Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

You think Montreal wants McGinn? 

Nashville and Florida might. He's the perfect player the Pens have been missing for years, but they won't go near him

Very tempting.  And the Habs can't have given up on the playoffs yet.

I think they have. They're already listening for offers on Weise, Fleischmanm, and Gilbert

http://thehockeywriters.com/montreal-listening-to-offers-on-fleischmann-weise-and-gilbert/

Nashville and Florida might. He's the perfect player the Pens have been missing for years, but they won't go near him

I think they have. They're already listening for offers on Weise, Fleischmanm, and Gilbert

http://thehockeywriters.com/montreal-listening-to-offers-on-fleischmann-weise-and-gilbert/

Price is skating again and they're only six out.  And that man can steal a series or two.  I think it's a mistake if they're selling.

EDIT:  Wait, your source is a Garrioch article?   it, they're trading for McGinn, Jagr, and probably Corey Perry.

Edited by Eleven

Price is skating again and they're only six out.  And that man can steal a series or two.  I think it's a mistake if they're selling.

EDIT:  Wait, your source is a Garrioch article?  ###### it, they're trading for McGinn, Jagr, and probably Corey Perry.

So, Garrioch is no good? I honestly don't know

Price has been skating, but have you seen him skate? It's really, really painful. They're only 6 out because they've fallen so far. They're Sabres-era-Tank bad. Worse, even

Price is skating again and they're only six out. And that man can steal a series or two. I think it's a mistake if they're selling.

EDIT: Wait, your source is a Garrioch article? ###### it, they're trading for McGinn, Jagr, and probably Corey Perry.

price is skating.......

Without pads and apparently looks like he is in pain. They have already said he is not near returning and many wonder if they should just shut him down til next year. If they dont start Winning without him now, they are done cause by the time he is close to coming back they will be in a fight for the bottom spot

The Sabres aren't going to get a #1 for any of their rentals unless they include at least a #3.

I don't disagree.  But Gorges has 2 years left on his deal (or is it only one?).  So he's not exactly just a rental.  With the way the Dman trade market seems to be potentially drying up I would think he has more trade value then McGinn.

You wouldn't trade McGinn plus a #3 for a #1? 

Yes, please.

So, Garrioch is no good? 

PA said it there: He is hated almost irrationally by many Sabre fans because he was a smug pr1ck about the Neil hit on Drury.

I'll own that. All those years later, I think I'd still punch his stupid fat fu#*ing face, given the chance.

I don't remember this at all.  Oh well.

Neither did I, but the link took us to a thread he started and I was able to click on his profile and found the exchange with SDS.

A mod must have locked his profile after that, since it's dead now. I was surprised that I was able to get to his profile, since they are blocked after a banning.

Since the profile is locked now I won't lead anyone to the exchange with SDS.

The Sabres aren't going to get a #1 for any of their rentals unless they include at least a #3.

The question this year is whether the rental market has gone down a notch, as is the prevailing wisdom three weeks away from the Feb. 29 trade deadline.

"There's no chance you're seeing first-round picks go out for rental players this year," one Western Conference hockey executive said Tuesday. "Those days are over."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14747400/prices-rental-players-trade-deadline

sickinfla was okay, wasn't he?

a little strident at times, but i remember good content too.

My memory is that he basically lost his mind when the Sabres were slow out of the gate this season.

See, everyone thinks I'm the mean one, but others are much more dangerous.

I'm not sure whether to let you have this one or mock you for being mean, yet impotent :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.