Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

He could be just as set up financially as he is satisfied by those two Cups. I'd take the money too, but I also haven't made $10 mil+ in my career.

Yeah, I realize that I made one hell of a blanket statement there.  It's going to differ from person to person, but I do think that the typical response in his spot would be the money grab.  It's basic human nature to want more, no matter how much you have already.

Yeah, I realize that I made one hell of a blanket statement there.  It's going to differ from person to person, but I do think that the typical response in his spot would be the money grab.  It's basic human nature to want more, no matter how much you have already.

Which wins out: more cups or more money?

I agree with that. I guess my point is that if you try to coerce (either with money or other promises) a player into a particular situation they honestly don't want to be in, it's not likely to work out for the best.

I think it's clear GMTM has offered Odouya very good money and security. The Hawks don't want him back, yet he has still not signed with the Sabres. I think it's time to move on.

Agree entirely with this post, especially the bold text. 

GO SABRES!!!

Cups aren't guaranteed at the time the contract is signed. The money is.

True, should have said "more money or more legitimate shots at the cup". You see that all the time with old players taking short deals at reduced pay with teams like Pittsburgh recently and Detroit before that. If Oduyja signs with Arizona for top dollar, he's saying money is important. If he resigns with Chicago, NYR, Pittsburgh, etc. (examples, pick your favorite contender) for less than market value, Cups are important. Buffalo would be interesting, as by year three there's a chance the Sabres are contenders, but not this or probably next year.

Varone signs a one year 600k deal with Sabres. Avoids arbitration

That's too bad.  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that arbitration hearing.

Varone: I want a one way deal because I've played 34 games in the NHL and have put up 7 points

Sabres: You've played 34 games in the NHL and put up 7 points

That's too bad. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that arbitration hearing.

Varone: I want a one way deal because I've played 34 games in the NHL and have put up 7 points

Sabres: You've played 34 games in the NHL and put up 7 points

Varone: Which helped you get Eichel.

Sabres: Touché

Just kidding of course

Edited by BRAWNDO

For you older fans out there, and to get our minds off the ROR situation and back to Johnny Oduya, here's a tester.  What product used to have the slogan, "A little dab Oduya"?  Poetic license included ;) .

For you older fans out there, and to get our minds off the ROR situation and back to Johnny Oduya, here's a tester.  What product used to have the slogan, "A little dab Oduya"?  Poetic license included ;) .

somthing for the hair i think.... tryin to resist googling it.  something cream?    don't know.

I'm a Dapper Dan man myself.

Wasn't it something to masochists to trim eyebrows? - brillo pad cream. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.