Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Yakupov is under contract for $2.5 million through next season. RFA afterwards.

Why not Skinner? First, financial obligations. 3 more years at $5.7 million and a UFA after. Second, acquisition cost. Think Carolina is going to trade him for a couple mid-round picks? I don't.

That contract sounds perfect for our situation.

Carolina would probably want 2017 1st + for Skinner. I thought it was reported on here earlier though that Skinner was being shopped for some absurdly cheap price

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

It's believed Boston's last offer on Eriksson was 4 yrs, $5.25 mil per. Could be a year or two and just under $1 mil per yr light.

This is something a potential trade partner needs to think about. If Boston is having that much difficulty in re-signing Erickson, they may not get as much as they want in a trade.

Well, I can scratch Eriksson off my UFA want list. That's a term I'm not willing to commit to.

That contract sounds perfect for our situation.

Carolina would probably want 2017 1st + for Skinner. I thought it was reported on here earlier though that Skinner was being shopped for some absurdly cheap price

Yea I mean I hate Skinner with a fiery passion, but I'll usually listen to a true fire sale price for talent. I just didn't get the sense that's what Carolina was doing with him.

Interesting. I'm happy GMTM wasn't willing to overpay for Drouin

I want Drouin...but agreed. Too many questions to pay too hefty of a price.

Girgensons and Franson for Fowler

McGinn would be a perfect fit for anaheim, He would be included into any deal,  but I doubt murray wants to trade away girgensons.

I still think anaheim is looking at ennis + McGinn + franson for Fowler and a prospect or 3rd round pick.

The ennis injury is what is screwing over any deal at the moment, come back at the draft.

Edited by Huckleberry

McGinn would be a perfect fit for anaheim, He would be included into any deal,  but I doubt murray wants to trade away girgensons.

I still think anaheim is looking at ennis + McGinn + franson for Fowler and a prospect or 3rd round pick.

The ennis injury is what is screwing over any deal at the moment, come back at the draft.

Then what becomes of that? Ennis, Franson and?

Ennis hasn't made much progress, as the last reported.  Doubt he's playing again this season.  So unless it's cheap, I don't see that being likely.  More likely at the draft or in the offseason.

I know and was alluding to Huckleberry mentioning a deal at the draft now.

Reto Berra and Alex Stalock. Both capable as temporary backups without giving up a valuable asset. There are other options on the market, too.

Would you really want Stalock or Berra leading your team (the one you just made multiple trades for to go deep into the playoffs) into the playoffs if Luongo got hurt?

No sane GM is going to go into the playoffs with a waiver goaltender when you have the opportunity to pick up a quality backup. Montoya may or may not be OK, he didn't look fine leaving the ice and it's the third time he's been hurt this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.