Sabrespace family squabbles and scandals

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Absolutely

I'll take my ban like a man.

I present proof that the Financial Chairman of The Second Mile at the time Jerry Sandusky was brought up on charges is along with the rest of the operating figureheads of the charity, under multiple federal investigations.

There are additional federal investigatons that may or may not involve him, but matches the discription of only a handful of possible people.

All of that aside, Hockey Heaven envisioned an event like the WJC. Is it not a valid and interesting point that every single member of Pegula's original executive and management team has been fired, most positions changed multiple times, except for 1 person?

Ted Black is off in the poor loony bin according to Bucky, but 1 survives.

He was the Financial Chairman at the time.

A 3 year old article talking about an investigation that started 3 years prior and a new set of investigations starting because of it.

The math isn't that difficult.

I don't think you need to know too much about how the world really works to figure out what's going on.

I don't know that Pegula is a fanboy and I question if he was ever a fan of the Sabres. What I do know for sure is that he LOVES his cronies. And that he only bought the Sabres shortly before probably the worst pedophilia scandal in US history. Remember in 2011 when everybody involved with Penn State and Second Mile was a SCUMBAG. Well what changed? Pegula made billions of dollars in an industry that will probably be compared to Big Tobacco in a decade or two. And I also know that nobody ever heard of him before he showed up here as a "hero" and "savior".

I also know that you are absolutely not allowed to criticize him on this forum. So it frankly doesn't matter if Ghost starts a thread here or somewhere else, it's going to be silenced and attacked, and some of the people attacking you are probably getting paychecks directly or indirectly from the Sabres organization. Not all of course, there are many people who truly believe in Pegula, and more importantly want to believe in him. 

I understand that people want peace and harmony and don't want to scare away a "good" thing. But silencing people and trying to cover things up and pretend that certain things don't exist is not the way to do it. 

He was the Financial Chairman at the time.

A 3 year old article talking about an investigation that started 3 years prior and a new set of investigations starting because of it.

The math isn't that difficult.

You need more to say Benson was or presently is under investigation.

It is intellectually dishonest to contend otherwise.

Full disclosure: Ghost and I have had interesting PMs about these matters. There is, IMO, some intriguing make-you-go-hmmm stuff to think about. Not the least of which is Benson's sudden shift to veterans affairs and his involvement with a women's and children's VA housing development on Buffalo's east side.

But there's not enough to say Benson is or was under investigation.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I don't think you need to know too much about how the world really works to figure out what's going on.

I don't know that Pegula is a fanboy and I question if he was ever a fan of the Sabres. What I do know for sure is that he LOVES his cronies. And that he only bought the Sabres shortly before probably the worst pedophilia scandal in US history. Remember in 2011 when everybody involved with Penn State and Second Mile was a SCUMBAG. Well what changed? Pegula made billions of dollars in an industry that will probably be compared to Big Tobacco in a decade or two. And I also know that nobody ever heard of him before he showed up here as a "hero" and "savior".

I also know that you are absolutely not allowed to criticize him on this forum. So it frankly doesn't matter if Ghost starts a thread here or somewhere else, it's going to be silenced and attacked, and some of the people attacking you are probably getting paychecks directly or indirectly from the Sabres organization. Not all of course, there are many people who truly believe in Pegula, and more importantly want to believe in him. 

I understand that people want peace and harmony and don't want to scare away a "good" thing. But silencing people and trying to cover things up and pretend that certain things don't exist is not the way to do it. 

Your timing is off. Pegula bought the Sabres 7 months before the Sandusky story broke. 

We can criticize Pegula, Benson, and anyone else we want whenever we want. It's when people deliberately cross a line and accuse them of being involved in and covering up pedophilia without anything other than a tinfoil conspiracy theory that it becomes a problem.

Especially from someone who has offered several other tinfoil conspiracy theories over the years. 

Funny how one person's long time friends and associates are another person's cronies. #Spin

Quite right.

Criticism is fine. Libel by implication, not so much.

The conspiracy theories need more facts to endure.

Oh, and I have never seen any legs to the 'people 'round here have Sabre/Pegula connections.' At all. That might be among the more unfounded theories I see here.

p.s. Being part of a large regional firm that once upon a time did some work for the Larry Quinn era Sabres doesn't cut it. Not even close.

Yes, SabreSpace, where we always stay on topic and never recycle arguments.

Detroit chuckled at HockeyTown and Saudi Arabia was offended by mecca.

Recycled conversations and being off topic mid-thread are quite a bit different than continued accusations of serious felonies without proof.

You need more to say Benson was or presently is under investigation.

It is intellectually dishonest to contend otherwise.

Full disclosure: Ghost and I have had interesting PMs about these matters. There is, IMO, some intriguing make-you-go-hmmm stuff to think about. Not the least of which is Benson's sudden shift to veterans affairs and his involvement with a women's and children's VA housing development on Buffalo's east side.

But there's not enough to say Benson is or was under investigation.

Would Benson not be included in the mass listing of Second Mile executives? He was probably 3rd in line in terms of power. It wasn't a token job.

Anyhow, look how many months the Kane investigation took for 1 victim and 1 possible defendant. How long do you think it takes to look into dozens or possibly hundreds of victims and dozens of possible people involved on the potential coverup?

Don't forget that as politicians change offices, so does the priority of some issues.

Anyhow, seeing Russ Brandon last night on the ice is what triggered the thought. Nobody who was actually here from the starting point to devise Hockey Heaven is left.

Didn't anyone view that puck drop as a little greasy?

