Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

More Burke than Carlisle, though it didn't work out for Burke in Toronto, Calgary on the other hand appears to be on the right track. Overall, the brain trust the Leafs are putting together is impressive. Time will tell if it works. It's not easy converting all that hockey knowledge into a cohesive product on the ice.   

At least they're finally blowing it up and starting to take their medicine.

I bet he is referring to the Rangers needing cap space after signing stepan to a deal whose value was perhaps inflated by ROR's deal, so putting Yandle on the trade block?

He's talking about RoR making the Sabres better and that luring Yandle via FA (he's a UFA next Summer).  RoR's deal would hurt our acquiring him in a trade because it depleted a lot of our liquid assets.

I bet he is referring to the Rangers needing cap space after signing stepan to a deal whose value was perhaps inflated by ROR's deal, so putting Yandle on the trade block?

I think this is what he is getting at. Who knows if it will actually come to fruition though. There is a good chance that if the Rangers want to keep Yandle, they can find a way to make it work.

He's talking about RoR making the Sabres better and that luring Yandle via FA (he's a UFA next Summer). RoR's deal would hurt our acquiring him in a trade because it depleted a lot of our liquid assets.

I forgot he is a UFA after this year but I still think that ROR influenced Stepan's deal and that that leaves the Rangers less likely to sign Yandle than they would like. Though their defense should be fine without him

I forgot he is a UFA after this year but I still think that ROR influenced Stepan's deal and that that leaves the Rangers less likely to sign Yandle than they would like. Though their defense should be fine without him

Maybe by .5 million?  Maybe that could've led to different decision trees about Yandle, but I doubt it.

NHL releases NBCSN prime time schedule; Edmonton plays 1 game on NBCSN (in Buffalo, March 1st). Buffalo plays 5. Sounds like McDavid really is buried deep in the north; for American fans at least. 

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-releases-national-broadcast-schedule/

For comparison, the Hawks play a league high 21 times on NBSCN, though that's too be expected

Edited by WildCard

Five national games sounds low for us.  Usually we're up more than 10-12-14 games.  I mean, I know we were (are?) bad.  I guess by comparison, Florida, Carolina, New Jersey, Columbus, and Arizona only have one game.

Edmonton and Toronto only get one game, and the Flames, Jets, Sens, and Canucks getting NO games is pretty bad.  With Montreal in six games, that makes a total of eight games of the 105 scheduled so far involving Canadian teams.  I understand the economics under the current TV rights, but it's still pretty stupid to ignore one fifth of the league.  Combined with above, that's only seven games for the 11 teams with fewest games.

And also, wtf, Philadelphia has 19 games.  Pittsburgh 18.  Detroit 16.  Anaheim has only four.  Nashville four.  Dallas three.

As expected, it's all about money.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Five national games sounds low for us.  Usually we're up more than 10-12-14 games.  I mean, I know we were (are?) bad.  I guess by comparison, Florida, Carolina, New Jersey, Columbus, and Arizona only have one game.

Edmonton and Toronto only get one game, and the Flames, Jets, Sens, and Canucks getting NO games is pretty bad.  With Montreal in six games, that makes a total of eight games of the 105 scheduled so far involving Canadian teams.  I understand the economics under the current TV rights, but it's still pretty stupid to ignore one fifth of the league.  Combined with above, that's only seven games for the 11 teams with fewest games.

And also, wtf, Philadelphia has 19 games.  Pittsburgh 18.  Detroit 16.  Anaheim has only four.  Nashville four.  Dallas three.

As expected, it's all about money.

It is low for the Sabres.  Maybe they've figured out that Buffalo will tune in no matter what, while the rest of the country wants to see quality hockey.

It is low for the Sabres.  Maybe they've figured out that Buffalo will tune in no matter what, while the rest of the country wants to see quality hockey their team.  FIFY

I'd say I officially have no idea what Vancouver is doing, but I think it's more important to state that I officially believe they have no idea what they're doing. 

Edit: I know it's not all on Benning, but the following is ugly no matter how you slice it:

Scott Wheeler @scottcwheeler

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th, retained salary on Luongo.
Edited by TrueBluePhD

I'd say I officially have no idea what Vancouver is doing, but I think it's more important to state that I officially believe they have no idea what they're doing. 

Edit: I know it's not all on Benning, but the following is ugly no matter how you slice it:

Scott Wheeler @scottcwheeler

Luongo, Schneider, Kesler, Bieksa, Lack = Markstrom, Horvat, Sbisa, Sutter, Dorsett, McCann, 3rd, 3rd, 7th, retained salary on Luongo.

If I'm the Sedins, edler and miller and wanting to win a cup soon, i'd ask for a trade right now :D

anyone here who wanted benning as a gm ? :D

Pens also signed Eric Fehr

If there's a God, Pittsburgh will draft a BU guy with that pick.

Matt Cooke re-joins the Penguins.

I'm going out on limb with this but I'm predicting a first round out in the playoff's with these bold sideways moves.