GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN, 11/10/2015

WildCard

My issue isn't the chit-chat between them, it's Emrick himself. The sheer volume of verbiage that pours out of him is too high. There are a number of occasions every game that he does where I just say to myself "STFU already!"

I think Eddie is decent-to-good, and McGuire more or less the same, although a bit of a blowhard.

JMO, of course.

Matt Cassel, James Bond, and now Pierre McGuire. You're on quite the streak of bad opinions :p

It could be Strader, who doesn't seem to tolerate much in the way of chit chat during play, which is my and a lot of people's beef with Emrick-Pierre-Eddie. Emrick is fine, by himself.

I think it has as much to do with those specific guys as it does with the fact they you just listed three separate names.  If you give that many people a live mic during a game, you're just inviting unnecessary chatter.

I'm not crazy about Emrick. He just talks too much about stuff not related to the action for my taste.

fify

It could be Strader, who doesn't seem to tolerate much in the way of chit chat during play, which is my and a lot of people's beef with Emrick-Pierre-Eddie. Emrick is fine, by himself.

Strader is the fulltime Stars guy; I'm not sure he's doing national stuff anymore.  And the Stars play tonight so he won't be doing it for sure.

Eeesh. This season is starting to feel like Groundhog Day. Sabres keep waking up to play the same team each day.

This is a must win game for me, we need to show this team we're not a doormat and won't be swept/go down without a fight vs. Tampa. 

Additionally, a win will give them a boost a confidence, any they'll need all the help they can get this month since the schedule is brutal this month. 

Emrick is a very good PBP talent who knows the game. IMO, the things that annoy us about him are not of his making.

Speak for yourself.  I hate his tone/cadence.  Sounds like he's describing figure skating real fast.

My issue isn't the chit-chat between them, it's Emrick himself.  The sheer volume of verbiage that pours out of him is too high.  There are a number of occasions every game that he does where I just say to myself "STFU already!"

This.

I think Eddie is decent-to-good, and McGuire more or less the same, although a bit of a blowhard.

JMO, of course.

McGuire just cracks me up now because I can't watch him without hearing David Leggio's impersonation of him in my head. :D

Edited by The Big Johnson

Johnson in net tonight

Per Bylsma

Son of a.....

Why? Just, why? I don't understand you, DD 

Great GDT, WC.

Interesting that DDB is going with Ocho Cinco. Presumably we'll see Linus vs the Panthers.

I think NBCSN does a good job with the production but I'm not crazy about Emrick. He just talks too much for my taste.

I just realized that I look forward to seeing Eichel every game.

Go Sabres.

Thanks  :beer:

If it was back-to-backs I could see Johnson tonight, as the Panthers game is more important to us, but we don't play again until Thursday.

I like Emrick; mostly just his voice. His useless facts and banter is annoying though

All hail Wild and his GDT !

I will offficially be relived of being my niece's minion while in Orlando for tonight's game. Shorts, poolside and hockey. Very excited.

Wild great job with the GDT, these have surpassed 26 Corner's Threads.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated  :beer:

I encourage people to check out the advanced stats and play around with the Team Comparison graph, some very cool stuff. 

Edited by WildCard

The Lightning meanwhile, look to continue pulling themselves out of an early season funk. Coming off of another loss in which the offense was, again, lost, the Lightning look to forget their 1-0 loss to the Wild on Saturday and think back to their 3-0 record vs the Sabres instead. Tampa Bay has serious offensive issues right now, getting shutout 3/8 and held to 1 goal or less in 6/8 recently. 

Good lord! We can't beat these guys even though everyone else is smoking them?? Come on guys, lets beat these people! Go Sabres! 

The Sabres play the Lightning for the final time this season.  Greater than 25% of their games so far have been against the Lightning.  Who makes this schedule?

It's awful.

Go Sabres... I'm just over annoyed at the schedule makers to be all that excited.

Pendant Alert: I think I noted earlier in the season that a game listed at EST should have been EDT since it was daylight savings time. Now that we're back on Standard time, the title should be 7:30 PM EST. :ph34r:

This will be a radio game for me, as it's broadcast locally. I hope that means RJ, but I don't mind Dan Dunleavy. I was out in the yard for the Vancouver game so I listened to his and Andrew Peters' call and while Peters isn't terrible he needs to get more comfortable in the role, The color analyst for the local team should be (at least nominally) objective. We was good at calling out some Sabres when they weren't playing well (I think Ennis was mentioned for skating too much and not passing), but then he followed informed criticism with half-apologies about criticizing Sabres players. It's OK, Petey, your job is to analyze the play and sometimes that'll be negative towards the Sabres.

The Sabres play the Lightning for the final time this season.  Greater than 25% of their games so far have been against the Lightning.  Who makes this schedule?

It's awful.

Go Sabres... I'm just over annoyed at the schedule makers to be all that excited.

I have a feeling playing the Lightning for 25% of the games is unsustainable, that number will come back down to earth.

@BuffaloSabres: No line rushes this morning. All healthy players are on the ice except Weber, who left the ice early. #BUFvsTBL

@TBTimes_JSmith: Cooper on @BuffaloSabres: "Let's be honest, a few of these periods they've dominated us more than any other team has dominated us this year"

It's awful.

Yes, the schedule is terrible this year.    Next week they play DAL, STL ,DAL then STL again, then NSH, CAR and NSH again.   wat

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.