NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

In looking at some results from that 2012 Combine, it appears Jake McCabe has some good hops, comparatively. First in the long jump and fourth in the vertical. Helluva good grip strength, too.

GO SABRES!!!

I seem to remember Fasching at the 2013. Although Buffalo passed on him in the draft. 

Some Tidbits from the Combine.

Prospects mentioned Pittsburgh and Buffalo were the toughest interviews, while others gave Los Angeles mixed reviews.

The facilities used for the combine have been receiving rave reviews from the NHL

It's OK by me if you start stalking people if it means more insider posts.  :angel:

TM (on combine)-"I think the facility is a big improvement over what we've done before in Toronto"

TM-We rate every interview...basically looking for red flags. A kid that's an average interview isn't going to effect his draft status.

TM (on prospect interviews)-I think you should talk more about your failings as a human being more than about the things you do well.

TM (On Eichel's interview)-He was ready, prepared, quick and impressive.

TM-I was never disappointed in the player we were going to get in lottery, more so on the numbers changing during our rebuild.

TM-He's had a tremendous year. I don't know why he wouldn't believe he is the best player in this draft. (Eichel)

TM-We don't plan on talking to Connor McDavid.

TM-I think he would, but I can't say for sure. (When asked if Bylsma would still be their coach if they weren't drafting Eichel)

TM-Everybody's too busy (for trade talks). I made a couple calls today, but I think guys are going to go home first and finalize their list.

TM-It wouldn't be surprising to see a lot of picks being moved in the first and second round.

TM (on goalie situation) It can go a lot of different ways. I've talked to 2 or 3 teams that are looking to move goalies.

TM-I'm not opposed to an older goalie. Maybe that tides us over until one of our young goalies is ready to step in. We also may draft a G.

TM-I can almost guarantee we'll take a goalie this year. If we can get the right guy at 21 or 31 that'll be a discussion.

TM-Video Game Hall of Fame? Halo. I've had every one.

Schopp: Do you play Halo online? Murray: NO. Strictly by myself, campaign. In the dark.

I totally stole this from somewhere else, is that okay of me to do? Can't really do anything other than copy paste since I lost my laptop

I also saw that Murray asks if kids play video games, and views a yes as a negative because it can mess with sleeping and eating habits.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I totally stole this from somewhere else, is that okay of me to do? Can't really do anything other than copy paste since I lost my laptop

I also saw that Murray asks if kids play video games, and views a yes as a negative because it can mess with sleeping and eating habits.

Hoss posted all this stuff in another thread.  It's all very interesting.

I'm very disappointed in TM for saying this, but it sounds like it's from personal experience  :P

I actually didn't point out the video game comment about interviewing other kids about it. I was wondering why somebody mentioned that. It's not a bad point. Since I've moved alone my sleeping and eating habits have been worse (my eating habits have always been absolutely terrible) because I don't really know anybody here so I play more video games.

I only read the last two or three posts but TM didn't say he viewed playing video games as a negative, he said playing too much is a negative.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not hooked up very well right now and what I posted is what someone else interpreted his comments as, I didn't hear the comments, wish I could find a link, my bad

TM-I was never disappointed in the player we were going to get in lottery, more so on the numbers changing during our rebuild.

TM-He's had a tremendous year. I don't know why he wouldn't believe he is the best player in this draft. (Eichel)

TM-We don't plan on talking to Connor McDavid.

I guess the interview wasn't done by a recovering lawyer.......ooof.......

I guess the interview wasn't done by a recovering lawyer.......ooof.......

I don't think there's a sliver wrong with what Murray said there. All three are obvious comments.

I'd like to know the context of the McDavid comment. Was it unprompted? I'm sure he didn't mean it in the sense that they won't pick him if he's there at two.

I don't think there's a sliver wrong with what Murray said there. All three are obvious comments.

I'd like to know the context of the McDavid comment. Was it unprompted? I'm sure he didn't mean it in the sense that they won't pick him if he's there at two.

IIRC they asked him he would be interview McDavid and he said no. Also said it's the team's decision to interview players, not the player's decision. 

One thing I thought interesting about the interviews is that Murray mentioned he thinks other teams might be interviewing Eichel to get his view on teammates/opposing players (i.e. Hanifin, and some other one that slips my mind)

That was Murray's best interview to date, IMHO. He comes across as human and likable. He made me chuckle several times and it was cool to hear him talking about Halo and give some insight into what goes on at home.

I dig the guy.

The three are contradictory though.

If he really believes Eichel deserves to feel he should be #1, then you should plan accordingly on even the 5% chance the Oilers take him and interview McDavid. If he knows he would take him at #2 and not have to interview him, then he just lied through his teeth about not being disappointed getting #2.

It's no big deal...but obvious track covering and pumping Eichel's tires.

I would interview McDavid just on the chance he blows a knee in a pickup basketball game, or gets arrested with a tranny hooker in Lauderdale the week of the draft.

I would interview McDavid just on the chance he blows a knee in a pickup basketball game, or gets arrested with a tranny hooker in Lauderdale the week of the draft.

I wonder what goes through the mind of a mega-prospect in the weeks leading up to the draft.  I'm pretty sure I'd be living in a bubble, thoroughly screening my prostitutes, including blood tests.

I am a huge Tim Murray fan, I like is deliberate approach in most everything.  Some of his moves are questionable, but so have so many other GM's.  I'm hoping we're eying Samsonov at one of our picks for goal.  

It's an interesting question. There is a lot of value at #21, probably too much. I could see taking him at #31. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.