Tank 3.0

inkman

Edmonton is two points out of a playoff spot.  And that's without McDavid.  When he comes back, I think they'll get in.

Yeah, but since this is the NHL, they'll probably trade a dish towel to the Loafs for their 1st rounder & that'll end up landing Matthews. :wallbash:

(Better Eulers than Loafs at least, but not much better. ;))

SwampD, on 05 Jan 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Is there any other explanation to Moulson, Larsson, and Gionta?

They probably use Crisco for their lard, when they really should be using genuine pig fat. Makes all the difference in everything.

Is there any other explanation to Moulson, Larsson, and Gionta?

Gionta and Moulson, yes. Larsson, well he's just been disappointing all around. At least the former provide veteran leadership. 

Guys, we should not be pointing fingers. Finger pointing gets us nowhere Zemgus! (points at Zemgus) 

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/o6xpah/water-bread-and-margaritas

Understanding Where the Sabres are in the Process

However, through 39 games, Buffalo has 34 points and currently sits 29th in the standings.  The season certainly hasn’t gone as expected in regards to putting “W’s” in the win column.  The eye test and even the advanced stats show that the Sabres are certainly much improved over the last few seasons.

As we come up on the half way mark of the season, it’s important to remember where the Sabres are in the rebuilding process.

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm at the point where I'm at least listening to offers for anyone on the roster not named O'Reilly, Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart, Ullmark, Lehner, Pysyk, and McCabe.  I personally would like Girgensons, Larsson, and Deslauriers to be part of the team's future, but if the right deal came along...

No analysis of where the Sabres are should talk about the last two seasons. Meaningless. It's where they should be and where they are, and there's a chasm there.

I think we should be farther up the standings, but I don't think it's fair to completely disregard the previous two seasons. The starting point matters, and ours was consecutive 50 point seasons. Sure it was intentional, but that doesn't change the reality that our starting point was as low as long way can be and that's going to impact where we can get to in one year.

I think we should be farther up the standings, but I don't think it's fair to completely disregard the previous two seasons. The starting point matters, and ours was consecutive 50 point seasons. Sure it was intentional, but that doesn't change the reality that our starting point was as low as long way can be and that's going to impact where we can get to in one year.

Agreed.

I'm at the point where I'm at least listening to offers for anyone on the roster not named O'Reilly, Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart, Ullmark, Lehner, Pysyk, and McCabe.  I personally would like Girgensons, Larsson, and Deslauriers to be part of the team's future, but if the right deal came along...

Well you aren't going to be getting anything roster changing give your no movement list. Unless you intentionally left Kane off of there. Otherwise, it's Ennis/Bogo/Girgs and 1sts

Edited by WildCard

Agreed.

Well you aren't going to be getting anything roster changing give your no movement list. Unless you intentionally left Kane off of there. Otherwise, it's Ennis/Bogo/Girgs and 1sts

Yep, I'd at least listen on Kane, but with the legal issue and his play this year, his value has got to be about zilch.

My no movement list is what I consider our current inner/outer core and guys too young/unproven to give up on yet.  I'm willing to see where that group goes with some different, hopefully more effective, pieces around them. 

The starting point wasn't the end of last season. At least we seem to agree overall.

No analysis of where the Sabres are should talk about the last two seasons. Meaningless. It's where they should be and where they are, and there's a chasm there.

Absolutely, but the sample size is still pretty small.

Troof.

The starting point wasn't the end of last season. At least we seem to agree overall.

I thought the article nicely laid out the three stages of the rebuild 

1.  The tear down....  Turning the old core into young assets and picks

2. The bottoming out... Rineheartdt / Eichel

3. Growing up and learning to win..40 games into this stage

And honestly, aren't we all getting what we hoped for at this point? The team is competitive, the youngsters look great, True's toothbrush is an All Star, and, AND, we somehow will luck out and get another top 5 pick, maybe even Matthews. I'm not a tank proponent this year, but I can't hate what we have going here. 

And honestly, aren't we all getting what we hoped for at this point? The team is competitive, the youngsters look great, True's toothbrush is an All Star, and, AND, we somehow will luck out and get another top 5 pick, maybe even Matthews. I'm not a tank proponent this year, but I can't hate what we have going here.

All of us but me and you, apparently.

No.  If this was the plan, they would have just kept Nolan.

All of us but me and you, apparently.

Nobody should have anticipated playoffs this year. I braced for another year of missing them. I think they problem is how they are doing it. Bylsma looks lost, the talent on this team should have them hovering around a playoff spot but they are woefully under performing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.