Sabrespace family squabbles and scandals

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Do you know where I'm coming from though? I fully understand Eichel needs a bit more bite to his game. But "he has to move his feet," "he has to go to the dirty areas," "he has to stop coasting and hustle more" are nails down the chalkboard for me. We really can't have anything nice, can we?

And, by the way, Eichel has not been shy about going wide and cutting to the goal mouth. It hasn't paid off yet. But let's not fit him for three-legged ballerina outfit yet.

Oh I know where you're coming from, I had a similar rant in another thread about this the other day; not specifically attitude, just this extreme worship of the blue-collar identity. I'd rather see him now scoring from areas where people can't, and doing things others don't, then worry about the little stuff that Marcus Foligno is for. He does go to the boards, and he does get physical. I don't think playing in front of the net is his game. It's not a lot of people's game.

Do you know where I'm coming from though? I fully understand Eichel needs a bit more bite to his game. But "he has to move his feet," "he has to go to the dirty areas," "he has to stop coasting and hustle more" are nails down the chalkboard for me. We really can't have anything nice, can we?

And, by the way, Eichel has not been shy about going wide and cutting to the goal mouth. It hasn't paid off yet. But let's not fit him for three-legged ballerina outfit yet.

More than fair. 

I know he can and will improve. But I'm just enjoying him for what he is now.

I've done time in SabreShank. I've heard they waterboarded Ghost, but it wasn't water.

He'll be a lunch pail, hard-working, card-carrying Buffalo guy soon enough. Don't worry. They'll beat the talent out of him.

Nice.

Whens the last time anybody saw Ovechkin in the dirty areas?

Observations and thoughts like this are why I can't quit you, Ghost. And why I don't want you to quit on us.

And yes: I am sorry to have offended you, as I apparently did. No offense was ever intended, but was evidently imparted.

I'm sorry for calling you a dipshit.

I love how that isn't filtered.

I was just more disappointed that someone I respect thought I would hide under the cover of something else. And musichunch is a neat poster. He may think like me in some regards, so I understand in a vacuum why you would compare.

Nice.

Whens the last time anybody saw Ovechkin in the dirty areas?

I remember him challenging Drury to a fight after he sent Briere into the boards but to quote OV, "I know I was wrong but he was a chicken and wouldn't accept my offer."

I'm sorry for calling you a dipshit.

I love how that isn't filtered.

I was just more disappointed that someone I respect thought I would hide under the cover of something else. And musichunch is a neat poster. He may think like me in some regards, so I understand in a vacuum why you would compare.

I remember him challenging Drury to a fight after he sent Briere into the boards but to quote OV, "I know I was wrong but he was a chicken and wouldn't accept my offer."

All good, sir. I AM a dipshit sometimes. Especially here.

I swore it was you. And I sorta loved it, too. I didn't really persist with saying 'hunch was you for any good reason -- if any, it was to thumb my nose a bit at the banning, which I'd viewed as somewhat arbitrary and excessive.

I do feel badly if I chased off the musichunch poster. He had good stuff to contribute. 

Oh I know where you're coming from, I had a similar rant in another thread about this the other day; not specifically attitude, just this extreme worship of the blue-collar identity. I'd rather see him now scoring from areas where people can't, and doing things others don't, then worry about the little stuff that Marcus Foligno is for. He does go to the boards, and he does get physical. I don't think playing in front of the net is his game. It's not a lot of people's game.

I disagree. If you're a forward you should absolutely be going to the dirty areas. Eichel is creating a lot of goals with his tools, which is great to see, but his game isn't anywhere close to complete.

He's a really big kid. If he doesn't go to the front of the net then he's not going to become the forward we all know he can be.

I disagree. If you're a forward you should absolutely be going to the dirty areas. Eichel is creating a lot of goals with his tools, which is great to see, but his game isn't anywhere close to complete.

He's a really big kid. If he doesn't go to the front of the net then he's not going to become the forward we all know he can be.

Going to the net and playing 'screen the goalie' like Vanek and Reinhart are different IMO

Yager goes to the front, doesn't camp out, but is in there enough and the defense has a tough time with him. 

