Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Dreger: Wasn't formal offer, but I think #Coyotes at time were offering a pick and perhaps Duclair for Hamilton. #Flames weren't interested.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-news-calgary-flames-dougie-hamilton-colorado-avalanche-gabriel-landeskog-out-and-more/

If Chayka wants Hamilton, I want Hamilton

If Calgary is ready to trade Hamilton, that means there are 2 franchises that have gotten a close look at him and decided to move on. 

He's got 3 more years after this one at $5.75MM per year. 

Buyer beware.

TBF though, look at those franchises gms. Brian Burke, and Don Sweeney? The same Sweeney that shelled out money for Backes on an absurd term, but waved goodbye to Eriksson? Eriksson got 6 x $36M, Backes got 5 x $30M. Backes is 32, Eriksson is 31

Not great contracts either way, but I don't really value Sweeney's judgement in anything.

Good GMs don't subscribe to this train of thought. You value the chip as is, not what you once thought it was

I think it's more what you perceive that it will be.

Not disagreeing with you exactly, but Erikson has been bad out here, and his contract is particularly painful for a Vancouver team that is a long way from being good.

Edited by dudacek

hnnng yes. Duchene on that top line with ROR and Okposo? 

1st, Baptise, Kane get us close?

Whew that's tough to digest but it ain't gonna be cheap. How bout a 1st, two seconds, Baptiste and Kane for Duchene and...Nikita Zadorov. Return to Glory :-)

Which one do you take, Duchene or Landeskog?

Landeskog. I love love love love love the fit of Landeskog on Eichel's LW, and it frees up Nylander to play with ROR and Okposo, adding some pure finish on that line.

Nylander-O'Reilly-Okposo

Landeskog-Eichel-Reinhart

Droooooooooool. Don't think we have the assets to pull it off without Nylander going back the other way though :(

Duchene's speed with ROR and KO would be absolutely devastating. 

ROR-Duchene-Okposo

Nylander-Eichel-Reinhart

Nylander and Jack, in the preseason for a game or two, was awesome and I can't wait to see them play together. The speed and skill in this top six is ridiculous.

Landeskog is slower, but would be like an elite Zemgus, making space and being a wrecking ball while also finishing skill plays and scoring regularly on feeds from Jack and Sam, getting Nylander ice time with those two forechecking demons. 

Either guy would be a huge add, and would cost us way too much, most likely. I'd love either on this team.

Landeskog. I love love love love love the fit of Landeskog on Eichel's LW, and it frees up Nylander to play with ROR and Okposo, adding some pure finish on that line.

Nylander-O'Reilly-Okposo

Landeskog-Eichel-Reinhart

Droooooooooool. Don't think we have the assets to pull it off without Nylander going back the other way though :(

Exactly. We ain't getting him unless Nylander, Reinhart or Risto go the other way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.