Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I'm man enough to admit I'm a little peeved watching that. Freakin' Edmonton. The good news is they should be good enough the rest of the way to only have a low percentage chance of winning the lottery again.

You mean just in time to let the Loafs win Matthews to go w/ Stamkos taking a hometown discount for having a full summer off every year?

Anaheim wins tonight. If my reading of the standings is correct, that puts them in a playoff spot, Third in a truly putrid Pacific Division.

Watch, they'll win the damn cup this year. After the start they had and the hysterics surrounding it, I'm all for it.

Didn't mean to imply that at all. I was just ... confused.

Probably on me for interpreting it wrong :beer:

I'll be honest, I know next to nothing about either of them. 

Mason Raymond has a first name for a last name, and a last name for a first name. And Brandon Prust is on the "Hockey Wives" show my girlfriend watches. That's about all you need to know.

McDavid goal... https://twitter.com/RogersNHLGCL/status/694723049745051650

Does the same move on every pretty goal he has.

Great goal. Same move as always though, and the D really, really botched that. They should be embarrassed. 

Without having clicked on it, does he stop right in front of the goalie, real close in, and go forehand backhand forehand before shoving it in down low?

Nailed it!

You mean just in time to let the Loafs win Matthews to go w/ Stamkos taking a hometown discount for having a full summer off every year?

Toronto, they're going to end up stuck witch Chychrun.  I can only hope they are dropped into the 4th position :D  

Wideman suspended for 20 games

I still don't believe he intended to do it. It seemed like he was going "aw crud, get to bench get to- GET OUT OF MY WAY oh sh!t that was a ref". That being said... he should've apologized or gone to the locker room as injured to help his case... sitting on the bench laughing and shaking his head just sold it as intentional d.baggery. 

But hey, 20 games'll send the message home I suppose. 

That suspension doesn't make any sense to me. If you're punishing Wideman for intentionally hitting the ref, you suspend him for the rest of the season. 20 games says that they didn't have the justification to give him the whole season, which means they really didn't have any reason to suspend him at all. 

Not enough if you ask me. The minimum should have been the rest of the season with no definitive date of reinstatement next season.

GO SABRES!!!

I tend to agree with this

What's the leagues longest suspension? Is this in the top 5?

I tend to agree with this

What's the leagues longest suspension? Is this in the top 5?

Life for Billy Coutu in the 20s... 

Raffi Torres has 41 games.

Chris Simon had 30 games. 

A few with 25 and 23. 

Raffi Torres again with 21 games.

Then Wideman. 

Bertuzzi took 20 games for the Moore incident. 

Lysiak took 20 for tripping a linesman in 1983, for comparison. 

Edited by Josie914