Ovi, he slides in, creates some havoc, gets out.

Crosby & Malkin, if they don't have the puck their finding open ice as close to the crease as possible and taking their licks when the puck does come to them.

These are just off the top of my head. He doesn't need to be Dave Andreychuk and make a living with his skates covered in blue ice, but he needs more than a fly by.

Appreciate the kind words guys.

I was annoyed by the Drane comparisons when they happened, and annoyed by the overall "aha! I'm so clever for figuring it out" attitude to them but I also get why they happen. He was vocal on the Pegula stuff and I'm like a mosquito to a flame when it comes to questioning the true motives of billionaires. I agree that we think alike. 

I wasn't chased off as much as I've become disillusioned by sports lately. If I told you what I really think about sports, people would skip past the tin foil hat memes and send me straight to the loony bin. But that's how it is. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't banging my head against the keyboard with the Evander Kane/racist stuff. And I criticized Eichel about a month too soon apparently. Fans weren't ready for reality yet. 

I do believe there are some very shady conflicts of interests on this board as well as TBD so that makes me hesitate to post many of the things I'd like to. But I haven't yet given up on the NHL like I have with the NFL so I'll be around every so often, just maybe not as often as before. 

Appreciate the kind words guys.

I was annoyed by the Drane comparisons when they happened, and annoyed by the overall "aha! I'm so clever for figuring it out" attitude to them but I also get why they happen. He was vocal on the Pegula stuff and I'm like a mosquito to a flame when it comes to questioning the true motives of billionaires. I agree that we think alike.

I wasn't chased off as much as I've become disillusioned by sports lately. If I told you what I really think about sports, people would skip past the tin foil hat memes and send me straight to the loony bin. But that's how it is. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't banging my head against the keyboard with the Evander Kane/racist stuff. And I criticized Eichel about a month too soon apparently. Fans weren't ready for reality yet.

I do believe there are some very shady conflicts of interests on this board as well as TBD so that makes me hesitate to post many of the things I'd like to. But I haven't yet given up on the NHL like I have with the NFL so I'll be around every so often, just maybe not as often as before.

Sorry to get you profiled. Your hunches are with good reason. Heck, I've only been allowed to post 150 days out of the last calender year, yet legal professionals are posting that Patty Kane was drilling in the wrong hole for brown gold. I guess that's ok.....but who am I?

Don't be a stranger. It's always nice to sit in the waiting room of the VA with another who went through the .

It's never been Sam Reinhart's game until his team needed it to be.

You mean like fanboy owners who say the Sabres sole reason for existence is to win the Cup and promise to dig another well if they need more money? :ph34r:

He's 18 hypercompetitive and a coachable kid. He'll get it.

I liked Eichel's jam more tonight. I think he's like Mario in that he doesn't find top gear until he's challenged. Phoenix was hitting him and he responded.

I think the book on him from opposing coaches is going to be "Don't wake him up."

Edited by dudacek

Not sure he was talking about me, but the shoe fits.

Not in particular. There were quite a few in that thread spreading heresay.

So it begs me to ask once again, if that kind of speculation and talk is allowed to go on for months here about someone who was never charged with a crime, why do I get banned for talking about someone with the Sabres who IS still under multiple federal and state investigations for a possible role in sexual misconduct?

Speaking of which.....a lot was made about how great it was that the Pegulas were here to ensure the future of Hockey Heaven.

Let us reflect upon who was chosen to be the original architects of Hockey Heaven, and how their positions have looked like since then.....

Lindy Ruff....nope....Ron Rolston...nope...Ted Nolan....nope....Dan Bylsma.....ahhh

Darcy Regier....nope.....Pat LaFontaine.....nope....Tim Murray....ahhhh

Ken Sawyer....nope....Craig Patrick....nope....eh?

Ted Black....nope...John Koelmel...nope....Joe Battista....nope...Russ Brandon...ahhh

Cliff Benson.....YES!!!

Of all the key figures assembled to oversee Hockey Heaven, only 1 has made it all the way through while every other position has been shuffled, most a multitude of times.

Cliff is the True Angel, for nobody else has proven worthy enough to maintain a place in Hockey Heaven.