Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I highly doubt Ennis is out for the season. Concussions are rarely season ending.

The longer it goes on, the more likely it becomes. If he's been out this long, it indicates something severe and persistent. Not good.

If he's not skating soon after the All-Star break, I'd place even odds that he's done for the season.

The longer it goes on, the more likely it becomes. If he's been out this long, it indicates something severe and persistent. Not good.

If he's not skating soon after the All-Star break, I'd place even odds that he's done for the season.

I saw a video that the Sabres put on Facebook, hinting at a team skills competition. It was up earlier this week I believe, and Ennis was a participant in some of the clips, dressed just like the rest of them, and it was strange. I'm assuming they must have filmed it a while ago if he was skating fine, but the way it was presented made it seem like something recent and I don't think they've actually showed a video with the full competition (I could be wrong, I haven't had a lot of time to look into things like that because of school)

I saw a video that the Sabres put on Facebook, hinting at a team skills competition. It was up earlier this week I believe, and Ennis was a participant in some of the clips, dressed just like the rest of them, and it was strange. I'm assuming they must have filmed it a while ago if he was skating fine, but the way it was presented made it seem like something recent and I don't think they've actually showed a video with the full competition (I could be wrong, I haven't had a lot of time to look into things like that because of school)

This was filmed awhile ago, Ennis is not even skating by himself as of last week.

Maybe I'm unnecessarily down on Schultz but he's never really impressed me. I would not want to part with any of our young D for him.

Everything I've read about Schultz indicates he's pretty awful.

Schultz is bad, and Lindholm is a bit better than Sami but totally unobtainable IMO. I like Vatanen but if he's a righty like implied by BRAWNDO then I have less interest in looking for a way to obtain him

Yea if we're targeting Anaheim, it'd realistically Fowler or bust. Can't imagine we can pry anyone else away, and even Fowler may be a stretch (a healthy Ennis having a nice season would help).

LeBrun: "From the sources I've spoken to, #LAKings have already indicated their interest" in Dustin Byfuglien to #NHLJets.

Hot damn, now that would be a trade. I have no clue what LA con offer in return, especially considering Toffoli and Muzzin aren't going anywhere

That was my first thought as well. No clue how LA pulls it off. Further, I have even less of any idea how they afford him of the goal is to keep him long term.

What will Buff command, $5-6m/year? They have $6.5 coming off in Lucic (UFA), $1.5m off in Ehrhoff (UFA), and $3.35m off in Schenn (UFA). Still, all that combined barely covers the $7m increase in Kopitar, and not too mention Toffoli who turns RFA next year, and McNabb who is RFA this year. I think pi is right though, McNabb likely goes to the Jets (huge mistake by Winnipeg there, but they'll know that eventually). And I don't know what Lecavlier is doing yet, he currently has a $3m hit for next year

Edited by WildCard

What will Buff command, $5-6m/year? They have $6.5 coming off in Lucic (UFA), $1.5m off in Ehrhoff (UFA), and $3.35m off in Schenn (UFA). Still, all that combined barely covers the $7m increase in Kopitar, and not too mention Toffoli who turns RFA next year, and McNabb who is RFA this year. I think pi is right though, McNabb likely goes to the Jets (huge mistake by Winnipeg there, but they'll know that eventually). And I don't know what Lecavlier is doing yet, he currently has a $3m hit for next year

I can't see Buff getting less than Phaneuf. He's better at everything. I was also assuming a Lucic extension, but who knows on that. Obviously they need to get Dustin Brown addicted to Oxy and terminate him.

I can't see Buff getting less than Phaneuf. He's better at everything. I was also assuming a Lucic extension, but who knows on that. Obviously they need to get Dustin Brown addicted to Oxy and terminate him.

Outstanding  :lol:

I honestly don't understand why they just haven't bought his ass out yet

Outstanding :lol:

I honestly don't understand why they just haven't bought his ass out yet

Probably just don't think it's worth it long term. He's still good for 30-35 points, so while he's grossly overpaid, he's not Leino either. If they buy him out, he'll cost $1.8 million until 2028 (!!!!), and they'll have to replace his production, which would probably cost most of the $3 million in cap savings. Better to just grit their teeth and be done with him in 2022, unless his play falls off another cliff. Edited by TrueBlueGED

Probably just don't think it's worth it long term. He's still good for 30-35 points, so while he's grossly overpaid, he's not Leino either. If they buy him out, he'll cost $1.8 million until 2028 (!!!!), and they'll have to replace his production, which would probably cost most of the $3 million in cap savings. Better to just grit their teeth and be done with him in 2022, unless his play falls off another cliff.

That's......absurd. That's just beyond absurd. How the hell could LA ever even think of handing out that contract? Jesus

Oh, and, rumors!

- Oilers could have at least 6 players moved at the deadline (###### yeah)

- Leafs considering keeping Reimer.

- At least a year until the NHL moves on expansion (edited)

- NJ not willing to make 'win-now' moves

- MacKinnon contract affected by Barkov's

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-feb-2-expansion-oilers-maple-leafs-and-more/

Edited by WildCard

I read that somewhere a couple of weeks ago, Buying out Dustin brown looks really bad.   Atleast murray knew what he was doing with moulsons contract, buying moulson out doesn't hurt so much.

That's......absurd. That's just beyond absurd. How the hell could LA ever even think of handing out that contract? Jesus

Oh, and, rumors!

- Oilers could have at least 6 players moved at the deadline (###### yeah)

- Leafs considering keeping Reimer.

- At least a year until the NHL decides on expansion

- NJ not willing to make 'win-now' moves

- MacKinnon contract affected by Barkov's

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-feb-2-expansion-oilers-maple-leafs-and-more/

Don't know about that, barkov signed pretty cheap, don't they have a nice tax excemption in florida ?

That seems like an edge that most teams won't have.

Again, fact checking WildCard's rumor roundup: the link does NOT say it will take the league at least a year to decide on expansion. It says that the teams will need a year to "get the ball rolling" after a decision is made...

"I've always said the earliest we would expand is '17-18 and whatever we do the clubs need at least a full year," Commissioner Bettman said. "As long as there is at least a year lead time, we could make '17-18, but if we don't make '17-18 we don't make '17-18."

Enroth, McNabb and McBain

Not worth Buff, IMO. 

He was joking you hoser.

I'd guess $7.5MM per year and I wouldn't be shocked if it gets to $8MM. 

I was listening to a hockey podcast hosted by a pretty knowledgeable Kings fan recently and he said the working assumption is that Lucic is gone and that the Kings aren't going to try to keep him (for cap reasons -- they like his play but can't afford to keep him).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.