Who leads the team in scoring this year?

Stads

It's been exciting watching the potential our offense might have this year. With the defense still being suspect, I can imagine a lot of 5-4 and 4-3 types of games. Who do you think leads the team in scoring this year? If you want to make an actual prediction of stat lines for this year, be my guest. I will say that Ennis leads the team with 71 points.

If I'm not mistaken Moulson has the best career points per game number on the team.  Of course, playing with Tavares was a big part of that.  But, put him with Eichel and he should score 25 goals or so.

If he really has best points per game, that's pretty amazing considering how awful the Sabres were offensively since he's been with the team.  All the more reason to suspect a big bounceback year, especially if he's on Eichel's wing.

I'm going with O'Reilly, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it's Eichel. O'Reilly is going to get fed ice time and I expect him to lead all forwards when all is said and done, and he's been very durable throughout his career. I expect Kane and Ennis to miss enough time to hamper their overall output, and I think Moulson's days of being a 65 point player are behind him.

Realistically though I think it's going to be very close among a handful of guys (who have all been mentioned here). I don't see us with a 70+ point player, but I expect we're going to have many in the 50-60 range; whoever gets 60 as opposed to 58 is anybody's guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.