2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

Right now Fasching is Okposo's replacement.

Guess we'll see if he is ahead of Moulson, Grant and DLo after Okposo and ROR return.

From what I observed he and Grant earned their spots.

I'm glad Nelson is the seventh defenceman because I never want to watch Falk in blue and gold.

Edited by dudacek

So Grant is our 4th C and what about Fasching? is he a starter or riding the pine?

Ya, Girgs is probably the 4C. I honestly think Fasching and Grant made the team outright, and Moulson and D-Lo are the two that will draw in if ROR and Okposo can't play. After that, Moulson and Deslauriers would be the extra, press box forwards. 

Something like:

Ennis - ROR - Okposo
Kane - Eichel - Reinhart
Foligno - Larsson - Gionta
Grant - Girgensons - Fasching

Moulson, Deslauriers

Basically without ROR and Okposo, Larsson and Girgensons slide up, Grant slides to the middle, Moulson fills in for Grant, and Fasching takes Okposo's spot, with D-Lo filling in for him. 

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart
Ennis - Larsson - Fasching
Foligno - Girgensons - Gionta
Moulson - Grant - Deslauriers
Edited by Thorny

With Risto signing so cheap , do we have 4 mill left for Fowler when Cody goes on the injury list again ?

I think we just about do.

I don't think so. I think we would need about another about another million in cap relief to make that work. We really need Cody Franson to either play well this year or just leave. 

I'm excited about Fasching making the team. I think he can add some real muscle around the net. I hope he doesn't get sent down once Okposo and ROR get healthy.

Glad he & Nelson both made the team. They looked good in that 1st game they both dressed for (especially Fasching).

Will definitely be paying attention when they're on the ice to see how they're continuing their adjustment to the big leagues.

I don't think so. I think we would need about another about another million in cap relief to make that work. We really need Cody Franson to either play well this year or just leave. 

Was thinking about this number because Fowler is still being dangled out there at 4 mill per.    At some point during the season he might still become available.

Well at least for tomorrow night looks like those (few as they may be) that wanted Moulson to get a shot on 1 of the top 2 lines will get what they'd hoped for.

Went from expecting to miss their best 3 D to expecting to miss their best 3 F for the opener w/in ~48 hours. Faaaack.

I'll give a couple of Jack's out scenarios

Scenario 1

Kane ROR Reinhart

Moulson Ennis Okposo - Lets Ennis distribute to Johnny T's old running mates

Foligno Larsson Gionta

Deslauriers Girgensons Fasching

Scenario 2

Ennis ROR Okposo

Kane Reinhart Fasching

Foligno Larsson Gionta

Moulson Girgensons Deslauriers/Grant/Bailey

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.