Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

• 5 weeks later...

As we approach the end of the season, this probably should be bumped up.

Word out of Denver is that Duchene and or Landeskog are on the trade market.

I'd guess Duchene just because he and Roy seem at odds.

Maybe we can send them Pysyk, 10th overall, and a 2017 2nd for him :) Afterall we got O'Reilly cheap. 

If that worked, it'd be rather ironic wouldn't it. Seeing as O'Reilly and Duchene had a falling out due to the contract stuff then eventually made up briefly before ROR left. 

Granted I'd rather use the pick(being higher) or acquire a #2 Dman for Risto 

Where're you seeing this?

Yeah.  Where?

Mike Chambers of the Denver Post wrote this on Sunday:

Is the Duchene/Roy relationship headed toward divorce?Duchene was briefly on the trade block early in the season, after a slow start. But he was the team’s only All-Star and now he has 30 goals, the best production of his career, and he’s only 25. As I’ve previously said, Duchene is our go-to guy in the room. Always honest and sincere. A great professional. A class act. Never seen him NOT work his tail off. Duchene would be the last Avalanche player I would trade. I know there’s many people out there who disagree. But let’s agree to disagree and give me the benefit of the doubt for knowing some things about the guy. A 30-goal scorer and high character are hard to come by. I think Roy should repair this relationship and concede that the celebration was a natural reaction to scoring a goal — and spoiling a shutout and getting a milestone goal. Obviously, if GM Joe Sakic takes Roy’s side, Duchene might be gone.

Just more of the same speculation over his relationship with Roy. It's been exclusively fan-driven talk from what I've heard/read, but I guess you could say this is a more prominent figure giving wind to the rumors. 

As long as Roy is in Colorado (and as long as they have the right personnel), the 'Lanche are the first (second and third) team to deal with when it comes to making trades.

I read on the Twitter this morning about how Roy went on a rant about he needs (an infusion of?) his kinds of guys on the team. Obviously, GM TM is not going to acquire players that don't fit what he's trying to build, but, man -- trade with Colorado, if at all possible. A lunatic is running the asylum.

Mike Chambers of the Denver Post wrote this on Sunday:

Just more of the same speculation over his relationship with Roy. It's been exclusively fan-driven talk from what I've heard/read, but I guess you could say this is a more prominent figure giving wind to the rumors. 

Interesting.

Landeskog-Eichel-Reinhart

Kane-ROR-Fasching/Bailey/???

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

Desi-???-???

Fowler-Risto

McCabe-Bogo

???-Nelson

Odd Men Out: Girgensons, Moulson, Ennis, Gorges, Franson, Pysyk, 

Girgensons + Pysyk + 2nd for Landeskog

Ennis + ??? for Fowler

Sign Legwand to another one year deal and move one of Bailey/Fasching to the fourth line to round out the offense. Defense still needs work.

As long as Roy is in Colorado (and as long as they have the right personnel), the 'Lanche are the first (second and third) team to deal with when it comes to making trades.

I read on the Twitter this morning about how Roy went on a rant about he needs (an infusion of?) his kinds of guys on the team. Obviously, GM TM is not going to acquire players that don't fit what he's trying to build, but, man -- trade with Colorado, if at all possible. A lunatic is running the asylum.

This is where I'm at. I'm not even a big Duchene fan, but to insinuate he's a bigger problem than the coach is lunacy...although to be fair, I wouldn't expect Roy to come out and call himself incompetent :lol:

This is where I'm at. I'm not even a big Duchene fan, but to insinuate he's a bigger problem than the coach is lunacy...although to be fair, I wouldn't expect Roy to come out and call himself incompetent :lol:

If Sakic thinks that Roy as a coach is a more valuable commodity than a player like Duchene (about whom I know little other than his age and production levels), well, then, Sakic is a confirmed idiot (and maybe I'm made less sad that we don't have a hockey guy as a president of hockey ops).

From Roy

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/06/roy-unacceptable-avs-missed-playoffs-our-core-needs-to-show-more-leadership/

Adrian Dater who despite his faults has a good relationship with Sakic

I do believe there will be a substantial trade involving either 9, 92, 4 or 1

Duchene, Landeskog, Tyson Barrie and Varlarmov. Any of the first three would be a welcome addition to the Sabres.

From Roy

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/06/roy-unacceptable-avs-missed-playoffs-our-core-needs-to-show-more-leadership/

Duchene, Landeskog, Tyson Barrie and Varlarmov. Any of the first three would be a welcome addition to the Sabres.

Varlamov can go jump off a bridge. But the rest of em, sure. 

From Roy

I don't know much about Barrie.   What can you all tell me about him?

Zemgus sounds like the player that would fit the Avs System perfectly

Roy can get out of Zemgus what Nolan did?

I don't know much about Barrie.   What can you all tell me about him?

I've read it here that he's prone to turnovers. (I too know nothing about him.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.