Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I've said it before, I would like to see Bernier here, I think that getting out of Toronto would do him some good and he could give Lehner a run for the starting job. I know it won't happen cause Murray chose Lehner and that's his guy....

Bernier is giving AHL-level goaltending this season and was way below average last season (30th in the league). But you'd still like to see him here because he's your guy. Kind of amusing to see you doing the very thing you've been ripping Murray for re: Lehner.

I have a new plan for Moulson: give him the Hodgson/Phaneuf treatment. Huge offensive opportunity, completely sheltered on defense, best linemates we can give him. Pump up that offensive production and trade him baby!

No, I don't think it would work. But it's time to try, dammit!

Yes, this is 100% inspired by Toronto somehow trading Phaneuf without retaining salary or taking back a similarly bad contract. Unreal.

I have a new plan for Moulson: give him the Hodgson/Phaneuf treatment. Huge offensive opportunity, completely sheltered on defense, best linemates we can give him. Pump up that offensive production and trade him baby!

No, I don't think it would work. But it's time to try, dammit!

Yes, this is 100% inspired by Toronto somehow trading Phaneuf without retaining salary or taking back a similarly bad contract. Unreal.

But Phaneuf is still a real NHL player.  He plays over 22 min per game, is on a 40-pt pace, produces a respectable number of SOG and hits, and still serves as an intimidator on D.  Moulson, OTOH, would not be in the NHL at this point if not for his contract.

Might have our second d trade of the day:

Hearing that #oilers Justin Schultz being scratch tonight vs #devils might be trade related. #tvasports

Wow, Buff, Phaneuf and Schultz all off the market within a couple of days.  Buff really was holding up the trade market.  This must increase the value of any available Dmen.  If Gorges could be had for a 1st, we move him right?

Wow, Buff, Phaneuf and Schultz all off the market within a couple of days.  Buff really was holding up the trade market.  This must increase the value of any available Dmen.  If Gorges could be had for a 1st, we move him right?

The Sabres aren't going to get a #1 for any of their rentals unless they include at least a #3.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.