2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

My recollection is foggy and unable to research it right now, but Risto would be on the not reported list as of the Tuesday deadline as of now.  If he signs sy Wednesday do the Sabres get any roster relief like they do in football, i.e. the ability to carry more players?

Edited by 3putt

So we could be missing ROR and Okposo to start the season?

Relax, that's why you have depth. Reinhart can slot into ROR spot if needed. Okposo is fine, he'll start the season. Everyone calm down.

And a bubble boy or two can start the season with the big club and get their 9 (or less) games of NHL experience.

Edited by Doohickie

My recollection is foggy and unable to research it right now, but Risto would be on the not reported list as of the Tuesday deadline as of now.  If he signs sy Wednesday do the Sabres get any roster relief like they do in football, i.e. the ability to carry more players?

If he hasn't signed by Thursday they could put him on suspension which would give them relief. I would expect that would be the plan so they can call up someone to play defense in his stead. I remember Teppo was suspended for failing a medical test once with blood clots, wasn't anything against him just the formality of it all. 

If he hasn't signed by Thursday they could put him on suspension which would give them relief. I would expect that would be the plan so they can call up someone to play defense in his stead. I remember Teppo was suspended for failing a medical test once with blood clots, wasn't anything against him just the formality of it all. 

He doesn't have a contract.  You can't suspend someone who isn't your employee.  But yes, they do get cap relief if he's not on the team.  His entire $0 salary no longer counts against the cap.

He doesn't have a contract. You can't suspend someone who isn't your employee. But yes, they do get cap relief if he's not on the team. His entire $0 salary no longer counts against the cap.

See we need you around here.

I think because he's not signed, he's not on the roster.

Doesn't affect us any more than David Legwand as far as cap and roster limits go.

True and good call

I think we're going to need to do some actual research instead of assuming. Different leagues have different rules obviously, but the NBA counts unsigned restricted free agents both against the roster limit and cap (using the qualifying offer).

I've never thought about it or looked into it in the NHL.

Have any local journalists posted or tweeted about it?

Bylsma: We’ll go the distance with keeping Guhle around (can’t send him down, he’d go to Jr). He’s shown he can play in an NHL game.

ROR day to day

Dan Bylsma uncertain of Okposo, O'Reilly in opener. Says IF they are put on IR for roster deadline, can be retroactive and play Thursday.

That's upsetting. Would break up Reinhart and Jack for sure

This doesn't sound like it's the case.

Eichel-Larsson-Girgensons-Grant practiced up the middle at practice.

With Okposo and O'Reilly looking out for at least the first game we're likely looking at:

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Larsson - Ennis

Moulson - Girgensons - Fasching/Nylander

Deslauriers - Grant - Gionta

This doesn't sound like it's the case.

Eichel-Larsson-Girgensons-Grant practiced up the middle at practice.

With Okposo and O'Reilly looking out for at least the first game we're likely looking at:

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Foligno - Larsson - Ennis

Moulson - Girgensons - Fasching/Nylander

Deslauriers - Grant - Gionta

it, let's tank again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.