Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Could replace Gionta next year at half the price. I'm interested.

You don't build your team at the trade deadline.

If you are a contender you try to rent your way over the top and if you are tearing it down to rebuild then you sell whatever you can for picks.

The Sabres are neither right now.

You can definitely build with Teuvo 

Josh Manson in play per SN.

Anaheim D Man, Foligno or Zemgus?

Foligno please.

If you are a contender you try to rent your way over the top and if you are tearing it down to rebuild then you sell whatever you can for picks.

You build your team as opportunities present themselves. Shouldn't get locked into a rigid structure of when doing something is appropriate.

Be wary of Teuvo. Second team that sees him as expendable. Skilled but hasn't adapted to NA physicality.

I'm not giving up a ton for him, but he can play a role next year at the right price.

The New York Islanders are talking with teams about

Joshua Ho-Sang, according to a league source.

The... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Trash, damaged goods, punk.  When you have attitude problems the size of this kid, pass!

Lack of rumors is typically a good thing. 

And lack of moves corresponding with those lack of rumors?

Something needs to change somewhere.  The status quo is unacceptable.  I agree with you that the Sabres defy description right now.

I would not trade with those ###############, ########## out of spite.

If the offer is good, and its for a rental, who gives a .  We're not trading them Evander.  Kulikov by metrics, in terms of on ice play has been terrible here.  Anything of Forsbacka Karlsson, 2nd round pick, Lindgren....I'd be all about.  

He's very talented, but he's had attitude problems going back to junior. I'm sorry we don't need this kind of kid, regardless of how good he is. More Swedes/Finns, less arrogant punks ty!

This mindset is always bogus. You always take talented kids even if they have attitude problems. The team that trades those kids always misses out.

You build your team as opportunities present themselves. Shouldn't get locked into a rigid structure of when doing something is appropriate.

Sure, but I am just pointing out the reality of most deadline trades. I can't remember a 'hockey trade' happening on any trade deadline day.

This mindset is always bogus. You always take talented kids even if they have attitude problems. The team that trades those kids always misses out.

At the same time, distractions are distractions.  He's just a headcase.  I like the talent, and he does some nifty things.  

The Kane ... deal happened a few weeks prior to the deadline and I would not count it as a deadline deal.

As for the second trade you mentioned ...

:w00t:

... that's all I have to say on that one.

the Kane deal was definitely a deadline deal. just because it didn't happen the day of doesn't mean it wasn't deadline influenced 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.