2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

There is no fundamental difference under the CBA regarding NHL service in either case. Play 10 games in the NHL or don't. 

Estephan probably has the better argument about it costing him money, what with the sweetheart slave labor deal the junior leagues get.  Nylander gets to play in the AHL, Estephan does not. 

You've been removed from our list of potential arbitors, thank you for your time

Hasn't Larsson also been exclusively at center?

Please let Hot Daniel roll four lines.

It could happen. Larsson or more likely Girgs will be the 4th line centre, and for my money that'll be a good player in the 4th line, deserving of minutes.

Nope. It explicitly states that salary, bonuses, and so on are all extended on the same terms. 

I think it's the fact that most 18 year-olds aren't AHL eligible that's throwing you.

Yup, Nylander's contract can definitely slide 2 years while playing in the AHL.

After the Ottawa pre-season game it looks like the Kane Eichel Reinhart line is locked in.  To bad none of the others are.

The vibe seems to be that the first line of Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo is locked in, too.

So we've got:

Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Then we've got a mix of other players fighting for the bottom six.

Bottom-six LW options:

Foligno

Girgensons

Larsson

Moulson

Grant

Nylander

Deslauriers

Bottom-six center options:

Girgensons

Larsson

Grant

Bottom-six RW options:

Gionta

Fasching

Nylander

All ordered in likelihood of making the team and getting on the third line vs the fourth.

What I would do with the bottom six:

Foligno - Girgensons - Fasching

Moulson - Larsson - Gionta

Deslauriers has a better chance of making the team then Nylander

Correct. This was an issue with my editing. I originally intended to order the likelihood of each player playing on the third line and then the likelihood of playing on the fourth line. But I changed my mind midpost and didn't reorder.

God dammit

Our injury situation this early is pretty ridiculous.

Relax, that's why you have depth. Reinhart can slot into ROR spot if needed. Okposo is fine, he'll start the season. Everyone calm down.

I dunno...never good to start with this much uncertainty already. And no or limited practice time for some of our top guys. Has our top line of Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo even skated a minute together? Need time to develop chemistry. This isn't a depth issue, it's a "missing a bunch of your top line forwards and defenders" problem.

2/3rds of our top line isn't practicing, and it's the same story for our top defensive pair and Bogosian, 1/2 of our starting 6 D.

That's FIVE top guys who aren't going to be 100% for game one, if they are even ready for it. It's not the end of the world, but it's also not something to be dismissed lightly.

Edited by Thorny

Risto is practicing btw.

Look, if a guy is dinged up and your season opens in 4 days, you don't have them practice. You let them get healthy for the season. For all we know these guys would play if it was the regular season. Let's breath until we see opening night. If players are missing then yes that's bad. Right now, nothing matters.

Risto is practicing btw.

Look, if a guy is dinged up and your season opens in 4 days, you don't have them practice. You let them get healthy for the season. For all we know these guys would play if it was the regular season. Let's breath until we see opening night. If players are missing then yes that's bad. Right now, nothing matters.

Fair enough. We'll have to wait and see. And I forgot the bolded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.