Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Me too, and I have a feeling that there won't be a buyer for CJ.

I'd say it's 90% likely that McGinn gets traded today, Franson and CJ are both around 50%, Foligno and Larsson are around 25% and a bigger name like Zemgus around 10%.

This sounds right to me.  The others I would put a lower % chance then you have.

I'm expecting next to nothing to happen today but I've still got the thrill of the unknown to ride out for the next 5 hours or so.

Come one Tim!!  #Girgs4Fowler

This sounds right to me. The others I would put a lower % chance then you have.

I'm expecting next to nothing to happen today but I've still got the thrill of the unknown to ride out for the next 5 hours or so.

Come one Tim!! #Girgs4Fowler

I'd expect no Sabres moves reported before ~1PM & then only 2-4 Sabres moves total. Draft day should be far more interesting. Edited by Taro T

Yeah.  His value is also infinitely greater to the Sabres than other organ-eye-zations.  Not sure why or when it was decided he's on the trade block. 

I think comes from the fact that the Sabres have, god help me, almost to many centers. O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhardt, Girgensons. I don't subscribe to that theory, and would rather the Rhinos play on a line together, and keep Girgs on Eichels wing, but I think people see Larsson as a tradeable commodity because of that. Personally, Larry is my ideal version of a third line center.

I think comes from the fact that the Sabres have, god help me, almost to many centers. O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhardt, Girgensons. I don't subscribe to that theory, and would rather the Rhinos play on a line together, and keep Girgs on Eichels wing, but I think people see Larsson as a tradeable commodity because of that. Personally, Larry is my ideal version of a third line center.

I don't care if they have 15 centers. Better than the 0 we carried for all too long.

I think it has more to do with him being a Darcy player and someone people viewed as perpetually not likely to make the roster. 

I don't think anything is going to happen today unless it is what has come to be referred to as a "hockey trade."

(As if they would be trading basketball players.)

EDIT:  I mean with respect to the Sabres,

Edited by Eleven

If a team is looking to trade for Kris Russell and eventually sign him, look at Jeff Petry's 6-year, $33 million deal as a comparable.

Good god! If Kris Russell thinks he can get that much money (let alone if somebody actually pays him that), what on Earth is Keith Yandle going to command this summer?

I don't think anything is going to happen today unless it is what has come to be referred to as a "hockey trade."

(As if they would be trading basketball players.)

Well, we also hear about "good hockey goals." 

We know what this means, though, yeah? A hockey trade involves some level of each team meeting identified needs based on player-personnel analyses. A non-hockey trade is just dumping a pending UFA for an asset (a draft pick).

Well, we also hear about "good hockey goals." 

We know what this means, though, yeah? A hockey trade involves some level of each team meeting identified needs based on player-personnel analyses. A non-hockey trade is just dumping a pending UFA for an asset (a draft pick).

Ugh yes we do.

Since every interesting trade was made before today, maybe we should spend our time brainstorming new ideas to replace the "hockey trade" phraseology. I feel like "current roster trade" doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Let's call a trade a trade and a UFA dump, just that.

Since every interesting trade was made before today, maybe we should spend our time brainstorming new ideas to replace the "hockey trade" phraseology. I feel like "current roster trade" doesn't have much of a ring to it.

How about *our worst contract for your worst contract*?

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet  4m4 minutes ago

Told, as of this hour, the Oilers are close to absolutely nothing. #NHLTrade

This works on so many levels :lol:

Son of a bitch, Edmonton is going to let me down, aren't they?  :angry: 

Oh, I miss the good ol' days.

Right?  I've been up for seven hours already!

7 hours? Jesus man, there is no way I could be doing that.

Edited by WildCard

I have a feeling a lot of Sabres fans expecting big things today are going to be sorely disappointed. After last year's remake of the whole roster in the few weeks around deadline day, today I'm thinking all we will see is trading away UFA's like Chad Johnson and McGinn for a few picks. Nothing to see here.

I think that's what most of us expect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.