GDT: Leafs at Sabres, 9/29/2015, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

My first GDT of the resurrection!

Looks like it will be on NHL Network tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9:00 AM.

Per WGR, here are the forward lines for tonight:

Kane  R.O’Reilly  Ennis
Moulson  Eichel  Gionta
Larsson  Reinhart  Rodrigues
Deslauriers  Legwand  Foligno

Also, Lehner will play the whole game.

Go Sabres.

Kane  R.O’Reilly  Ennis

Moulson  Eichel  Gionta

Go Sabres.

Inching closer to the real lineup.  :thumbsup:

Interestingly, Bylsma said this morning that this is probably the first time we've had all top-6 forwards in the lineup. Maybe he's eyeing Zemgus more on the 3rd line? The plot thickens.

Interesting. I can't see Gus playing anything other than wing on Eichel's line given how his game is the perfect compliment. But what the phuck do I know? Full trust in Disco Dan.

GO SABRES!!!

Interesting. I can't see Gus playing anything other than wing on Eichel's line given how his game is the perfect compliment. But what the phuck do I know? Full trust in Disco Dan.

GO SABRES!!!

That said.. pairing Eichel with leadership and experience of Gionta and Moulson wouldn't be the worst thing either.  It might be temporary but it's probably worth it.

GO SABRES!!!

I think the idea is that, while he would be good on the wing, they get MORE value out of him playing center, if possible.

That said.. pairing Eichel with leadership and experience of Gionta and Moulson wouldn't be the worst thing either.  It might be temporary but it's probably worth it.

This makes sense, too. Girgs looked good on that line with Eichel and Moulson last week in Minny. Girgs would also lend himself well to a Larsson/Reinhart line, too. Nice problem for our coach to have. Especially when compared to last year.

GO SABRES!!!

I heard on hockey hotline that Larsson is actually not playing today. Per Mike Harrington the forwards will look like this:

The lines will thus look like this:

Kane-RO'Reilly-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Gionta
Rodrigues-Cal O'Reilly-Reinhart
Foligno-Legwand-Deslauriers

Was hoping to see Larsson & Reinhart jam together but that will have to wait for another day.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/09/29/sabres-two-lines-get-first-chance-to-play-together-tonight-against-leafs/

Kane  R.O’Reilly  Ennis

Moulson  Eichel  Gionta

Go Sabres.

:sick:

I really want him to prove me wrong, but not terribly impressed with him so far.  Maybe getting some full games will help him get into a groove.

he hasn't impressed so far. he's gotta play himself into shape here.

Hopefully it comes soon.

Not impressed w/ him to date, but in fairness, saw Bishop play against the Amerks and had no idea why he'd even gotten to the AHL for though he was big, in that game he couldn't move nor control a rebound to save his life. (Talk about getting a skewed view from a 1 game sample! :lol:)

For the most part, I've liked the moves TM has made. Because of that, I'm withholding judgment, but if it isn't rust (and it could be, plus possibly that getting compiled w/ nerves until he finally has a good game or 2) this was a swing & a miss. Hopefully we don't have to wait until December for us to get the big solid goalie as a Christmas present. Tonight would be a good time to open that 1.

Hopefully it comes soon.

Not impressed w/ him to date, but in fairness, saw Bishop play against the Amerks and had no idea why he'd even gotten to the AHL for though he was big, in that game he couldn't move nor control a rebound to save his life. (Talk about getting a skewed view from a 1 game sample! :lol:)

For the most part, I've liked the moves TM has made. Because of that, I'm withholding judgment, but if it isn't rust (and it could be, plus possibly that getting compiled w/ nerves until he finally has a good game or 2) this was a swing & a miss. Hopefully we don't have to wait until December for us to get the big solid goalie as a Christmas present. Tonight would be a good time to open that 1.

It seems highly likely that at least one of GMTM's big moves will prove out to be a swing & miss.  (Frankly, if it's only one, the Sabres will still be doing quite well -- and better that it be Lehner than, say, Kane or Reinhart.)

Hopefully it comes soon.

I agree with you. Just last week I saw one of those games that just didn't go as well as they should have. I'd heard that Jonas Johansson was tearing it up in his new club (he has been borrowed to Almtuna from Brynäs). Since Almtuna is my home town team I got excited and went to see if he was as good as his stats. He couldn't stop anything it seemed and ended up with a sv%75 (didn't face many shots) playing the whole game. I did see some hints of great things. (Expected Jonas to play rather inmobile playstyle and depend on his size, but he didn't seem afraid of playing agressive).

I haven't seen any preseason games so I can't comment on Lehner, but he has played far too little to rule him out imo.

Edited by Dannepanne

Interestingly, Bylsma said this morning that this is probably the first time we've had all top-6 forwards in the lineup. Maybe he's eyeing Zemgus more on the 3rd line? The plot thickens.

I expect Gus to center the "third line", I also expect him to get the most minutes when we play teams that have really strong top lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.