Thanksgiving

Neo

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I am grateful for my Creator, His gifts to me, and a family I love. I am grateful for a world that overwhelms me with beauty every single minute of the day.

To my friends here. I am grateful I found you while seeking the narrowest of interests, our Sabres, only to discover the fullest of human beings and the broadest of interests.

Travel safe, if that's your plan. I am thirty minutes away from a mini van trip to Charlotte, NC, where our family is gathering for the Holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I am grateful for my Creator, His gifts to me, and a family I love. I am grateful for a world that overwhelms me with beauty every single minute of the day.

To my friends here. I am grateful I found you while seeking the narrowest of interests, our Sabres, only to discover the fullest of human beings and the broadest of interests.

Travel safe, if that's your plan. I am thirty minutes away from a mini van trip to Charlotte, NC, where our family is gathering for the Holiday.

Wonderful post, Neo. Same to you sabresouth. I have many of the thanks you guys have. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on SabreSpace! 

That was downright romantic. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

A happy holiday to you as well. This was a trying year on many fronts but I am grateful for the challenge and the gifts bestowed upon me to meet those challenges, and the satisfaction of having met them head on. God's blessing to you all.

I feel like the last few years I've had more and more to be thankful for each year. Two years ago I was thankful that Ink helped me get out of my awful depressing warehouse job situation. Last year I was thankful that UB was willing to let me try my hand at getting back into engineering learning.

This year I am thankful that a good, family owned business was willing to take a gamble on me. I love my job, and I love that they take me seriously, even though I don't have the "correct" education, or resume, or references.

I'm thankful that Josie continues to be supportive of me. She has been instrumental in helping me get my life on track. Behind every man...

I'm equally thankful for all of the support we've received basically since last fall when I started splitting time between Rochester and Buffalo. Being away from my home all week long isn't fun, especially when tragedy strikes. I don't know what we'd have done with Josie and her broken ankle if we didn't have anyone to help us.

I'm glad my parents have welcomed their 28 year old son back home, even if I'm rarely doing more than sleeping and showering. I've gotten over my pride and decided that I'm thankful that I get to see my family more often. Ideal? No. But it's okay. It's nice to have stability in any manner.

I could probably keep going. So much has happened this year.

I hope good fortune finds all of you in the year to come. Positive waves.

As a workaholic, I will be at work tonight. So my wife, son and I celebrated Thanksgiving on Monday. It was awesome! A beautiful spiral ham (we don't particularly like turkey), mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, chocolate pie (for me), Dutch apple pie (for them), deviled eggs and dinner rolls hot from the oven. And I still have left overs to kill today!

I'm spending today alone, as my son had to go to NY to spend thanksgiving with his biological father, and my wife will be at my parents house eating with my family (lucky!) But that's OK, because I have my dogs, Thanksgiving football, and awesome left overs! The house will be quiet today, but I still have an amazing family to be thankful for.

Oh and you guys and gals are awesome, too. Happy Thanksgiving.

To go with the above post, today is a great day to drink a ######-ton of beer and watch football!  Happy Thanksgiving.

Ha As friends arrive to celebrate Thanksgiving they keep bringing beer. Makes me and others well....

Happy Thanksgiving! And of course be responsible!!! 

Edited by Thanes16

Happy Thanksgiving all. I am grateful for many things, and even if my hockey team's record isn't one of them, the fellowship of Sabrespace certainly is.

It's a great day to be alive. I hope everyone here is having a good day and has much in life to be thankful for.

Holy mackerel I am full.

It's been a rough year, but here are some things I'm thankful for:

- my dad's persistence in pressing his doctors for help when he knew things weren't right.

- the amazing surgeon who most likely saved his life

- the incredible team of doctors and nurses who've administered his follow-up chemo and radiation treatment

- the unintentional 5 weeks of unemployment that allowed me to spend as much time as possible with him during and after the surgery

- a chance to relocate to a beautiful new part of the country

- family who remain close at heart in spite of the physical distance

- a Sabres team I can cheer for again

- all of you here, who at various times have provided support, laughter, and a very welcome distraction

Happy Thanksgiving, SabreSpace.

Edited by biodork

My niece from up North happens to be in her first semester in a college an hour from me. Due to my brother's divorce and her mother's disapproval of anyone from my family I haven't seen her in seven years. Now she's grown and making her own decisions and chose to spend the holiday and weekend with my wife and I. She is a great kid and I love her dearly. I am VERY thankful that she is spending this time with us.

My niece from up North happens to be in her first semester in a college an hour from me. Due to my brother's divorce and her mother's disapproval of anyone from my family I haven't seen her in seven years. Now she's grown and making her own decisions and chose to spend the holiday and weekend with my wife and I. She is a great kid and I love her dearly. I am VERY thankful that she is spending this time with us.

That's fantastic, happy for you.

Winner winner turkey dinner.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Thanks for letting me opine over the years.

Thank you as well for introducing me to such superstars as Ellie, Pappy, Kirby, and Luca.

And for sharing tribulations of best intentions like unstable exchange students, Zhitnik defecting to the promised land, girlfriends gone bad, and soulmates in peril.

I'm gonna go eat a turkey ass now...

Post of the year.

Thank you.

Be safe everyone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.