hit.

He may not be, but getting rid of him this year wasn't going to do anything to improve our depth.

Edit: Honestly, looking at the list of comparable contracts this season...he probably is worth (have to manually sort the list by year) it. http://www.generalfanager.com/contracts/comparables?contract=5132

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This doesn't sound like it's the case.

Eichel-Larsson-Girgensons-Grant practiced up the middle at practice.

With Okposo and O'Reilly looking out for at least the first game we're likely looking at:

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Larsson - Ennis

Moulson - Girgensons - Fasching/Nylander

Deslauriers - Grant - Gionta

Is this your lineup or DD's during practice? If this is DD's, is Jack going to play 30 Minutes?

This is the full quote about Guhle. To me it sounds like he stays at least for the west coast trip.

“We are going out west for three games,” Bylsma said of the Sabres’ road trip after the season opener. “We are going to be taking seven defensemen. … We’ll go the distance with keeping him around.

This doesn't sound like it's the case.

Eichel-Larsson-Girgensons-Grant practiced up the middle at practice.

With Okposo and O'Reilly looking out for at least the first game we're likely looking at:

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Larsson - Ennis

Moulson - Girgensons - Fasching/Nylander

Deslauriers - Grant - Gionta

Bump Moulson out of there & even though it's missing its top point producer from last year & presumed goal scoring leader for this year, it's still significantly better than the hot garbage we watched 2 & 3 years ago.

Realizing that's not saying much, but there are not many teams that don't look like hot garbage missing 2/3's of their top line.

IF no ROR or Okposo  I'd go with the following for chemistry purposes

1.  Kane Jack Sam

2. Moulson Girgensons Ennis - was an effective line 2 years ago when they were our only talent

3. Foligno Larsson Gionta - was effective at the end of last season when we improved

4. Deslauriers Grant Fasching - showed some chemistry in camp.  All can play physically and Grant is good in the face off circle and defensively according to DD.

Seems like logical cuts to me.

Wonder if they'll play Reinhart at 2C.

Hope they play Nelson over Franson.    Playing him sheltered minutes next to Gorges on the third pair might ease him into the NHL life.  

Franson is pretty much dead weight to me.

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.