GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN, 11/10/2015

WildCard

I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind it

I blame Ted Black for requesting all these nonsensical matinee games. In my world this schedule mess is somehow related, perhaps those in charge making the schedule have the line of thought "Oh, you want to play at 3 o'clock on a Monday of a holiday that shouldn't be recognized? You want to play at 1 p.m. for every saturday game this year? If you want ridiculous times you can also have ridiculous blocks of teams..." or something, something. 

Look:  Every team gets difficult scheduling for some part of the year.  If this came late in the season we'd be cursing the schedule gods for submarining our playoff run.  Instead we get a difficult stretch out of the way early.  In a way that's a good thing because one of the best ways to learn how to play better is to play against better teams.  The Sabres are in a steep learning curve right now and I think facing TB so many times early in the season will help their development.

I have a feeling playing the Lightning for 25% of the games is unsustainable, that number will come back down to earth.

What are the fancy stats on that? :)

Yes, the schedule is terrible this year.    Next week they play DAL, STL ,DAL then STL again, then NSH, CAR and NSH again.   wat

Yep.  Hard to figure.  And the thing is the schedule doesn't happen in a vacuum.  So, for DAL, NSH, STL, and TB they've cleared the Sabres off their schedule early which means they are stacking other teams later on as well.

Look:  Every team gets difficult scheduling for some part of the year.  If this came late in the season we'd be cursing the schedule gods for submarining our playoff run.  Instead we get a difficult stretch out of the way early.  In a way that's a good thing because one of the best ways to learn how to play better is to play against better teams.  The Sabres are in a steep learning curve right now and I think facing TB so many times early in the season will help their development.

Surely there are a variety of good teams to play against? I look at it this way.  The Lightning did not have to face Bogosian once.  It's just a schedule quirk this year.. can't recall anything that seemed this concentrated before.

What are the fancy stats on that? :)

Yep.  Hard to figure.  And the thing is the schedule doesn't happen in a vacuum.  So, for DAL, NSH, STL, and TB they've cleared the Sabres off their schedule early which means they are stacking other teams later on as well.

Surely there are a variety of good teams to play against? I look at it this way.  The Lightning did not have to face Bogosian once.  It's just a schedule quirk this year.. can't recall anything that seemed this concentrated before.

It'll be an interesting talking point if (and a big if) the Sabres and Lightning were to meet in the playoffs. "The Lightning won the season series, but that was complete barely a month into the season. The Sabres have been a different team since then, and Tampa shouldn't take them lightly."

I don't care at all about how difficult the schedule is right now, I'm more pissed that the variety of teams is so appallingly low. The point of the home-home with WC teams is to give fans an opportunity to see different teams and players. If you put that series in the same week, I have no chance of measuring how far teams have come, and I get bored seeing the same team twice in one week. 

I don't care at all about how difficult the schedule is right now, I'm more pissed that the variety of teams is so appallingly low. The point of the home-home with WC teams is to give fans an opportunity to see different teams and players. If you put that series in the same week, I have no chance of measuring how far teams have come, and I get bored seeing the same team twice in one week. 

You know someone wants to run the numbers on the ratio of teams played to number of games played.

The Lightning did not have to face Bogosian once.  It's just a schedule quirk this year.. can't recall anything that seemed this concentrated before.

So when they see him in the playoffs, it will come as a rude shock.  :devil:

It'll be an interesting talking point if (and a big if) the Sabres and Lightning were to meet in the playoffs. "The Lightning won the season series, but that was complete barely a month into the season. The Sabres have been a different team since then, and Tampa shouldn't take them lightly."

I would say that for truly competitive teams, the one that won the season series doesn't have an advantage.  When I was following the Red Wings, it seemed that whichever team one the season series between them and the Avalanche.... ended up losing in the playoffs to the other team.

And face it.  All those excuses are just that:  excuses.  You don't want the Sabres to face TB again cuz yer skeered!

Bylsma did say he wants to beat TB tonight so when they get them at the end of the year in the playoffs, they know we have beaten them.

The coach needs to tell the media when he's trying to win? Sounds like we have a stealth tank sitch going on here. GMTM told HCHDDB to make SURE to lose any game that we have a valid excuse to lose. The 4 TB games early on in our schedule are proof of GMTM building MFT status with some moles in the NHL central cell. Bogosian gets some injury time, which is a win/win masterful stroke. Kane and he are alotted more time and space to build their empire. Evander was a tough sell originally because he wants to maintain his status as a good player despite nearly never playing. I can't decide if he has a robot leg or Schlemko was in on it. His post game interviews were nearly a dead tell.

ANYWAYS, back to MFT status. The plan for GMTM is all about placating the masses (filthy casuals and diehards alike) with real progress hampered by "real" setbacks. We will miss the playoffs barely and Tim's mole will get us Mathews. It sickens me that we have such a rube errand boy of a GM that is so obviously carrying out his owner's wishes to a T.

Edited by qwksndmonster

The coach needs to tell the media when he's trying to win? Sounds like we have a stealth tank sitch going on here. GMTM told HCHDDB to make SURE to lose any game that we have a valid excuse to lose. The 4 TB games early on in our schedule are proof of GMTM building MFT status with some moles in the NHL central cell. Bogosian gets some injury time, which is a win/win masterful stroke. Kane and he are alotted more time and space to build their empire. Evander was a tough sell originally because he wants to maintain his status as a good player despite nearly never playing. I can't decide if he has a robot leg or Schlemko was in on it. His post game interviews were nearly a dead tell.

ANYWAYS, back to MFT status. The plan for GMTM is all about placating the masses (filthy casuals and diehards alike) with real progress hampered by "real" setbacks. We will miss the playoffs barely and Tim's mole will get us Mathews. It sickens me that we have such a rube errand boy of a GM that is so obviously carrying out his owner's wishes to a T.

Don't forget Lehner not lasting a game

Don't forget Lehner not lasting a game

I'm not convinced that's part of it. I've always thought that Lehner was a power move by GMTM to try establish to Peg that he'll get fleeced by his uncle any time he wants because this is HIS franchise. Then Terry sent a message in the first game.

Watch in the injury video. Lehner's ankle: Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

I'm not convinced that's part of it. I've always thought that Lehner was a power move by GMTM to try establish to Peg that he'll get fleeced by his uncle any time he wants because this is HIS franchise. Then Terry sent a message in the first game.

Watch in the injury video. Lehner's ankle: Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

Huh>?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.