Your timing is off. Pegula bought the Sabres 7 months before the Sandusky story broke. 

We can criticize Pegula, Benson, and anyone else we want whenever we want. It's when people deliberately cross a line and accuse them of being involved in and covering up pedophilia without anything other than a tinfoil conspiracy theory that it becomes a problem.

Especially from someone who has offered several other tinfoil conspiracy theories over the years. 

What about that timing is off? He jumped ship BEFORE the story broke, giving plenty reason to believe Benson or somebody else gave him the heads up in time to save his reputation. Are you trying to say Sandusky only started raping kids after Pegula bought the Sabres? Or do you think the media learned about the investigation the same day Benson and Penn State did?

And I'm frankly getting sick of everybody accusing me of trying to connect Pegula to covering up pedophilia. Where have I ever said that? I am trying to say that Pegula is not the savior we think he is and bought the team as much to get away from Penn State as anything else. AND he happened to bring along somebody who we have reason to suspect might have had a gut feeling what was going on behind closed doors. 

And there goes the lazy "tin foil hat" thing. You're better than that. Discrediting by association. False association at that. 

Quite right.

Criticism is fine. Libel by implication, not so much.

The conspiracy theories need more facts to endure.

Oh, and I have never seen any legs to the 'people 'round here have Sabre/Pegula connections.' At all. That might be among the more unfounded theories I see here.

p.s. Being part of a large regional firm that once upon a time did some work for the Larry Quinn era Sabres doesn't cut it. Not even close.

Says the "Pat Kane definitely raped her" crowd. 

And yeah sure, being paid by a group of people "once upon a time" who owned the Sabres "doesn't cut it". Get out of here. 

Maybe if posters here did some work for Pat Kane "once upon a time" there would have been some more "caution". 

Funny how one person's long time friends and associates are another person's cronies. #Spin

My long-time friends aren't in charge of finances for sham charities who are a front for raping children. And if they were, they probably wouldn't be my friends anymore, much less untouchable business partners. 

Edited by musichunch

Says the "Pat Kane definitely raped her" crowd.

And yeah sure, being paid by a group of people "once upon a time" who owned the Sabres "doesn't cut it". Get out of here.

The what crowd? If one such crowd existed, I won't claim membership. I definitely had grave concerns, fwiw.

Your rejoinder on the 'conflict' issue, such as it is, reveals a fundamental ignorance of how such business works, or what effect it has on rational, free-thinking people. Especially 10 years on.

And while I apologized for the offense caused by calling you Ghost's ban hammer alter ego, I will say anew that I honestly can't distinguish your voices, views, angles.

Terry Pegula announced on January 21, 2011 that they would build an ice hockey arena at Penn State named after him. His name is on an on-campus building that broke ground on April 20, 2012 (420 he's a stoner!) and opened on October 11, 2013.

Pegula announced he was buying the Sabres on February 18, 2011.

So in a month and seven days he decided he needed to buy a professional hockey team so he could "get away" from the University that had just undertaken an $88 MILLION project that was to be named after him.

If a moderator would like me to move this to a different thread, let me know.

Let's see what Mr Benson has to say in his own words.

http://sgmworld.org/blog/benson/

He uses a bible quote to say he came to Buffalo in exile. That's pure gold.

You may want to take a look at the history of the latest charity head these guys are doing business with.

Would it be libel for me to call him a murderer?

That's some real bad luck in chosing heads of charity to work directly with. I can't even imagine who the trifecta could possibly be.

If a moderator would like me to move this to a different thread, let me know.

Let's see what Mr Benson has to say in his own words.

http://sgmworld.org/blog/benson/

He uses a bible quote to say he came to Buffalo in exile. That's pure gold.

You may want to take a look at the history of the latest charity head these guys are doing business with.

Would it be libel for me to call him a murderer?

That's some real bad luck in chosing heads of charity to work directly with. I can't even imagine who the trifecta could possibly be.

Gotta admit, that's pretty funny.

Still not enough to indict, though.

What about that timing is off? He jumped ship BEFORE the story broke, giving plenty reason to believe Benson or somebody else gave him the heads up in time to save his reputation. Are you trying to say Sandusky only started raping kids after Pegula bought the Sabres? Or do you think the media learned about the investigation the same day Benson and Penn State did?

And I'm frankly getting sick of everybody accusing me of trying to connect Pegula to covering up pedophilia. Where have I ever said that? I am trying to say that Pegula is not the savior we think he is and bought the team as much to get away from Penn State as anything else. AND he happened to bring along somebody who we have reason to suspect might have had a gut feeling what was going on behind closed doors. 

And there goes the lazy "tin foil hat" thing. You're better than that. Discrediting by association. False association at that. 

Perhaps I misread your initial post in that I thought you were intimating that people who were mad at everything/everyone PSU were suddenly all forgiving because Pegula purchased the Sabres. It wasn't hard to reach that conclusion based on how you presented that post, thus why I questioned the timing. Thanks for the clarification. 

I am not saying you are connecting Pegula to anything. Only that one poster here has suggested that Benson was involved in a coverup protecting a pedophile and that he is being investigated as a result. All the while never once offering one shred of evidence to suggest that was the case. Ghost has offered several such scenarios over the years, including the suggestion that Hodgson's father hired indigenous Canadians to have someone whacked. Tin foil stuff. If you don't think it is, we can agree to disagree. 

I'm sure Sandusky had been raping children since he became sexually active and that some people in and around State College, PA had been aware of it for decades. I'm also sure the all powerful football institution silenced anyone who deigned to raise a concern.