Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

TSN's trade deadline preview/breakdown for each team:

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mondaymustread-a-look-at-every-team-s-needs-wants-and-wishes-1.438334

Not a ton of good details. Says of the Sabres that Ennis and McGinn are drawing interest. Could deal Franson, Legwand and Johnson.

Suggests Scott Hartnell back to Nashville could be a fit. Hamhuis may fit with Washington. Vancouver is trying to trade Burrows. Florida is targeting Ladd.

Edited by Hoss

TSN's trade deadline preview/breakdown for each team:

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mondaymustread-a-look-at-every-team-s-needs-wants-and-wishes-1.438334

Not a ton of good details. Says of the Sabres that Ennis and McGinn are drawing interest. Could deal Franson, Legwand and Johnson.

Suggests Scott Hartnell back to Nashville could be a fit. Hamhuis may fit with Washington. Vancouver is trying to trade Burrows. Florida is targeting Ladd.

CHICAGO

Top priority: First-line left winger

Scoop: GM Stan Bowman is believed to be on the prowl for a top line component to play with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa.

Can you imagine Ennis on that line?  It would be sick.

The only reason I can find to release a statement is to make Stamkos happy. Seems a little bit desperate.

Just my opinion.

The other reason would be to eliminate the distraction. He is being asked about it at every stop that cares about hockey. In addition, its a statement to the team and the fans, we are going for it and if we lose him in July, so be it.

The other reason would be to eliminate the distraction. He is being asked about it at every stop that cares about hockey. In addition, its a statement to the team and the fans, we are going for it and if we lose him in July, so be it.

I feel like just telling the team that would be plenty, though.

Just telling the team that doesn't stop reporters from annoying Stamkos.

The very next time anybody asks anybody on the team about it they simply answer "Yzerman informed the team he will not be traded."

I don't think the media is as much of a distraction to actual teams when the players within the room know what's being reported is false.

Edited by Hoss

The very next time anybody asks anybody on the team about it they simply answer "Yzerman informed the team he will not be traded."

I don't think the media is as much of a distraction to actual teams when the players within the room know what's being reported is false.

And the functional difference between what Y did and what you propose is zero. All Y did was skip the middleman.

Y made a smart move, acknowledge and move on.

Supposed insider on another website, who posters seem to respect, says the Sabres in trade talks involving Franson, Larsson and Foligno. The latter two would be surprises to me. Take it for what it's worth.

The latter two don't surprise me at all. Never really got the sense that either of them have a future here

Supposed insider on another website, who posters seem to respect, says the Sabres in trade talks involving Franson, Larsson and Foligno. The latter two would be surprises to me. Take it for what it's worth.

The cool thing about Larsson and Foligno being mentioned is that sounds like a hockey trade, not a deadline sale. I'm all about making deadline day more fun.

I didn't read the three as a package, but if they were, would that get us a good young LD from a team strong on D, but needing some grit and depth up front for the playoffs?

I'd be surprised if a playoff team reduced their defensive depth heading into the playoffs. Would have to be a prospect coming back, or more likely, a deal with a non playoff team.

One of Anaheim's LHDs is my dream

And they fit that description

I really think a trade with Anaheim makes a ton of sense. Unfortunately, our best asset for such a deal I think is Ennis (cost controlled top-6 player), but with his year it's hard to say what his value is. Girgensons probably makes a lot of sense, but he's on a down year too. Bleh.

One of Anaheim's LHDs is my dreamAnd they fit that description

I'd be surprised if a playoff team reduced their defensive depth heading into the playoffs. Would have to be a prospect coming back, or more likely, a deal with a non playoff team.

I really think a trade with Anaheim makes a ton of sense. Unfortunately, our best asset for such a deal I think is Ennis (cost controlled top-6 player), but with his year it's hard to say what his value is. Girgensons probably makes a lot of sense, but he's on a down year too. Bleh.

To follow the Anaheim lead, Franson for Shea Theodore actually improves the Ducks veteran depth on the back line.

I think the Ducks would have to throw in something to balance the Foligno Larsson parts up, but there are definitely pieces to work with.

Edited by dudacek

Seems to me like Yzerman understands Stamkos is going to enter free agency and just announced it in another way by saying he won't be traded.  What that also tells me is that an impact full enough draft pick isn't being offered.  I'm thinking that the funds they can appropriate in their own free agency for the 7.5 million they pay Stamkos is more attractive then what they're being offered in a trade.  It could be that these players are a combination of not what they want in terms of the contract vs value they inherit or that the players will be soon to be free agents as well.

Some might say but you won't get anything if you don't trade him - but to me they get a playoff run - and free up funds to build in free agency on their own. 

The more I think about Franson/Theodore, Girgs or Reinhart fills the Larsson hole at Centre, Fasching and Bailey skates into the open forward spots.

Foligno and Larsson are young enough and cost-controlled enough that the Ducks can add a second or a Bailey-esque prospect.

We pay a lot for a prospect but Theodore fits our need perfectly.

Both teams get better relative to where they are, $ work.

It think we have something here boys. It's a hockey trade.

Call the Murrays.

Edited by dudacek

I thought the Ducks needed offense? Not a couple of 3rd line grinders. They're also going to need a center to replace Kessler. IMO Larsson and Foligno fetch little or nothing from them. A more likely destination for them? As a package? I really don't think they go as a package, too similar in roles. If they're going anywhere, it's for a picks/prospects or a player of relative merit

Also, I really, really, really don't want Girgs as DD's 3rd line center. He's 2nd line wing until DD sees him for what he is

What about Dallas? I don't j is much about their forward depth, but they have a log jam at defense last time I checked

Not saying the Ducks don't need another scorer, but I don't see players of Foligno and Larsson's age and style on that team. They would help now and later.

It's not like the Sabres would be prying one of their key guys away.

Edited by dudacek

To follow the Anaheim lead, Franson for Shea Theodore actually improves the Ducks veteran depth on the back line.

I think the Ducks would have to throw in something to balance the Foligno Larsson parts up, but there are definitely pieces to work with.

Woah woah woah, no. Larsson, Foligno and Franson isn't even enough for Theodore.

Woah woah woah, no. Larsson, Foligno and Franson isn't even enough for Theodore.

I'd be torn value wise due to fact it'd be an all in style move and logic goes out the window in that case.

The thing is they'd not want to give Theo up since they are likely to lose a Dman due to money since both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFAs while Depres gets a 2.8mil raise. 

Three NHL players for a good but not elite prospect?

Or do you think Theodore is more Risto than Pysyk?

Franson alone was traded for the equivalent of Theodore (late first) less than a year ago.

Three NHL players for a good but not elite prospect?

Or do you think Theodore is more Risto than Pysyk?

Franson alone was traded for the equivalent of Theodore (late first) less than a year ago.

A late first isn't the equivalent of Theodore. Values of picks change almost immediately after their first camp with a team (see Hudson Fasching - a fourth traded for McNabb and two seconds the year he was drafted).

Foligno has little value. Franson has little value. Larsson has little value. It's scraps from a bad team for a good prospect on a good team who has tough cap management coming for their back end.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.