Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

My memory is that he basically lost his mind when the Sabres were slow out of the gate this season.

That is correct, but what did him in was the way he reacted to the locking of the threads with unclear titles back in November 2015.

Even stated a thread about it that was the final showdown.

Travis Yost from TSN was on WGR and was talking about how the market for Drouin had quieted down and that The Blues were the team most mentioned as destination for him. Yost mentioned that the Sabres would be a good fit and that TBL would be looking for a solid D Man to solidify their 3-4 pairing. His suggestion was Pysyk and 2017 1st for Drouin and a conditional pick.

Thoughts?

Travis Yost from TSN was on WGR and was talking about how the market for Drouin had quieted down and that The Blues were the team most mentioned as destination for him. Yost mentioned that the Sabres would be a good fit and that TBL would be looking for a solid D Man to solidify their 3-4 pairing. His suggestion was Pysyk and 2017 1st for Drouin and a conditional pick.

Thoughts?

If I can get another 1st for McGinn, I'd use that one. I'd be a tad torn unless we can get a similar D-man elsewhere

Thoughts?

Even though I'd like to be in the playoffs next year, I think we'll still be a bubble team. If that first was lottery protected then maybe, but even then I'm not sure anymore. A few weeks ago I would have said yes though, with the pick being lottery protected

Thoughts?

No thanks.  I just don't believe Drouin is that good.  The Sabres are thin on defense and trading away another defender, especially a young one with talent, is a huge mistake.

Speculation this morning is that the Senators are the leaders for Drouin now.

Would help explain the Phaneuf move a little bit

By the way, once again, the Oilers are at the bottom, and once again they've failed to address the same issues they've had for years. They failed at getting Phaneuf and Big Buff, and I'm not sure who's left to target. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE

I can't wait for the blockbuster Edmonton pulls off, either at the deadline or the draft. Gonna be a great discussion 

Edited by WildCard

Is Nichushkin available? It would appear so:

Dallas Morning News beat writer Mike Heika threw an interesting name into the trade mix when he suggested the Stars would be willing to move the talented Valeri Nichushkin in a blockbuster. The Stars could use additional experience on defense, and dangling Nichushkin should get the attention of other general managers. The problem is that he's not the kind of player you deal for a rental, and there aren't many nonrental defensemen available.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14756466/nhl-central-division-buyers-sellers-trade-deadline

Edited by WildCard

Thoughts?

I would pull the trigger on that trade in a heartbeat.

No thanks.  I just don't believe Drouin is that good.  The Sabres are thin on defense and trading away another defender, especially a young one with talent, is a huge mistake.

Agree.

The latest on Okposo is that the Isles will keep him for the rest of the year making him a free agent. I'd like to see GMTM try to sign him. 4/$5.5 or something like that. Would that get it done? He's a still young , proven NHL player with some snarl and finish, instant upgrade.

The latest on Okposo is that the Isles will keep him for the rest of the year making him a free agent. I'd like to see GMTM try to sign him. 4/$5.5 or something like that. Would that get it done? He's a still young , proven NHL player with some snarl and finish, instant upgrade.

I'm guessing he gets a lot more than 5.5M per and for more than 4 years elsewhere.

Depending on how really good Drouin is and I can only go by prior scouting reports, Pysyk, next years #1 and you have a deal with me. I'm speculating next years #1 isn't going to be as high as this years and Pysyk (I do like him but) is only a 3rd pairing Dman, you have to do that deal.

I really would love this signing. He hasn't been discussed on here enough this year.

I really would love this signing. He hasn't been discussed on here enough this year.

I never, ever, remember he's a pending UFA. I may be more interested in him than Boedker.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.