Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Loving this deadline.  The trades are scattered and I think there is a lot of patience on the part of Murray who can either move McGinn or keep him.  He does not have to get rid of him.  I wouldn't doubt for a moment that he's told McGinn he'll try to get him to a solid contender, that he wants McGinn back next year and if the trade this year doesn't materialize he'd just sign him after the deadline for next year.

Right now it feels like some of the selling GM's are holding out to see who gets desperate to match a move made by someone else.  Chicago went out and set everyone straight.  What does Nashville and/or St. Louis do in response?

It's going to be a fun day tomorrow.

Per Jimmy Murphy, writes for a Bruins Blog.

Just confirmed that Ducks and Lightning indeed deep in talks surrounding Drouin and "likely" Vatanen. #Ducks #Lightning

This is what I don't understand.  Anaheim is a good team.  They could win their division; they certainly will make the playoffs.  Why ruin a good thing by trading a player who is working out for them for one who might not?

This is what I don't understand.  Anaheim is a good team.  They could win their division; they certainly will make the playoffs.  Why ruin a good thing by trading a player who is working out for them for one who might not?

Agree. If those are the main pieces there has to something else in that trade, or another one coming.

Vatanen for Drouin makes the Ducks much worse this year.

Per Jimmy Murphy, writes for a Bruins Blog.

Just confirmed that Ducks and Lightning indeed deep in talks surrounding Drouin and "likely" Vatanen. #Ducks #Lightning

Bleh. If the Ducks trade one of their defensemen now, I feel that takes a lot of steam outta my Fowler dream. May even kill it entirely.

Agree. If those are the main pieces there has to something else in that trade, or another one coming.

Vatanen for Drouin makes the Ducks much worse this year.

Maybe. What if Drouin plays to his considerable ability?

This is what I don't understand. Anaheim is a good team. They could win their division; they certainly will make the playoffs. Why ruin a good thing by trading a player who is working out for them for one who might not?

They are heavily loaded on D and have Shea Theodore ready to come up, That being said Drouin was horrendous in his defensive zone in the playoffs and actually cost Tampa some goals against, would the Ducks want to run the same risk in the Playoffs.

I would think this would be an offseason move for the Ducks

This is what I don't understand. Anaheim is a good team. They could win their division; they certainly will make the playoffs. Why ruin a good thing by trading a player who is working out for them for one who might not?

Same dude also tweeted out that Vatanen wants $6 million x6. On a mid-cap team that also has to re-sign Lindholm and could use some forward help, well, there ya go.

Montoya the backup goalie for the Panthers, was hit in the head and is now out for the game, with a possible concussion. A new trade destination for Johnson perhaps?

Same dude also tweeted out that Vatanen wants $6 million x6. On a mid-cap team that also has to re-sign Lindholm and could use some forward help, well, there ya go.

This is why I wouldn't want the Sabres in on this. Risto will command around the same as Vatanen, and with Bogo's Contract that would be around 17 million per year for RHD.

On second thought this would be a good reason to trade Bogo.

Ducks for cover

This is why I wouldn't want the Sabres in on this. Risto will command around the same as Vatanen, and with Bogo's Contract that would be around 17 million per year for RHD.

On second thought this would be a good reason to trade Bogo.

Ducks for cover

Ducking for cover will not save you. Follow me. I have created a "trade Bogo" bunker because I think we need something safer than a bandwagon. Besides, I think we're all alone on this anyway :lol: Edited by TrueBlueGED

After what you've seen from Drouin so far, would you be betting your Stanley Cup ring on it?

No, no I would not. But despite their ridonkulous hot streak right now, I'm not convinced the Ducks have one to bet. If the Drouin deal is now or never, and they don't think they can keep Vatanen, there's some logic there. I wouldn't love it for them for this year's run, but I'd understand it in the grand scheme.

This is how I picture the path to the Bogo Bunker

We may be even less prepared! :lol:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Girgensons and Franson for Fowler

Man, I forgot Franson was still under contract for another year. Franson, Moulson, Gorges, Gionta...that's ~$16 million next year that could be used on, ahem, better stuff. At least only one of those is a long term obligation.

Craig Custance saying the Brett Connolly trade (two 2nds) might make a decent comparable for Yakupov, although probably optimistic from Edmonton's end. I feel like if a 2+3 or 2+4 gets the job done I'm very interested in rolling the dice. He did have 31 points as a rookie in the short lockout year and he looked like a decent trigger man for McDavid on a short run. Upside is worth it I think.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

It's believed Boston's last offer on Eriksson was 4 yrs, $5.25 mil per. Could be a year or two and just under $1 mil per yr light.

This is something a potential trade partner needs to think about. If Boston is having that much difficulty in re-signing Erickson, they may not get as much as they want in a trade.

Yak's definitely not the type of player I'd take a shot with, he's been the stereotypical lazy Russian thus far in his career. He's extremely inconsistent, and thus doesn't have the points to justify dealing with his shortfalls.

Girgensons and Franson for Fowler

What's with trading Girgs all the time now?

What's Yak's contract situation? I wasn't aware he was that cheap.

If we're throwing 2nds on gambles though, why not just take Skinner?

I'm thinking Skinner really is a bigger gamble with the concussion issues. Can't imagine him playing long term honestly.

What's Yak's contract situation? I wasn't aware he was that cheap.

If we're throwing 2nds on gambles though, why not just take Skinner?

Yakupov is under contract for $2.5 million through next season. RFA afterwards.

Why not Skinner? First, financial obligations. 3 more years at $5.7 million and a UFA after. Second, acquisition cost. Think Carolina is going to trade him for a couple mid-round picks? I don't.

Edit: If Yakupov really is being fire saled, I think it's a no-brainer roll of the dice. But I'm certainly not willing to give something significant for him.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.